Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 3:16pm
Looks like he's going to have his contract terminated and could be off to the MLS according to Dan McDonnell on Twitter.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Looks like he's going to have his contract terminated and could be off to the MLS according to Dan McDonnell on Twitter.

MLS would be in the new year, no?
Wonder what the immediate future holds.
Big monent for the lad.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

MLS would be in the new year, no?
Wonder what the immediate future holds.
Big monent for the lad.

Yeah the club hes being linked with aren't to be admitted to the league until the new season in Feb/Mar 2022.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 7:10pm
Would it not have made more sense to terminate the contract before the European window closed if that's what they're going to do. Could have taken a short term contract for a few months somewhere to keep active. His options this side of January are presumably much more limited now.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 7:15pm
Not a chance hes terminating a 2 year contract on €5/6k a week unless they're paying close to that in compensation.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm

They're not the first club to get rid of him though
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 2:46am
Kenny's Kids saying he's turned down the offer and is going to sit on his contract for now. Easy money and a few more months training in the autumn sun in Cyprus for him if that's the case. Maybe assess his options again in 2022. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not a chance hes terminating a 2 year contract on €5/6k a week unless they're paying close to that in compensation.

You can double that weekly figure !!! 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:31pm
Not in the squad today under their new manager anyway.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not in the squad today under their new manager anyway.

It's OK, they'll have a new manager next week that might play him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:43pm
Has officially left APOEL. Where is there a transfer window open for him this time of year? Might be as well to soak up the last month of good weather in Cyprus with his payoff and then get himself back fit ahead of a potential move in January.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Has officially left APOEL. Where is there a transfer window open for him this time of year? Might be as well to soak up the last month of good weather in Cyprus with his payoff and then get himself back fit ahead of a potential move in January.

If he's unattached, surely he can join a club at any time? The last thing Jack needs is a holiday!
Idah Dream!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:03pm

Free agents don't need to wait for a window. So Byrne and Brady can join any team whenever.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Free agents don't need to wait for a window. So Byrne and Brady can join any team whenever.

Indeed, you would think they'd get a f**king jiggle on too!
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:08pm
MLS season starts in February so they’ll bring him in at Christmas time, I’d imagine he’ll be back training with Rovers until then without officially signing for them 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:12pm

Technically they do for some countries. Can't join a LOI team because he wasn't a free agent before the window closed. Could be the same in a few places.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Technically they do for some countries. Can't join a LOI team because he wasn't a free agent before the window closed. Could be the same in a few places.

This is the same for all countries where the transfer window closed on August 31st. He has very limited options at the moment. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:47pm
What a shambles of a move that was
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 138>
  Share Topic