FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Players eligible for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 452>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

There were a few during the Charlton years with tenuous links. I think Alderidge was another one who might have gotten in on a great-grandfather.

I personally don't have a problem with it. It was 30/40 years ago. A different time. All them lads bought into it 100% and gave the country a massive lift when were the economic backwater of the western world. 

The context today is different 

How wolf he have got in on great grandfather rule. I thought the rules were strictly grandparents.
Sponsored Links

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

There were a few during the Charlton years with tenuous links. I think Alderidge was another one who might have gotten in on a great-grandfather.

I personally don't have a problem with it. It was 30/40 years ago. A different time. All them lads bought into it 100% and gave the country a massive lift when were the economic backwater of the western world. 

Well said.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 6:38pm

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:58pm
McAteer is an embarrassment, loves pushing the paddywhackery tales when he's on British TV to try and get a laugh. A pity Stephen Cluxton didn't hit him a few more digs.
We're decent enough..
Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:55pm
Clowns like mcateer would put you off the granny rule. I'm all for lads playing for us who feeli Irish. When this kind of sh*t comes out though it's embarrassing 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Jason McAteer saying the FAI picked a random McAteer from County Down when sorting his paperwork. Mind you, he was talking on Under the Cosh where exaggerated stories are pretty much their stock in trade

‘Some random fella, like Seán or Paddy McAteer from Down was picked’ – Jason McAteer reveals how he got his Irish passport

Somebody already on twitter had the quote from his book where he mentioned it was his Dad's Dad that was the connection. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 5:43pm
Jason McAteer saying the FAI picked a random McAteer from County Down when sorting his paperwork. Mind you, he was talking on Under the Cosh where exaggerated stories are pretty much their stock in trade

‘Some random fella, like Seán or Paddy McAteer from Down was picked’ – Jason McAteer reveals how he got his Irish passport

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:01pm
Jack convinced spurs Andy turner to play for us and I remember it was a real boost as he burst onto the scene. Alas he never progressed but the lad had skill and played non hoof ball.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

He's not wrong:

Don’t think Jack would have played grealish
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

He's not wrong:

Comparing eras is the height of bolloxology & in that respect he's more than wrong, he's talking out his hole in entirety. 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 5:50pm
Realrover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Isn't eligible. He's a generation out.
Thank f**k, another desperate granny ruler attempt is all we need.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 12:26pm
Isn't eligible. He's a generation out.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 12:07pm
Callum O'Hare ever been mentioned, 1 cap for Engerland at u20 .......bit of a poundshop Grealish but looks quite handy when watching on the box this season

Edited by gazurtoids - 11 Feb 2024 at 12:08pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was talking to a man who knows Tom Mohan 
He said he recently asked him about Bradley and was told that he never had any interest in switching to play for us and always wanted to remain with the NI teams that he grew up playing for. 

Another story I've heard today is that his mother made him play for the north as she ran for Ireland and was treated as an outsider as she was a northerner. Taking that with a pinch of salt for now

I'd take it with the whole salt shaker. Unless she only spends her time exclusively with Loyalists, you aren't going to find many people in west Tyrone who would be pissed off about one of their own running for Ireland rather than the statelet.

what he means is people in the south treated her differently because she was a Northerner. and i understand, as someone from west Tyrone, every time I am at an Ireland game there are thick dubs saying things like sure do you not support the North? just after they had been singing james mcclean he hates the queen songs.LOL

Every time LOL

Always the Dubs.
LOL Always.

WTF is wrong with people? 😵‍💫🙈
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:12pm
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Finn Delap 18 made his debut for Burton Albion today, also Ciaran Gilligan 22 scored his first goal for them in a 2 - 1 win.
Assist by Delap. Long throw in.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 7:50pm
Finn Delap 18 made his debut for Burton Albion today, also Ciaran Gilligan 22 scored his first goal for them in a 2 - 1 win.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 10 Feb 2024 at 7:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 452>
  Share Topic