You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:18am
OK now I think we should call up Wes Big smile
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 1:51pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 2:13pm
wouldn't be that much out of the ordinary. I don't remember Mick giving him that much time in the green jersey if he supposedly loved him so much.
I love beer gardens
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 6:02pm
Jack Byrne the man the myth.....like a modern day Wes Hoolahan and will probably be in his 30's too like Wes before he gets a run of games for Ireland

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 6:51pm
Needs to make progress soon if he's to follow the career of Wes. He's 25 now, at 25 Hoolahan was a regular in the Championship and kicked on again from there. Byrne with a lot still to prove.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 9:04pm
Well yeah Hooly had a very good club career but as regards Ireland he was always the great white hope that never quite materialised with 40 odd caps most of which came at the end of his career .......Jack Byrne isn't even close that club career , he'll never be a player
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Needs to make progress soon if he's to follow the career of Wes. He's 25 now, at 25 Hoolahan was a regular in the Championship and kicked on again from there. Byrne with a lot still to prove.

Wes at 40 is still better than Jack Byrne at 25... says it all really

Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 6:07am
Anyone know if Jack Byrne is back playing football at all?
If so does it look like he's central to Apoel's plans for the coming season?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Anyone know if Jack Byrne is back playing football at all?
If so does it look like he's central to Apoel's plans for the coming season?

He's played pre season games. His first since surgery on his back. Season starts in next week or so. Time will tell whether his part of the manager's plans.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:29am
Trying to figure out how he fared in pre season minutes but Livescore don't show the player minutes for those games. There were friendlies on 15, 20, 23, 27 and 29 July. I searched his name on Twitter and I'm almost sure he played 45 minutes in every one of those games. That's fairly positive. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 4:35pm
From Twitter.

No Jack Byrne in the APOEL Nicosia line up today for the pre-season friendly against AEK Larnaca. Just one start in six friendly outings so far for the Dubliner this summer. Important for him to get minutes during this pre-season.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 4:55pm
Not looking great for him so. If he hasn't worked his way to a single start in six friendlies and then is not in the squad either the manager doesn't see as part of the team of he's injured again.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 4:59pm
legs are gone
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:05pm
FFS its preseason! Hes been getting 45mins in games. Does it matter which half of them hes starting LOL

Edited by Bandwagon - 07 Aug 2021 at 5:06pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

FFS its preseason! Hes been getting 45mins in games. Does it matter which half of them hes starting LOL

This. Christ. Everyone knows that it's common practice to give lads a half in pre season games. People will put a spin on absolutely anything once it suits their agenda. 

He might not be in the Manager's plans once the season comes about. But this is not evidence that he presently isn't. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 07 Aug 2021 at 6:25pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 6:24pm
https://twitter.com/RepTracker/status/1424054318169210894?s=20

And, just like that, Jack Byrne comes on at half time for 45minutes........
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:32am
You're right, in fairness I had a brain fart when I read Horsebox saying he had one start in six friendlies I processed that as only getting time in one of the six games.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 10:59am
He's definitely gotten decent enough game time preseason but there's next to nearly no info on how he's been playing. Jack was so consistently good to great with Rovers. But the risk a player like him runs is if form drops he's one of the first for the chop. 

When you look at number 10s or deep lying playmakers nowadays there's definitely more energy and (in broad terms) defensive aspects to their game. Jack is somewhat a bit old school and traditional in that he just wants to be given the ball so he can do his stuff.

He's not lazy but let's be honest, he's not the type player you can rely on to win the ball back. Not from laze, just ability to do it. Tackling definitely isn't his forte. 

While he's swatted away the nay sayers when it comes to his move to Cyprus, it's very hard to shift that ominous feeling that this isn't going to pan out. Apoel are such a skittish club. The manager could be gone before Christmas and suddenly everything will be up in the air.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 138>
  Share Topic