Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Yeah another season with Rovers wpupd do him no harm at all.

Champions league qualification on the cards also. If hes getting called up to the Irish squad also then maybe he should stay a while longer. Im sure Shams would dig deep to keep him for another while.
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:58pm
The idea that Jack Byrne would sh!t the bed and struggle against a team like Slovakia is hilarious. Considering what our current midfield/attack have been up to (or not up to) of late, it would actually be very odd if Kenny left him out. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The idea that Jack Byrne would sh!t the bed and struggle against a team like Slovakia is hilarious. Considering what our current midfield/attack have been up to (or not up to) of late, it would actually be very odd if Kenny left him out. 

He will be in the squad id ssy. Defo shud be anyway. If you look at Callum Robinsons first goal yesterday where hes played in. We have no player that will do that in our team right now. Or no player that looks to do it at the very least. Byrne can and looks to do that. Id have no issues if he was actually in the starting line up.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He will be in the squad id ssy. Defo shud be anyway. If you look at Callum Robinsons first goal yesterday where hes played in. We have no player that will do that in our team right now. Or no player that looks to do it at the very least. Byrne can and looks to do that. Id have no issues if he was actually in the starting line up.

I'd have no issues either. But it would seem baffling as to why you wouldn't want Byrne even on the bench. Genuinely, who do you bring on if you're chasing a game? Who possesses the skill set to fundamentally change our approach within a game?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:05pm

His second goal was very good. Think he should stay away from thr championship if he can, would love to see him back in Europe where his style is suited imo.

His second goal was class and he deserved his man of the match award.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 7:39am
A major part of his game that hasn't really been touched on here is his dead ball delivery. Absolute quality 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:36am
Bottom line is if anyone can come.back with a constructive breakdown as to why he shouldn't be included, then I'm all ears.

He'd be one of the best deadball experts in the squad
He'd be the player with the best range of passing in the squad
He'd be the only player who CONSISTENTLY demands to be on the ball for 90 minutes in the squad

who wouldn't even want to have an option of that on the bench?

Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:51am

Bottom line is if anyone can come.back with a constructive breakdown as to why he shouldn't be included, then I'm all ears.

He'd be one of the best deadball experts in the squad
He'd be the player with the best range of passing in the squad
He'd be the only player who CONSISTENTLY demands to be on the ball for 90 minutes in the squad

who wouldn't even want to have an option of that on the bench?

Agreed, I said it before, the best football I have seen us play in the last year was against Bulgaria when Mick was in charge. Byrne, Cullen and Browne were the trio - none of them hid and Browne and Byrne in particular were active in seeking the ball
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 9:10am
With Brady and O'Dowda out, we need a player who can creative something, he's in good form and he's more match fit than the rest of our players.

I would definitely include him.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 9:16am
My only reservation, just to play devils advocate, is that the Slovakia game might be too important to give him a shout... the nations league games would be ideal but this game is so important.

As an option from the bench maybe.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 9:53am
he should and will be in the squad but he won’t start against Slovakia imo. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

My only reservation, just to play devils advocate, is that the Slovakia game might be too important to give him a shout... the nations league games would be ideal but this game is so important.

As an option from the bench maybe.

I don't doubt that he wouldn't start but what do you actually think is going to happen if he did start? What exactly do you see going wrong?

The irony when it comes to Jack Byrne is that he's one of the few Irish players who doesn't look phased regardless of who he is playing against which is exactly why I would have him starting in one aspect.

Edited by Banjaxed - 28 Sep 2020 at 9:57am
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
He has played well in games against PSV, Ajax and AC Milan there is absoloutley no reason he couldnt do it against Slovakia. Should be starting imo but we all know that wont happen until he gets the magic plane.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 28 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:08am
He offers just as much as Hourihane so should be in squad. Starting vs Slovakia is a bit much tho LOL his form has really picked up lately tho, he’s been below par for a good Rovers team for a lot of this season 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:15am
Below par, do you actually watch Rovers ? He is there top goalscorer and has more assists than anyone from midfield. LOL

Edited by JoxerDaly - 28 Sep 2020 at 10:15am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:19am
He's definitely worthy of a squad place, he offers us something different to our other midfield options.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:22am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

With Brady and O'Dowda out, we need a player who can creative something, he's in good form and he's more match fit than the rest of our players.

I would definitely include him.

Would agree that this is why he should be included in the squad, and is probably why he wasn't in the previous squad, despite what Kenny said about not wanting a number 10.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 10:23am

Below par, do you actually watch Rovers ? He is there top goalscorer and has more assists than anyone from midfield. LOL

When the previous squad was picked, he was playing nowhere near the level he was capable of (back injury) and the level which saw him included in the squad under Mick.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 138>
  Share Topic