You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
Fails to make it past half time again today for APOEL.
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Fails to make it past half time again today for APOEL.
To be fair Apoel made 5 substitutions at half time.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Well documented that Rovers got Byrne into the best nick of his career to date. There isn't an issue there
Course they did, all in top nick in tallaght, loi lads are all clean living fitness freaks.LOL. away out of that .
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:38am
can he move again in the summer? 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:16am
Yes, and I expect he will.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 1:44pm
Cardiff, maybe-only Mick's contract expires in the summer there, unless they offer him a new one.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Cardiff, maybe-only Mick's contract expires in the summer there, unless they offer him a new one.

Cant see Cardiff taking the risk to be honest, even if mick is there.

I wish Byrne well but he's simply not the answer to the problems ireland have at the moment, if fact, he'd probably just make them worse.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Cant see Cardiff taking the risk to be honest, even if mick is there.

I wish Byrne well but he's simply not the answer to the problems ireland have at the moment, if fact, he'd probably just make them worse.

What's the risk? His wages and transfer fee would probably be at the lower end of the scale relative to their average transfer. 

The assumption is Jack would only be going there IF Mick was staying. If Mick does well up to the Summer, gets a 2 year contract, can't see Cardiff vetoing Mick's (low risk) decision. If anything, Mick going in for Byrne again would surely highlight what he thinks of Jack.

Anyway, pie in the sky. As said, good chance neither will be at Cardiff come June.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:27pm

He's not good enough for Cardiff if we're being honest. Somewhere like Rochdale under BBM or Goodwin at St. Mirren would probably be a better fit. Neither are big clubs but he'd be playing for teams that suit his style in divisions that are weak enough that he could have a positive impact and maybe even be a standout player.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's not good enough for Cardiff if we're being honest. Somewhere like Rochdale under BBM or Goodwin at St. Mirren would probably be a better fit. Neither are big clubs but he'd be playing for teams that suit his style in divisions that are weak enough that he could have a positive impact and maybe even be a standout player.
"...if we're being honest." No need to impose your views on everyone else. And maybe give him a chance to prove himself on his second stint outside of the league of Ireland. 

It's far to soon to conclude whether he is good enough or bad enough for any level at present. But that won't stop people jumping in with the two feet. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 4:11pm
Not even on the bench for today’s game
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

He was injured in the game at the weekend. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Muscle injury.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:45pm
Is he still injured?

Not in today's squad.

Edited by horsebox - 24 Feb 2021 at 7:26pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 6:52pm
Was still injured at the weekend, but was supposedly "a couple of days away" from training. Could be that there are some rules around Cup games. They seem to have weird rules about player ineligibility around rearranged games, so unless there's something similar...

....Actually, just saw that there other transfer Joe Garner played, so must be down to an injury then.

Edited by Banjaxed - 24 Feb 2021 at 7:08pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:40pm
Still injured? Not in the squad today either and not a cup game.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:28am
Out until june
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:28am
Undergoing surgery today for some disc something or other injury. Out for 3 months. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 138>
  Share Topic