You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reforming defunct clubs/LOI 1st Division

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

If Sporting Fingal had actually been located in Fingal could/would thay have succeeded.  It seemed a good idea and I know the council were involved.  Was it too much too quickly.  It's a real shocker that they won the Cup and went bust a year later. 

Would have thought Morton stadium was within Fingal no?

Think saying it was too much too quickly is spot on. They had the right idea in trying to set up links with the local community etc but their quick progression through the leagues starting with skipping the A championship meant they were throwing money at the club in order for immediate success pretty quickly which snowballed on them in the end.

Can't say its much of a shocker seeing a club win some sort of silverware and then get into financial difficulty. A good proportion of the clubs in the league have nearly crippled themselves in the past in search of trophies which bring little financial rewards in comparison to what's spent.
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 6:52pm
if the country's historically most successful club move to the countries largest new town and get a council to build them a free ground and they still cant average 4000 at a game, well let's kill the notion that the league will ever be bigger than it is.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:14pm
I'm not saying or expecting clubs to get 10,000 but if a few clubs could form or eneter Division 1 who had links to local/county league's would it not help develop football and be good for the game in Ireland?
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

if the country's historically most successful club move to the countries largest new town and get a council to build them a free ground and they still cant average 4000 at a game, well let's kill the notion that the league will ever be bigger than it is.

agreed , especially having done so well in europe as well. i think there is a critical mass for the LOI , it hasnt been reached yet for most clubs but it cant be breached, rovers reached it during their good run under MON.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:49pm
Bring back Fordsons and Transport.........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:01pm
We had 15-20 k at the Cup Final V the bitters . The support is there even tho most will look east for football . Improve the package ,ie, the topic in another thread re ground conditions . Hearts and minds can be changed over time . We have to be the builders - we have to demand better standards . Its not that long ago when LOI had big enough crowds to be in a healthy state . We can bring those days back , I am certain of that . And hopeful .
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
geezer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:14pm
Are supporters asking the clubs who is running the league, are they performing, who is measuring them are they worth it?. Tlgueis

Edited by geezer - 18 Jun 2013 at 11:34pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 10:45pm
Just been watching the Rod squad there...any idea on what monaghans long term plan? Any ambitions to try and get back into the league system?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic