Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm
What I am saying is that he's found his level.

He is a technically good player. But for me he doesn't do enough work on or off the ball for him to succeed at a higher level.

A club in the UK may come in for him, but it will be up to Jack himself to work his way into the team and not the other way around which is what you are insinuating.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:40pm
He's better for playing in Europe next year than going to a small club like Sunderland.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He is a technically good player. But for me he doesn't do enough work on or off the ball for him to succeed at a higher level.

A club in the UK may come in for him, but it will be up to Jack himself to work his way into the team and not the other way around which is what you are insinuating.

Take Burnley for example they play with a two man midfield and play some of the most direct football in the whole of England.

Just a random example here, but do you think a player like Modric or Xavi would flourish more at Burnley or at a club like Bournemouth? Another extreme, where would Niall Quinn or Peter Crouch have thrived more? Burnley or Bournemouth?

Why should a player jump at the first sign of interest from a club that doesn't play anywhere to their strengths? Why not hold out for a club that suits your style.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 1:46pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Take Burnley for example they play with a two man midfield and play some of the most direct football in the whole of England.

Just a random example here, but do you think a player like Modric or Xavi would flourish more at Burnley or at a club like Bournemouth? Another extreme, where would Niall Quinn or Peter Crouch have thrived more? Burnley or Bournemouth?

Why should a player jump at the first sign of interest from a club that doesn't play anywhere to their strengths? Why not hold out for a club that suits your style.

Don't know.
You could ask Jack Byrne, he's done it 7 times.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
But he's played with 3 sides that do suit his style and done well as a result.

Lets not ignore the facts.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:50pm
Jack needs to be very careful with his next move, he is too good for the League of Ireland and I would be very surprised if he was still at Rovers this time next year. If he was still playing with Rovers by the time Kenny takes over though he would probably get into the Ireland squad and possibly play games under Kenny, whereas if he goes to England in January and fails then you'd wonder what is in store for him next.

A move to the continent probably would suit him better but 99% of the time our players will end up in the UK so not expecting Jack to be any different. Hard to know what club he would be suited to, if it is a club battling relegation then they will be reluctant to give someone like Jack a game, if it is one of the top teams it will be hard to break into the team (like Richie Towell when he went to Brighton).
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:03pm

Strange that he's played for 7 clubs at the age of 23 and none of them suited him.

Cambuur and Rovers seemed to suit him pretty well. As did Oldham until their new manager decided to banish him.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:19pm

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He undoubtedly can play at a higher level. He's better off at Rovers than in League 1 or 2 though. 

Agreed fully,

We do love dismissing creative footballers in this country but laud the plodders and the lads who can run more than most.

I’m not sure about that. There is definitely doubt, otherwise he wouldn’t be in the LOI.  I’m not sure any manager is going to put him in a big game when he has only done it in the LOI and a training game against Bulgaria, no matter how poor the options are.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm
Done very well in the European games for Shamrock Rovers also tbf.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:32pm

When we play mid-table Norwegian teams he will get a run.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

When we play mid-table Norwegian teams he will get a run.

Hmmm because Apollon or Brann wouldn't be considered a higher calibre of opposition than lets say Gibraltar no?

Georgia are made out to be a lot better on here than they actually are also.

They do have some technically good players for sure, yet if a game was tailormade for a few technically gifted players from our side this campaign it was last Saturday. 

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:45pm
But the point remains. Byrne is playing at a low level and managers aren’t going to trust that. There have been players who have stood out far more in the LOI and got fewer call ups. Whether that is right or wrong can be questioned, but I doubt any manager would play him while he is at Shams, Kenny included.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:06pm
Fairly sure he left City on his own accord to try get first team football. It obviously back fired
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:20pm
Well he was hardly ever likely to break through at the richest club in the world was he? So he kind of had to leave.
We're decent enough..
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:21pm

That must have been written by Territorial.  Its longer than War and Peace that.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

http://www.the42.ie/jack-byrne-jackie-mother-shamrock-rovers-4875481-Nov2019/?utm_source=shortlink

Good read with Jack and his Mother.

That must have been written by Territorial.  Its longer than War and Peace that.
Nonsense! Wikipedia pages weren’t quoted in full or any words underlined for no apparent reason!

It’s a great piece but you can kind of see where his problems might be from reading it!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

http://www.the42.ie/jack-byrne-jackie-mother-shamrock-rovers-4875481-Nov2019/?utm_source=shortlink

Good read with Jack and his Mother.

Nonsense! Wikipedia pages weren’t quoted in full or any words underlined for no apparent reason!

It’s a great piece but you can kind of see where his problems might be from reading it!

Fond of the sauce?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 138>
  Share Topic