You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:48am
Most of our players fear being on the ball. Jack Byrne doesn't. 

Most of our players will NEVER call for a ball in tight space. Jack Byrne does.

Most of our players can't see a killer pass. Jack Byrne can.

Most of players instinctively turn back. Jack Byrne instinctively turns forward.

There's no clamour to stick him in the number 10 role from the off, but with 25 minutes to go, just a few reasons why Byrne should be an option from the bench. 

Fear. It's awful fooking thing.

Sponsored Links

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:53am
If Byrne was still in the sh*t SPFL would there be such a clamor for him to be playing?  He's definitely a fine player but he's in the LOI for a reason.    
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:06pm
joke really. not saying he should start but hes defo someone good enough to bring off the bench.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:13pm
this mentality that hes playing in the LOI so hes not that good. fcking sick of that narrow minded view that its england or failure.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:30pm
Byrne has done nothing wrong when picked though, in fact he’s looked tidy and able to retain possession of the ball and pass the bloody thing. Has to be an option in the 23. His league form shouldn’t matter really, doesn’t seem to with a few others in the squad. Until he proves he can’t cut it he should be in imo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

He produced the best playmaking performance for Ireland V Bulgaria that I have seen in a number of years. He played better than Hendrick or Hourihane have against similar opposition. 

Yea lets play him on the back of the Bulgaria game, worked wonders for Collins.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

joke really. not saying he should start but hes defo someone good enough to bring off the bench.

This! 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

If Byrne was still in the sh*t SPFL would there be such a clamor for him to be playing?  He's definitely a fine player but he's in the LOI for a reason.    

Not really cos he was on bench behind Gary Dicker and Alan Power not getting a look in at Kilmarnock
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He produced the best playmaking performance for Ireland V Bulgaria that I have seen in a number of years. He played better than Hendrick or Hourihane have against similar opposition. 

...and why did Collins play well v Bulgaria? Because he got the service on the night. Hes a goal poacher in the 6 yard box. 

Jack Byrne picked out Stevens with a through ball for a cross into 6 yard box where Collins had to just run across it and nod it in.

On Saturday, bar 2 corners, we got nothing to him.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:59pm
While I’ve questioned His performances against Bohs & Dundalk this season he deserved his call up & performed very well against Bulgaria. 
He should 100% be in the match day 23 today 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:07pm
Should be in the 23. Every time we had the ball on Saturday, our CM's ran way away from the ball instead of showing for it. At least Byrne looks to get on the ball. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Should be in the 23. Every time we had the ball on Saturday, our CM's ran way away from the ball instead of showing for it. At least Byrne looks to get on the ball. 
my sentiments. Our midfield,the fulcrum of the team building attacks don’t want the ball! They are afraid to take responsibility. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

...and why did Collins play well v Bulgaria?
Because international friendly matches are less competitive than training sessions.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:23pm
Another night of Jeff Hendrick running aimlessly all over the pitch and Conor Hourihane hiding for 90 minutes while our most creative player by some distance does not even make the bench, Hoolahan 2.0
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:28pm
He's not in the 23
Some people just deserve a slap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Most of the times I've seen Jack Byrne, he's been dominated by the Bohs midfield. We're not talking about Messi here ffs. Lads really believe he should be starting? 

Most of time I've seen Hendrick he's been sh!t yet he's waltzed into the first 11 for the last 3 years. What's your point? 

We're talking about what a player can do on their day, regardless of club. I only care what a player does for Ireland (good or bad)

Option off the bench is all. If we play like Saturday and need some guile in midfield our only option is Judge, who while he has a decent ping in him, I don't think he's as willing to receive the ball in tight spaces, which inevitably  opens up the pitch, creating the required space for opportunities. 

In fairness to Judge, although I am not sure about his club situation, he has made two critical contributions to this campaign already. He made a big difference coming on against Denmark and his cross created the Duffy goal (and I think won the free too?). He also made a critical track back to clear a certain goal against the Swiss. That is going to hold a lot of weight with McCarthy.

I like Byrne, but I do think he needs to get more game time in the Ireland side to show what he can do or move to a higher level, as much as that is a bit of a cop-out to say. But I would also trust if McCarthy thought he could have used him and he has been watching him in training, then he would have included him. I guess we just need to trust his judgement, even though perhaps it's also another sign of conservatism

I think Byrne will get more opportunities to prove he is not just a luxury player and could be useful, but I do think this game is maybe too soon.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 1:46pm
How Hendrick gets his name down in the 11 no matter how badly he plays sums up the Irish set up. It’s significantly harder to get out of the team than in it. Byrne is by no means the messiah but he has qualities that are imperative for a team looking to win a one off game to qualify for a major tournament , far more than McClean, Hendrick and Hourihan, given their sh*t shows the other day.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:12pm
People need to realise that he needs to be playing at Championship level and proving himself there in order for any International manager to really take him seriously. 
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 138>
  Share Topic