You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Below par, do you actually watch Rovers ? He is there top goalscorer and has more assists than anyone from midfield. LOL

When the previous squad was picked, he was playing nowhere near the level he was capable of (back injury) and the level which saw him included in the squad under Mick.
But you didnt say that you said he has been below par for most of the season which is not true.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:26am

Below par, do you actually watch Rovers ? He is there top goalscorer and has more assists than anyone from midfield. LOL
Yes I’ve seen them plenty of times this season. Do you think he’s been as consistent as previous seasons?? Not a hope but he is back approaching it & on that deserves a call up. 
As Hunts rightly says above, he wasn’t good enough for a call up last international break. 
Below his own standards is what was meant in my OP

Edited by 9fingers - 28 Sep 2020 at 10:27am
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:42am
He had a handfull of quiet games after the restart but before and after his little lull he has been by far the best player in the league.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:45am
Slovakia obviously have some very good players, playing in top leagues like Italy and Germany. But if you look at some of the players they've called up over the past 12 months, they playing in Romania, Cyprus, Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic and the USA...The argument that Byrne couldn't do it against that calibre of player is a bogus one IMO.

Outside of the top tier of nations, international football actually isn't a great standard
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:55am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

When the previous squad was picked, he was playing nowhere near the level he was capable of (back injury) and the level which saw him included in the squad under Mick.
But you didnt say that you said he has been below par for most of the season which is not true.

I didn't say that.

The only thing I said is what I said above, and a reply to HB's post.

I'd say you're confusing it with 9F's post.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 11:41am
If he is looking too good for the LOI, coupled with his game against Milan and our lack of similar players, he may well deserve a squad place. That probably says more about us than him!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:26am
I personally don't think he should start but he should make the squad and potentially come on if we are needing a goal. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Outside of the top tier of nations, international football actually isn't a great standard

And yet we still often make some of the worst teams in the world look like Barcelona 2010
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 5:13pm
I'm delighted for him. He totally deserves it. I think there are some on here that would want to see him flop. Just imagine he came on and made a difference, it might shatter their illusion that unless your the other side of the pond you couldn't possibly have any talent. I mean imagine the thoughts of it. How dare he be any good playing in the LOI. 

Edited by Dugs - 29 Sep 2020 at 5:16pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:01am
Will we see him back playing in England in 2021 ?

Edited by Healy52003 - 30 Sep 2020 at 1:03am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Will we see him back playing in England in 2021 ?

Depends if the pubs here are still sh*t from covid
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:14pm
Watching rovers tonight and Byrne tends to always take the hardest available pass on offer, losses the ball more often than not, but is still a joy to watch an irish player trying to make those passes. Only one of them have to get through for a goal.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:32pm
What an assist that was, but hes not good enough to play at higher level apparently . 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:40pm
He needs to learn to play the ball backwards and practice running into positions where he can't receive possession if he wants to be good enough to play for Ireland.
We're decent enough..
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:42pm
What a pass indeed, as I said, only takes the one wonder ball to get through
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He needs to learn to play the ball backwards and practice running into positions where he can't receive possession if he wants to be good enough to play for Ireland.
Follow the Hendrick model wha
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:07pm
Should be starting Thursday. He's exactly what that midfield is missing. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:09pm
Being honest a half decent centre back heads that away easily. Byrne does offer something different but if he was going to be played against Slovakia he needed to get a shot last month. Hopefully he gets a fair chance in the Nations League games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 138>
  Share Topic