You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSinging Section Campaign (Page 17 latest)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singing Section Campaign (Page 17 latest)
    Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 11:39am
Lads if the atmosphere is sh*t tonight then we will have to get the fans singing section campagin for the new Landsdowne up and running. The Stadium will be ready in just over a year and we know how long stuff like this takes. Also the matches next year the atmosphere might improve a bit because there are some big games but I still think a Signing Section would be best so games like this there can be noise made. So we should get it going while the atmosphere is cack.

Looking at the new stadium it seems that there is a good case to have a fans singing section on one of the lower tiers, preferably the south (as I stated in another Thread).

Altogether if you take away the Premium and Corporate seats there should be about 36,000 seats for the core supporters who will be placed on the bottom and top tiers of the stadium. 3000 seats behind the goal on the south stand is not much for them to put aside as these will be people who go to all the games anyway. Only concern would be how they decide to distribute them, how do you qualify to register for them. If they gave them just to the LOI clubs it could help a little but are they as big as fans as say people that go to all the away games or PEOPLE ON YBIG???
Sponsored Links

gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 11:58am
im only gonna talk about shels as i dont know about other clubs but in general shels fans dont give a crap about Ireland. We have been sending  back rakes of tickets to the FAI as we dont take our allocation. if its like that at other clubs then your not really gonna get the singing supporters of LOI clubs at Ireland matches certantly not the shelbourne ones. another thing thats a problem is a lot of Ireland supporters only sing when they are drunk, which is grand when your away with the lads but when you decide to bring little Jonny then its not really an option.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by gouldinho gouldinho wrote:

im only gonna talk about shels as i dont know about other clubs but in general shels fans dont give a crap about Ireland. We have been sending  back rakes of tickets to the FAI as we dont take our allocation. if its like that at other clubs then your not really gonna get the singing supporters of LOI clubs at Ireland matches certantly not the shelbourne ones. another thing thats a problem is a lot of Ireland supporters only sing when they are drunk, which is grand when your away with the lads but when you decide to bring little Jonny then its not really an option.

Thats a bit of a generalisation gouldy to be fair. Theres no way you could back up that with proof!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:20pm
i kind of meant. i.e Joe Soap aged 35 goes to an away match with the lads, gets hammered, sings a few songs, curses at the ref, has a good time etc. tonight Joe comes home from work about this time and brings his son little Jonny aged ten to the match. I cant see Joe standing up singing his balls off with little jonny there. another theory i have is the average age of the ireland fan that goes to home matches is too old.

Edited by gouldinho - 19 Nov 2008 at 12:21pm
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:39pm
who's joe soap?

Edited by packiesglove - 19 Nov 2008 at 12:39pm
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:45pm
he lives in swords and is married to ineedsum. although she is cheating on him when he goes to away matches with their dutch neighbour frank koch Wink
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:47pm

Jazus you talk some sh*te.

If you dont give a crap about Ireland, dont go to home games, dont go to away games how the fook can you make sweeping generalisations about the type of folk that attend.

Every Rovers supporter i know and that go to the games are as passionate about their country as they are about their club.

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:54pm
what do you mean i talk sh*te? im just saying what its like at shelbourne, hence the i will only talk about shels because i dont know what its like at other clubs part in my 1st post. and im not making generalisations im just firing out random theories that may be true with a lot of situations. so apologize. and i never said i dont give a crap about the national team i just said a lot of the singing shels fans dont. hence the fact im on a website dedicated to the national team.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:57pm
and i want an apologie for your outburst after not reading my post correctly
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 12:58pm
mr.g, and another  website ive heard Shocked

Edited by packiesglove - 19 Nov 2008 at 12:58pm
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

who's joe soap?

He is the cousin of Joe Six-Pack and Joe DaPlumber that were mentioned during the run up to the US elections. LOL
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

mr.g, and another  website ive heard Shocked

im not on foot.ie and dont know any others. There is 3 other gouldinho's. ones from renelalgh another from portsmouth and one is a pro surfer Big%20smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 1:07pm
i thought you were a "pro surfer", and that "pro" dont stand for professional................LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 3:43am

i kind of meant. i.e Joe Soap aged 35 goes to an away match with the lads, gets hammered, sings a few songs, curses at the ref, has a good time etc. tonight Joe comes home from work about this time and brings his son little Jonny aged ten to the match. I cant see Joe standing up singing his balls off with little jonny there. another theory i have is the average age of the ireland fan that goes to home matches is too old.

Agree this is a good theory. You didn't see many old Poles there last night and their noise was brilliant

Edited by t_rAndy - 20 Nov 2008 at 3:43am
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 3:49am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Agree this is a good theory. You didn't see many old Poles there last night and their noise was brilliant

Ehhh thas because 95% of Polish that have entered the country since 2005 are between 23-28.

Irish fans on an away trip make much more noise than and its generally an older crowd as tha young wans cant afford it etc so that theory is a pile of poo.
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
PolskaBohs View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 4:17am

League teams don't seem to care about the Irish team as they don't have a connection with them,i believe its getting worse as well as you have Keith Fahey a great player who is better than what you have in midfield IMO,but he does not play??

I would say maybe 80% of Irish fans at Croke Park don't actually go to football games.They don't know how to support a team as they only see it on TV.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 4:22am

[/QUOTE]

I would say maybe 80% of Irish fans at Croke Park don't actually go to football games.They don't know how to support a team as they only see it on TV.
[/QUOTE]

Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2008 at 4:22am
well put Polska
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic