You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 138>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

It's mad to think of the money spilling about Cyprus, fairly big TV money (for its size), yet you go on Twitter, and Apoel, one if the biggest clubs in Cypriot history playing a derby match today, and you can barely find any chatter about it....even during the match. From fans or opposition fans.

Compare to what you'd see on Twitter in a similar yet cash starved LOI match. Would love to see the potential of the league with decent money pumped in.

have you checked Twitter in Greek or Turkish ?LOL
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

It's mad to think of the money spilling about Cyprus, fairly big TV money (for its size), yet you go on Twitter, and Apoel, one if the biggest clubs in Cypriot history playing a derby match today, and you can barely find any chatter about it....even during the match. From fans or opposition fans.

Compare to what you'd see on Twitter in a similar yet cash starved LOI match. Would love to see the potential of the league with decent money pumped in.

have you checked Twitter in Greek or Turkish ?LOL

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 10:42am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

has called Conor McGregor a national icon on twitter 

I’m done 

He is. (I don't like the UFC). Go abroad and meet someone under 30 and ask them about Ireland, they'll likely only now one Irish man and it's not Shane Long.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

I’m done 

He is. (I don't like the UFC). Go abroad and meet someone under 30 and ask them about Ireland, they'll likely only now one Irish man and it's not Shane Long.
An icon doesn't just mean being famous. Ted Bundy, for example, isn't a national icon in the States.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m done 

An icon doesn't just mean being famous. Ted Bundy, for example, isn't a national icon in the States.

Ted Bundy is famous for murdering people. What an utterly absurd analogy.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:24am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m done 

Ted Bundy is famous for murdering people. What an utterly absurd analogy.
And raping them. Anyway, well done on completely missing the point.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:26pm
can’t forgive conor mcgregor fro wrapping the tricolour around Drake
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:27pm

I’m done 

Got this in a bar in Amsterdam last October was wearing an Irish rugby jersey and Turkish lads started shouting I love Conor McGregor enthusiastically in our direction. 😂

It is a fact I’m no fan of him but for a year or two he was one of the most box office sports stars on the planet.

Edited by kevin100 - 25 Jan 2021 at 12:28pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I’m done 

Got this in a bar in Amsterdam last October was wearing an Irish rugby jersey and Turkish lads started shouting I love Conor McGregor enthusiastically in our direction. 😂

It is a fact I’m no fan of him but for a year or two he was one of the most box office sports stars on the planet.
That’s what you deserve when wearing a rugby jerseyWinkLOL
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I’m done 

+1

Edited by ripbomb - 25 Jan 2021 at 2:02pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:25pm
To the outside world, particularly fight fans, mcgregor is iconic. 
You also can't blame them for thinking that he is the pride of Ireland when you see the type of support that he brings to his fights.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

I’m done 

True true. 😂😂😂😂😂 
October 2019 to be precise not “last October” was Rugby World Cup season 😂
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 9:48pm

I’m done 

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:36pm
Starts today against Limassol. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:39pm
Hooked at half time.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
☹️
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:47pm
Subbed at half time. Watched the first half. Apollon are League leaders in fairness and dominated possession, so that pretty much rendered Jack to chasing shadows. He showed some nice touches, but watching Apoel, similar to Ireland they look like a team who have just adopted a new passing style of play. An awkwardness about their play especially when they're playing out from the back, giving the ball away a lot and the old legacy of the ball lumped out of defence when under pressure.

The front three for Apoel also seem to have Zero movement. more than once Jack was in a position to play a incisive pass and the front men seem to just stand there. 

Definitely nothing to write home about with Byrne's performance, will be interesting to see how the team progresses few weeks down the road.

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:04pm

Subbed at half time. Watched the first half. Apollon are League leaders in fairness and dominated possession, so that pretty much rendered Jack to chasing shadows. He showed some nice touches, but watching Apoel, similar to Ireland they look like a team who have just adopted a new passing style of play. An awkwardness about their play especially when they're playing out from the back, giving the ball away a lot and the old legacy of the ball lumped out of defence when under pressure.

The front three for Apoel also seem to have Zero movement. more than once Jack was in a position to play a incisive pass and the front men seem to just stand there. 

Definitely nothing to write home about with Byrne's performance, will be interesting to see how the team progresses few weeks down the road.

Just wondering where do you watch the games in Cyprus . 
Hopefully it works out well for Jack . I’ve been to a few Cypriot league games years ago and I enjoyed it 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 138>
  Share Topic