Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

He's gonna be another Wes isn't he, gets his breakthrough at 31 and we're gonna wonder why he was wasted for the past 10 years.

I love him, and being a LOI player he's got an unknown element if he was thrown in next June
I think he already is another Wes, insofar as most Irish fans massively overrate him!
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Yeah and as pointed out elsewhere, very hypocritical.

There was one poster yesterday who wrote "I love friendlies, they give me an excuse to drink". No one batted an eyelid at this.

The fact is, there are a group of maybe 300 or 400 or more (I have no clue, dont go to away games anymore) Irish people, who are mostly on this forum too, who use all their annual leave to travel to such exotic places as Moldova and Switzerland and Wales, often never venturing beyond the capital city, or beyond a square in the capital city, or beyond a pub off the square in the capital city, to spend 2 and 3 days at a time drinking copious amounts of booze.

(Its fun, I enjoyed it, but its nowhere near as much fun as properly seeing the world out there).

We would have a much smaller amount of travelling fans if these trips were alcohol free.

And yet Jack Byrne is getting grief every day on this forum for enjoying a drink!!

Maybe best to look at yourselves first. 

But keep having digs at him, while you nervously wait for clarification on when you can book your 3-day bender in glamorous Bratislava in March.

Maybe you have woken up and seen the damage the devils buttermilk does.

No matter what way you like to dress it up, Wales is not glamourous. Nor is Bratislava. I know because I'm not locked in a pub for 3 days on away trip. But I suppose for people who are, the whole world looks exactly the same. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

There was one poster yesterday who wrote "I love friendlies, they give me an excuse to drink". No one batted an eyelid at this.

The fact is, there are a group of maybe 300 or 400 or more (I have no clue, dont go to away games anymore) Irish people, who are mostly on this forum too, who use all their annual leave to travel to such exotic places as Moldova and Switzerland and Wales, often never venturing beyond the capital city, or beyond a square in the capital city, or beyond a pub off the square in the capital city, to spend 2 and 3 days at a time drinking copious amounts of booze.

(Its fun, I enjoyed it, but its nowhere near as much fun as properly seeing the world out there).

We would have a much smaller amount of travelling fans if these trips were alcohol free.

And yet Jack Byrne is getting grief every day on this forum for enjoying a drink!!

But keep having digs at him, while you nervously wait for clarification on when you can book your 3-day bender in glamorous Bratislava in March.

Maybe you have woken up and seen the damage the devils buttermilk does.

No matter what way you like to dress it up, Wales is not glamourous. Nor is Bratislava. I know because I'm not locked in a pub for 3 days on away trip. But I suppose for people who are, the whole world looks exactly the same. 

But the ladies are works of art..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the posters making quips about Byrne drinking are taking the piss out of that poster Kearney rather than Byrne himself. Yer man Kearney randomly declared one day that Byrne's career had stalled due to a fondness of the gargle - his only evidence seemingly being a picture or two on social media.

Yes this is it.

I spoke to a Rovers fan who was out with the team after the cup win and it was confirmed that Jack Byrne loves the drink - like most others do.

I know fair play to him, he bought me a pint in an early house at 7.30am this morning. 

LOLLOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:41pm
Jack definitely got a touch of class about him, but needs greater consistency. From the limited number of times I have seen him, he drifts in and out of games too often. With all due respect to LoI, he needs to move to a more testing league. As a number of countries not overly blessed with talent have shown, it is not too hard to develop a compact team that is hard to beat. You need that bit of quality to go beyond that and actually win against decent opposition. Some of us have hoped that McGeady or Wes might have become that player over recent years and now the hope has passed to Byrne. Really hope he does develop, but looks as if other grounds for optimism with the U21s too.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

the whole jack likes a drink line is getting a little tiresome i must say.

Whatever about the merits of drinking and not drinking or our fans being puss heads, it isn’t hypocritical at all. It would only be hypocritical if those same fans were professional athletes and were held to the same standards.

If you extend that argument, I shouldn’t criticise any player because I was sh*t at football and am unfit.

There was always a whiff of sanctimonious arsehole off rolos posts. His latest one just confirmed it.  Nothing worse than the wannabe sinner who thinks he has seen the light.  
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:48pm
I for one thought Bratislava was lovely
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I for one thought Bratislava was lovely

The views were stunning alright.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the whole jack likes a drink line is getting a little tiresome i must say.

Whatever about the merits of drinking and not drinking or our fans being puss heads, it isn’t hypocritical at all. It would only be hypocritical if those same fans were professional athletes and were held to the same standards.

If you extend that argument, I shouldn’t criticise any player because I was sh*t at football and am unfit.

There was always a whiff of sanctimonious arsehole off rolos posts. His latest one just confirmed it.  Nothing worse than the wannabe sinner who thinks he has seen the light.  

This thread is quality LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:39pm

This is absolutely desperate.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 4:08pm
I think when people watch Jack play (whether it be playing for the national team or watching him for Rovers with the view to playing for Ireland), we tend to expect a lot from him. We look out for the eye of the needle through balls, 60 yarders across the pitch, linking up around the edge of the box. When you are watching him expecting this it is hard for him to impress as our expectations are high, but if we just watched him like we do with most of our midfielders it's hard to argue he isn't our most comfortable midfielder on the ball and in terms of making things happen.

I didn't think he played brilliant last night, but he got on the ball and kept it and never looked in trouble or for the easy option. He won't start on Monday but he has to be someone we are considering off the bench if we need a goal. Maybe he won't make the impact we are all hoping for but he is definitely more likely to than most of our other options.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:18pm

I think he already is another Wes, insofar as most Irish fans massively overrate him!

Absolutely. The way he is overrated here is over the top altogether. 
The only way is up
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:35pm
he done nothing that you'd expect from an international player and that's pass the ball well.he never stood out (for me) against a very poor international team.last night was his time to shine and he just didn't do it.people on here saying he was "brilliant " and "best player on park" really need to get a grip...looking at him last night...he's league one level...and an average on at that.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

he done nothing that you'd expect from an international player and that's pass the ball well.he never stood out (for me) against a very poor international team.last night was his time to shine and he just didn't do it.people on here saying he was "brilliant " and "best player on park" really need to get a grip...looking at him last night...he's league one level...and an average on at that.

Either you were watching a different game or couldn't make him out cause you don't actually know what he looks like. Utter tripe.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:42pm
I think...like many on here ...you haven't a clue what your watching.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:44pm

I think...like many on here ...you haven't a clue what your watching.

Ya were all wrong and your right.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:48pm
thanks.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:49am

Either you were watching a different game or couldn't make him out cause you don't actually know what he looks like. Utter tripe.
You can’t judge him based on a pointless friendly, whether he was good or bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 138>
  Share Topic