Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:20am
I heard he's been on the lash hard after the Rovers win - hence Mick's comments.

I thought he started very well but faded too. Definitely should be used more if we need some creativity.

It will be interesting to see how he plays against stronger and more experienced opposition.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:22am
He's gonna be another Wes isn't he, gets his breakthrough at 31 and we're gonna wonder why he was wasted for the past 10 years.

I love him, and being a LOI player he's got an unknown element if he was thrown in next June
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

He's gonna be another Wes isn't he, gets his breakthrough at 31 and we're gonna wonder why he was wasted for the past 10 years.

I love him, and being a LOI player he's got an unknown element if he was thrown in next June

With Kenny coming in, I find it hard to believe any "Wes" will go under the radar u set his tenure. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:35am
He heard that Slatterys had a half time 2 for 1 special on fosters and couldnt get it out of his head. Hence, the fade.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:36am
the whole jack likes a drink line is getting a little tiresome i must say.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Imagine how his liver must feel!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:03am

Yep, quite a puritanical sentiment coming from certain quarters. After a while the continuous references with Jack and gargle ceases being a giggle and starts to be vindictive, ironically enough when it comes from the billynomates on here who spend a fortune travelling all over the world to go on the piss.

As regards last night, Jack had a poor game. He took to many touches on the ball, never got his head up to spread the play. On occassion he slowed down attacks with over complicating things.
Too much tikka takka with little penitration. Cullen was our best midfielder on show.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 10:43am
i saw it different. though he was excellent in the first half. everything went through him, he was always looking to get the ball. and another thing i noticed was the rest of the players were generally looking to give him the ball. not sure he faded that much, can't be brilliant all game. i thought he should have kept him on but there ya go. i do agree that he looks a little slight, could possibly work on that a bit. overall i must say until he went off i thought he was our standout player.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:29am

Yeah and as pointed out elsewhere, very hypocritical.

There was one poster yesterday who wrote "I love friendlies, they give me an excuse to drink". No one batted an eyelid at this.

The fact is, there are a group of maybe 300 or 400 or more (I have no clue, dont go to away games anymore) Irish people, who are mostly on this forum too, who use all their annual leave to travel to such exotic places as Moldova and Switzerland and Wales, often never venturing beyond the capital city, or beyond a square in the capital city, or beyond a pub off the square in the capital city, to spend 2 and 3 days at a time drinking copious amounts of booze.

(Its fun, I enjoyed it, but its nowhere near as much fun as properly seeing the world out there).

We would have a much smaller amount of travelling fans if these trips were alcohol free.

And yet Jack Byrne is getting grief every day on this forum for enjoying a drink!!

Maybe best to look at yourselves first. 

But keep having digs at him, while you nervously wait for clarification on when you can book your 3-day bender in glamorous Bratislava in March.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

There was one poster yesterday who wrote "I love friendlies, they give me an excuse to drink". No one batted an eyelid at this.

The fact is, there are a group of maybe 300 or 400 or more (I have no clue, dont go to away games anymore) Irish people, who are mostly on this forum too, who use all their annual leave to travel to such exotic places as Moldova and Switzerland and Wales, often never venturing beyond the capital city, or beyond a square in the capital city, or beyond a pub off the square in the capital city, to spend 2 and 3 days at a time drinking copious amounts of booze.

(Its fun, I enjoyed it, but its nowhere near as much fun as properly seeing the world out there).

We would have a much smaller amount of travelling fans if these trips were alcohol free.

And yet Jack Byrne is getting grief every day on this forum for enjoying a drink!!

But keep having digs at him, while you nervously wait for clarification on when you can book your 3-day bender in glamorous Bratislava in March.
Whatever about the merits of drinking and not drinking or our fans being puss heads, it isn’t hypocritical at all. It would only be hypocritical if those same fans were professional athletes and were held to the same standards.

If you extend that argument, I shouldn’t criticise any player because I was sh*t at football and am unfit.

Edited by pre Madonna - 15 Nov 2019 at 11:34am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:36am
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the posters making quips about Byrne drinking are taking the piss out of that poster Kearney rather than Byrne himself. Yer man Kearney randomly declared one day that Byrne's career had stalled due to a fondness of the gargle - his only evidence seemingly being a picture or two on social media.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the posters making quips about Byrne drinking are taking the piss out of that poster Kearney rather than Byrne himself. Yer man Kearney randomly declared one day that Byrne's career had stalled due to a fondness of the gargle - his only evidence seemingly being a picture or two on social media.
I presumed this didn’t need to be said, but you are obviously correct.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I presumed this didn’t need to be said, but you are obviously correct.

Well judging by some of the posts on this thread it looked like it needed to be pointed out to certain people!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:39am
Possibly. I may overestimate people. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:40am

Yes this is it.

I spoke to a Rovers fan who was out with the team after the cup win and it was confirmed that Jack Byrne loves the drink - like most others do.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:42am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yes this is it.

I spoke to a Rovers fan who was out with the team after the cup win and it was confirmed that Jack Byrne loves the drink - like most others do.

I know fair play to him, he bought me a pint in an early house at 7.30am this morning. 
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Whatever about the merits of drinking and not drinking or our fans being puss heads, it isn’t hypocritical at all. It would only be hypocritical if those same fans were professional athletes and were held to the same standards.

If you extend that argument, I shouldn’t criticise any player because I was sh*t at football and am unfit.

Good point.

The "Jack likes a drink" is just fantasy stuff though, there's no actual evidence of him drinking. It's like something tan fans would make up about one of their players.

Edited by Tony Cousins - 15 Nov 2019 at 11:44am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

That was me who said that.

I can confirm I now hate friendlies the way I’m feeling Dead 

I would advise Jack to give up the drink.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 138>
  Share Topic