You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 2:18pm
Will Jack Byrne turn into the new Scott Hogan or Seanie Maguire? When they didn't get picked or play they were the answer to all the teams ills, then when they did play, they were discarded as not good enough. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Sponsored Links

OysterCatcher View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OysterCatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 6:06pm
if, and when, Jack  Byrne gets his chance I'd bet he will make more of an impression that Seani Maguire( who had 1 great season at Cork). I don't even remember your man hogan playing for Ireland, which probably tells its own story.
The bigger question is whether Kenny will have the stones to start Byrne in a game, as its kennys bravery that is now more in question than Byrnes ability. 
Far easier for him to persist with the neutral, pointless midfield of hourihane, mccarthy, hendrick, brady etc..

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm
Got a bad dose from the sounds of it. Hopefully no long term effects.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Got a bad dose from the sounds of it. Hopefully no long term effects.
Proof that it spreads in the pubs.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 3:19pm
LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:49pm
Right, the last page tidied up lads Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Right, the last page tidied up lads Thumbs Up
Proper Order...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 12:33pm
Showed what an intelligent player he was with that pass, get's Hendrick sent off and he has a place for Wednesday 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 12:34pm
In his 10 minutes he showed some glimpses that he is good enough, would have liked to see him play more to judge it better. Hopefully that will be addressed on Wednesday
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Showed what an intelligent player he was with that pass, get's Hendrick sent off and he has a place for Wednesday 

😂😂😂. To be fair youd a lot of smartarses sticking the boot into Byrne for that pass. Byrne also created 2 chances in the short time he was on more then any of the other dimwits created out together. I’d give him a run. What worries me is Kenny said Hendrick was playing well last night I hope he was only joking?

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Nov 2020 at 1:04pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

😂😂😂. To be fair youd a lot of smartarses sticking the boot into Byrne for that pass. Byrne also created 2 chances in the short time he was on more then any of the other dimwits created out together. I’d give him a run. What worries me is Kenny said Hendrick was playing well last night I hope he was only joking?

He brought on Hourihane also, which worried me more. What has he seen since taking over that made him think that Hourihane was going to come on and affect the game? 

Byrne maybe untested but surely Byrne coming on at when Hourihane did would have made a lot more sense. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He brought on Hourihane also, which worried me more. What has he seen since taking over that made him think that Hourihane was going to come on and affect the game? 

Byrne maybe untested but surely Byrne coming on at when Hourihane did would have made a lot more sense. 

Hourihane is only an asset against a team that basically is far inferior then you and makes no effort to put pressure on the ball. You see this for Villa too last year against bottom half sides Villa dominated the ball against them and Hourihane without pressure being applied was a huge asset. No coincidence his best game wa Bulgaria he was very good against Bulgaria the one team we have played that did as much just set off us. 

If a team puts pressure on the ball then he doesn’t want it/gets run over. Against the minnows 5th/6th seeds now or even sides like Cyprus Estonia Kazakhstan the weaker 4th seed sides teams that will sit off you if you go to outplay them he would be a huge asset for his set piece and ability on the ball. 

Byrne and even Knight showed ability to play out of tight spaces that the rest of them haven’t shown they are comfortable on the ball. There was always calls for Hoolahan despite having the likes of Whelan Andrew’s Gibson McCarthy playing PL/higher level then him for the same reason Hoolahans ability on the ball which was something we lacked. 

I could stretch myself to understand previous managers not playing Hoolahan unless we needed to win as they didn’t want to play a passing style I genuinely can’t to understand Kenny not using Byrne Cullen Molumby lads who are better on the ball then the lads he’s picking more often as he’s a manager that actually wants to play passing/possession football. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 1:30pm
Deserves his chance, would like to see him start Wednesday night
Some people just deserve a slap
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:22pm
As a LOI fan I have seen the magic plane fly many a player across the Irish sea and into a national side on a return ticket soon after. 

As they say, if you are good enough then it shouldn't matter who or where you play. That's true, but make no mistake it is a very good indicator. 

The lad obviously has talent so Im really interested to see where he ends up at the end of the season. If he is as good as Shamrock fans say he is then there should be a host of clubs looking for signature at the end of his contract in a few weeks. 

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:26pm
Created 2 chances witht the few mins he got. Has to start against Bulgaria. Kenny has nothing to lose at this stage.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:26pm
While not knowing his situation his path seems to be the same of many an Ireland player, loads of potential, had some set backs and the penny finally drops and he gets his head and game together and makes a good career for themselves. 

Hopefully Wednesday is another step on the up for him Thumbs Up
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:08pm
Which is why I've always hated the... Why is he playing in League of Ireland sh!te that comes out of people. 

People are allowed to fail in life. Equally, people are allowed to redeem themselves, just as Jack hss been trying to do for the last 2 years.

2 years ago he was sitting depressed on a Kilmarnock subs bench. Now he's playing competitive matches for his country. His story should be  celebrated and shown to every young player who feels they've missed the boat. Your past actions as a player don't define your future potential. So small minded to think otherwise. I think Jack's unfolding story is a joy to witness.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:39pm
Liked the way he was demanding the ball as soon as he got on too.
Given all of the injuries and suspensions and our need to just bloody score, I would definitely be looking for him to start on Wednesday. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 138>
  Share Topic