Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Being a nice game of football. This is a fairly highly rated Milan side.

Are they?  Even Jeff Hendrick turned them down
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Being a nice game of football. This is a fairly highly rated Milan side.

Are they?  Even Jeff Hendrick turned them down

I don’t think they’d have much for hendrick.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:49pm
I've only caught the last 20 minutes but Byrne has looked really good. Comfortable in tight spaces and has the ability to see and hit a pass. I know there's a tendency for people to big up players who aren't in the team but I liked that trio of him, Cullen and Browne against Bulgaria as much as any three I have seen in a while for us. Would be curious to see two of them with Brady personally! Some challenge by Lopes there as well
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What's the story with Byrne? Bit of a homebird?

Loves the pubs here

Ffs LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:00pm
Byrne always wanting the ball. Never shied away. 

That is a difference. Irish midfielders tend to treat the ball like a hot potato 

Edited by McG - 17 Sep 2020 at 9:10pm
AS YOU WERE McGx

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
Should be an option in the squad. Too many Irish players are cut from the same cloth. When you're chasing a game I don't see the point in bringing on Browne for Hendrick (for example). 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

McAneff has been pants
He has tried to get stuck in at least. The gap between the two sides has to be taken into consideration.

Ive been a biit disappointed in himself and burke. Watts has played well since he came on. Nice player.

Burke is a good technical footballer and he showed a few nice touches, but he's always going to struggle against good sides like Milan due to his complete lack of athleticism. I'd contrast him to someone like Greene who's a far inferior footballer but actually gave a good account of himself tonight due to his physicality and pace.

Byrne was undoubtedly the best Rovers player on display, he didn't look out of place at all against a good European side which is a big compliment to him.

On a more negative side I was pretty unimpressed with Farrugia and McEneff, I tbought they might be capable of a bit more but they both struggled.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:04pm
McEneff is usually very good but was poor tonight. Farrugia has more to offer. He big and athletic and will be a good player for Rovers in the next while i think. He reminds me of McClean when he first came on the scene.

Edited by doherty - 17 Sep 2020 at 10:04pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:09pm
He should be in the squad, he is the most creative midfielder that we have available to us at the moment. The system Kenny is trying to play requires a link man who can get on the ball and pick a pass. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He should be in the squad, he is the most creative midfielder that we have available to us at the moment. The system Kenny is trying to play requires a link man who can get on the ball and pick a pass. 

It’s blindingly obvious isn’t it??  people were calling Idah out of his depth but the reality is he was too isolated from the midfield/with the lack of a 10/link Mcgoldrick was dropping into his own half to recieve the ball within minutes of coming on which told you all you need to know.

Is Byrne a League Of Ireland player a League 1 Championship Top Flight player who knows I don’t but Byrne looks in first gear on the ball weather it’s Bohs Ac Milan Bulgaria it looks effortless to him it looked like all too much of an effort to a lot of our lads in the games a few weeks ago. Of course some of that is down to playing a different way for Ireland to what they have been asked for god knows how long.

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Sep 2020 at 11:32pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:11am

McEneff is usually very good but was poor tonight. Farrugia has more to offer. He big and athletic and will be a good player for Rovers in the next while i think. He reminds me of McClean when he first came on the scene.

He's been Rovers' best midfielder since the restart but agree on his performance last night. Farrugia never looks confident, he's a better player than he's showing.

Apart from about 15/20 minutes in the middle of the 2nd half, Byrne played well. Gave away the ball a bit, but that's to be expected with creative players. He has a quick turn of pace with the ball over the first 5-10 yards but lacked the overall pace to carry the ball forward as much as he wanted to.

Definitely capable of playing at a higher level. Like most, I'd like to see him play in Europe somewhere again, rather than slogging it out in L1 or lower level of the Championship.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
2 goals and another man of the match award. I know Dundalk played the 2nd tean but still. He can only do what he can do.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
Kenny there to watch him too

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:36pm
Would he make championship grade?
AS YOU WERE McGx

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:38pm
His second goal was very good. Think he should stay away from thr championship if he can, would love to see him back in Europe where his style is suited imo.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:39pm
Id like to see him play with Rovers for another while. If not i think he would be better off going to a team like he did before in Holland or somewhere similar. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:45pm
Yeah another season with Rovers wpupd do him no harm at all.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:45pm
Will get time against Slovakia 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 138>
  Share Topic