You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 450>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 1:39pm
What's the crack with these 2 Murphy lads off Norwich? I know they've played underage for England but so did Clark...
Sponsored Links

Shamrock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:30am
Not Irish. I've heard that from a very good source. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:29pm

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/uncapped-wannabies-in-line-to-join-irish-odyssey-248550.html

Uncapped wannabies in line to join Irish odyssey

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

By John Fallon

As born winners, Martin O’Neill and Roy Keane will dig deep to turn around Ireland’s fortunes — which is good news for prospective new talent.

There’s at least 10 months left before the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign takes flight, ample time to cast the net wide and far in pursuit of the strongest possible material to work with. 

It’s understood a B international is already being considered for the same week as the friendly against Serbia in Dublin next March. The opposition may even be an Airtricity League select, providing O’Neill and Keane with the added insight into the best gems plying their trade domestically. 

In the meantime, there’s phone calls to be made and living-rooms to visit for our new supremos. The pair accepting no for an answer just doesn’t sit right. Here we feature some of the uncapped wannabies born outside of the 26 counties who are available, and possibly ready, to join the odyssey. 

Curtis Davies (Hull City) 

At 28, the centre-back is at a crossroads and Ireland may be the beneficiary. Tired of being overlooked for England, Davies is assessing his options, with a word in his ear from Hull’s Irish quintet not to be underestimated. 

Connor Wickham (Sunderland) 

Played under Keane at Ipswich and O’Neill for Sunderland, the tall striker is eligible for Ireland through his grandparents. Scored at the weekend for on-loan club Sheffield Wednesday. Can still switch from England to Ireland. 

Callum McManaman (Wigan) 

The winger, man of the match in Wigan’s FA Cup final win last May, possesses bundles of quality, albeit still to show his full potential. Still only 22 years old and has Irish ancestry. 

Patrick Bamford (Chelsea) 

Any striker who bags a dozen goals so far this season is worthy of attention, even at League One level where he’s shone for MK Dons. Ireland U21 manager Noel King has asked Bamford for an answer on whether he’s ready to jump ship from England. 

Ryan McLaughlin (Liverpool) 

Only recently turned 19, the Belfast-born defender has parked his Northern Ireland career for now. This has heightened speculation of him throwing his lot in with the Republic, despite Pool boss Brendan Rodgers already trying to aid Michael O’Neill’s powers of persuasion. 

Rory Donnelly (Swansea City) 

Another starlet hothoused through the Northern Ireland FA, Donnelly has played for their U21s after a period of uncertainty. The striker — part of Swansea’s Europa League squad — is not lost to the Republic cause yet. 

Liam McAlinden (Wolves) 

This one is certainly in the bag. English-born McAlinden told Michael O’Neill no thanks in favour of the Republic. All that awaits for the switch is clearance from Fifa. 

Cameron McGeehan (Norwich) 

The Londoner’s Norwich colleague, Ireland U19 defender Kyle McFadden, revealed McGeehan might be disposed towards the Republic. Captained the Canaries to the FA Youth Cup last season in the final against Chelsea. 

Michael Duffy (Derry City) 

One for the long-term, Duffy is the latest wideman to emerge from Derry’s production line. Has represented the North at U19 level.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:37pm
Jim Boyce in the papers today dismissing fears of a mass exodus of players to us from the North with MON's appointment.Also he believes players should play for the country they're born. I'll think you'll find Jim those players are playing for the country they're born in as far as they're concerned.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:40pm
Callum Mcmannaman would be great, and Donnelly
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Jim Boyce in the papers today dismissing fears of a mass exodus of players to us from the North with MON's appointment.Also he believes players should play for the country they're born. I'll think you'll find Jim those players are playing for the country they're born in as far as they're concerned.

i heard lawrie sanchez say the same one time , the irony completely lost on him LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

i heard lawrie sanchez say the same one time , the irony completely lost on him LOL

He said on SSN it was based on religion.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:46pm
Callum McManaman and Connor Wickham i can see being real genuine prospects for us. McManaman in particular looking very exciting any time i've seen him
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by The E The E wrote:

Callum McManaman and Connor Wickham i can see being real genuine prospects for us. McManaman in particular looking very exciting any time i've seen him

yes but Donnelly is class, needs a bit of chances to develop under laudrup, could be the natural replacemnt for walters and doyle, a tall guy that has a good feet as well
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:58pm
Wickham's father is from the North afaik so I doubt he would be interested in playing for us.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
The E View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Pm thE BSM your info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Wickham's father is from the North afaik so I doubt he would be interested in playing for us.

McClean, Gibson, AntrimMan, Wilson, our new manager Martin O'Neill are all from 'the North' What's your point?
Mystery Benefactor View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mystery Benefactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:15pm
2 things

1. Curtis Davies - seems to have slipped everyone minds that when MON left Villa Davies went public with how much he hated playing under MON and how relieved etc he was so that defo aint gonna happen
2. Wickham is also on record as stating his desire to play for Ingerland over Ireland and that should be that. If he had not said anything in public it wouldnt be a problem, but, having gone on record with it,, it should, in my humble opinion, be the end of it. We all know AT would have sooner played for England, but the saving grace was, he never said it. If you openly declare for a country, you should stick to it.
(ps......Wickham has been a huge disappointment so far)

Its a little known fact that Tony Hibberts mother is a Roscommon woman. Few years too late i suppose, but could have done a job.
Take me back.....!!!??!!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:16pm

McClean, Gibson, AntrimMan, Wilson, our new manager Martin O'Neill are all from 'the North' What's your point?

LOL

Clap
@AntrimMan85
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:18pm
Don't really rate Wickham anyway,McManaman has potential alright.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:26pm
Don't see Wickham joining us. McManaman might also be aiming for England considering he was named in a squad just a few months back. I would welcome Bamford, McLaughlin, Donnelly, and can't say I know a lot about the rest. 

On a related note, I sent a message to the FAI recently about Luke Murphy at Leeds, Kieran Trippier at Burnley, McGugan at Watford, and Harry Maguire at Sheffield Utd. They responded that some aren't eligible for us, which through power of deduction means that some are! Anyone know which of these CAN play for us?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:34pm

Conor Wickham supports Rangers so that would be my point.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:35pm

Conor Wickham supports Rangers so that would be my point.

Jon Daly and Alan Smith play for Rangers.

What's your point?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:36pm
Jack McInerney is a good player, in his 20 and Meara from US
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 450>
  Share Topic