You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 138>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm
And which championship club does Judge play for ?

Anyway, at least he won't risk getting injured for the cup-final..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

And which championship club does Judge play for ?

Anyway, at least he won't risk getting injured for the cup-final..

''Judgey'' is a favourite of Mick, just like Paul Green/Andy Keogh were under Trapattoni. I certainly wouldn't be picking him in the squad. Mick still thinks this is the same player who was quite good for Brentford in the Championship. However, the reality is he has never been the same player since coming back from a broken leg and at 31 isn't going to offer much going forward.
The only way is up
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:38pm
Byrne is a decent player. That is about the height of it. He plays for Shamrock Rovers and ok he has been the best player in the league this year but so was Richie Towell before he went to England and look at him now. People on here talking like he is some sort of world class talent.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:59pm
Not surprised he was left out because he was probably the least likely midfielder to get on the pitch (from Micks view), but I have no doubt about it he is good enough for international football. He was never going to be thrown on for his competitive debut in such a big game but it's a shame as he genuinely offers something that nobody else in this squad does. Saturday was the chance to throw him on.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:09pm
Personally, I feel Judge gets a difficult time because he is playing in League 1. Injury took away a great chance for him to press on into a PL player in 2016, and as mentioned he has made certain contributions. Much of the pass given to McClean, I’d afford to Judge, but only for now.
Hoops1724 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoops1724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Most of the times I've seen Jack Byrne, he's been dominated by the Bohs midfield. We're not talking about Messi here ffs. Lads really believe he should be starting? 

You got laughed at in the cup semi - get over it.......

Gypo posts like these are music to my earsLOL

He's no Keith Buckley.

Some of that lot would have you believe Buckley is a better player LOLLOL

Don't think Jack should have started tonight for one second but would definitely have been a good option to have on the bench. Probably should have come on on Saturday. Disappointing to see him left out of the 23 but can't say I'm surprised either sadly. 

21 League Title's and FAI 25 Cups - Shamrock Rovers FC - Ireland's Number One!
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Personally, I feel Judge gets a difficult time because he is playing in League 1. Injury took away a great chance for him to press on into a PL player in 2016, and as mentioned he has made certain contributions. Much of the pass given to McClean, I’d afford to Judge, but only for now.

Stats dont tell you everything, but in the 61 games hes played since returning from injury hes scored just once and provided 3 assists!

Compare that to the 2015-16 season before he broke his leg, he played 38 games, scored 14 and provided 12 assists.

Hes unfortunately not the same player he was 3/4 years ago.. injuries took their toll on him, maybe age too.. He looks to have lost a yard of pace and he hasnt been able to take on and beat his man for a decent cross or shot as he so often used to.

Hes done at this level and probably Championship level too.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:45pm
f**k me, if lads who gives the ball away time after time are deemed good enough for international football I reckon I should be in with a chance.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

He produced the best playmaking performance for Ireland V Bulgaria that I have seen in a number of years. He played better than Hendrick or Hourihane have against similar opposition. 

Yea lets play him on the back of the Bulgaria game, worked wonders for Collins.

Exactly, he's the not playing superstar that would save us.

But Mick should have given him 20 or so minutes against Georgia, and if he was just as sh*t as the rest of the team then we know. But he could have played well and now be an option for Switzerland.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:06pm
It's hardly surprising Byrne impresses in Europe where it's far more tactical and technical than in the LOI, majority of the LOI stuff is hoofball and all gung-ho with tackles flying in like no tomorrow.

Teams sat off Shamrock Rovers in Europe, allowed him time to get on the ball and surprise surprise he was very impressive and probably their best player against decent opposition.

I also never understood the comparisons with Towell, he's a completely different player to Byrne.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

It's hardly surprising Byrne impresses in Europe where it's far more tactical and technical than in the LOI, majority of the LOI stuff is hoofball and all gung-ho with tackles flying in like no tomorrow.

Teams sat off Shamrock Rovers in Europe, allowed him time to get on the ball and surprise surprise he was very impressive and probably their best player against decent opposition.

I also never understood the comparisons with Towell, he's a completely different player to Byrne.

News to me....
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

News to me....

Ah come on now,

I appreciate Bohs are playing some nice stuff under Keith Long but lets face it the league isn't a haven for technically gifted players.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

News to me....

Ah come on now,

I appreciate Bohs are playing some nice stuff under Keith Long but lets face it the league isn't a haven for technically gifted players.

I'd say Dundalk, Rovers, Bohs, derry, even lower down sides like UCD commit to quick passing football approach. The only team that wasn't a poor team that i found truly dreadful to watch were Cork under Caulfield.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

He produced the best playmaking performance for Ireland V Bulgaria that I have seen in a number of years. He played better than Hendrick or Hourihane have against similar opposition. 

Yea lets play him on the back of the Bulgaria game, worked wonders for Collins.

Exactly, he's the not playing superstar that would save us.

But Mick should have given him 20 or so minutes against Georgia, and if he was just as sh*t as the rest of the team then we know. But he could have played well and now be an option for Switzerland.

Exactly! No need to start sucking his balls just because of a decent cameo last month, but let’s have another look at what he can do anyway ffs 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:42pm
Nobody with ability on the ball to change the direction of the game if needed now. It seems his impressive cameo against Bulgaria left McCarthy unmoved. Odd, because Collins got a start out of his half-decent showing as a substitute.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:44pm
I would have started him...if we were away to Bray.
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would have started him...if we were away to Bray.

On the slots or poker machines ?
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:55pm
Two years ago people were going mad that Maguire wasn't starting, that's quickly past. Byrne is good but he still has a lot to do. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 138>
  Share Topic