You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 1:35pm
Where did that salary figure come from? It does not appear remotely credible. Will Smallbone is on a third of that at a Premiership club, Michael Obafemi on two thirds of it at the same club. Jack has never played at that level and for whatever reasons did not succeed in the lower leagues across the water. He has been outstanding at Shamrock Rovers but I cannot believe that he would be offered a deal like that in Cyprus or anywhere else.
Sponsored Links

footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Terrible career move on the face of it. McCarthy didnt show him all this love in the Irish team. Better of at Shams.

He showed him a lot more love than LOI man Stephen Kenny has so far
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:36pm
I like this move.
He'll either fail and return, find his level and do OK or use it as a platform for something better.
Take your pick but at least it's novel.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Where did that salary figure come from? It does not appear remotely credible. Will Smallbone is on a third of that at a Premiership club, Michael Obafemi on two thirds of it at the same club. Jack has never played at that level and for whatever reasons did not succeed in the lower leagues across the water. He has been outstanding at Shamrock Rovers but I cannot believe that he would be offered a deal like that in Cyprus or anywhere else.

why does it matter if he is on 15k or not he will still be on more than at shamrock rovers which is the only relevant thing surely
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

why wouldn’t he want a move there? Decent football, a manager he knows, a step up from where he’s at now, probably double or triple his salary and it’s a chance to experience a new language and culture for a young player.

Well its where footballers go to retire and not push themselves to excel... 

Ireland should be choosing the players playing at higher levels. Where i feel Cullen made a good move i don't think this move is on a par with that.

I watched Anderlecht play Genk on TV recently and I'm not too sure if it's a step up from the cypriot league. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 6:28pm
Be really great if we could transfer a few posters off here 😂, jack will do what’s best for jack, but I will pass on some of the experts views on here about Cyprus LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
Best of luck to Byrne but surely he wouldn't be on anywhere near 15K in the Cypriot league? 

I didn't think they'd even pay 10K a week tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
I think it could be a really good move for Jack, akin to Cullen's move to Anderlecht and proves that there is opportunities beyond the UK for Irish footballers.

Jack Byrne is 25 next April, in truth his ceiling to improve much more as a footballer is limited given his age so what do people expect from him? There is no doubt that moving to Cyprus has the potential to make him a better footballer and perhaps help enhance his international prospects, but it's not going to be a case that if he does well Man United or Liverpool are going to come calling is it?

Moving to Apoel was a no brainer and I wish him every success. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:05pm
They lost today. Mixed bag of a start for Mick. Beaten by a newly promoted team. Thats W2 D1 L2
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I think it could be a really good move for Jack, akin to Cullen's move to Anderlecht and proves that there is opportunities beyond the UK for Irish footballers.

Jack Byrne is 25 next April, in truth his ceiling to improve much more as a footballer is limited given his age so what do people expect from him? There is no doubt that moving to Cyprus has the potential to make him a better footballer and perhaps help enhance his international prospects. 

It was hard enough trying to get Kenny to play him for Ireland, when he was playing here. Do you honestly see him heading off to Cyprus during a pandemic, to see if Bryne is still up to it or not?
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:11pm
maybe he will make use of the new wonder technology of video
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Jack Byrne is 25 next April, in truth his ceiling to improve much more as a footballer is limited given his age so what do people expect from him? There is no doubt that moving to Cyprus has the potential to make him a better footballer and perhaps help enhance his international prospects. 

It was hard enough trying to get Kenny to play him for Ireland, when he was playing here. Do you honestly see him heading off to Cyprus during a pandemic, to see if Bryne is still up to it or not?

And rightly so, he was playing with a club that would be at best be on a par with a lower League 1 club which shouldn't warrant game time with Ireland in a competitive game imo. (Something he actually managed to do)

Why would he need to go to Cyprus? Every professional club records their games, Kenny will get sent recordings and work alongside the Irish analysis team to cut recordings involving Byrne of the good and bad, it's all rather simple and straight forward to lets not make it out to be some big deal.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Cyrpus league has money, wouldnt be surprised as he was offered 6k to stay at Shams and LOI is well behind Cyrpus in terms of UEFA coeficant.
A LOI team offering a player 6k a week in the middle of a pandemic? LOL

Some of the delusions on this thread are excellent, but that's not going to be beaten.LOL
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:14pm
Nothing funny about it, Rovers sponsors where putting up 50% of the money. 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 28 Dec 2020 at 9:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:22pm

Nothing funny about it, Rovers sponsors where putting up 50% of the money. 
So a LOI team, with 1500 odd season ticket holders , and no idea when anyone will be allowed back in, wanted to pay a player 3k a week from their own money? It's either bullsh*t or complete stupidity,  both of which are funny.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:34pm
Its truth, but sure you belive what you want if it makes you feel better.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 28 Dec 2020 at 9:35pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 9:41pm

Its truth, but sure you belive what you want if it makes you feel better.
I hope it is true! Those ****s going bust would certainly make me feel better.LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:00pm
That 6k figure is accurate. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 138>
  Share Topic