Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 138>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would have started him...if we were away to Bray.

On the slots or poker machines ?

No. On a whistle whetting pint of vodka. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:18pm
Lookin at the state of that pitch, don’t think we’ll see much passing stuff tonight anyway.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:19pm
Apparently he told Mick he didn't wan to be considered for selection as he wanted to stay home and concentrate on his drinking
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Lookin at the state of that pitch, don’t think we’ll see much passing stuff tonight anyway.
He is passing stuff now? I thought it was just the booze he had a problem with!
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Two years ago people were going mad that Maguire wasn't starting, that's quickly past. Byrne is good but he still has a lot to do. 

I'd easily play maguire ahead of Scott f**king Hogan Dead 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:52pm
Some load of sh*t posted on this thread,man of match again tonight.Glen Whelan national hero, fact.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by good luck charm 2019 good luck charm 2019 wrote:

Jack Byrne needs to get out the eircom league quick. He is never going to develop as a player playing in the eircom league . He is 23 now so he isn't that young anymore.

He needs to get a transfer to a championship club the next transfer window, or at the latest next summer, otherwise he will find himself in the international wilderness.

Byrne has a lot of talent . I think he has more talent than wes hoolohan and could end as a play maker for a lower level premier league team, but time is running out for him to fulfil his potential.

Like Daryl Horgan, Graham Burke etc. Forget championship, he will just get lost again, he be better off heading to the continent where his skill and technical ability be more appreciated. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:54am
holland, Denmark, Portugal, Greece:
Could be right for him 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Didiseyebrows View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Didiseyebrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 5:35am

Jack Byrne needs to get out the eircom league quick. He is never going to develop as a player playing in the eircom league . He is 23 now so he isn't that young anymore.

It was 2008 when it was last the "Eircom League " ffs.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 11:25am

He needs to get a transfer to a championship club the next transfer window, or at the latest next summer, otherwise he will find himself in the international wilderness.

Byrne has a lot of talent . I think he has more talent than wes hoolohan and could end as a play maker for a lower level premier league team, but time is running out for him to fulfil his potential.

Considering we have several players well into their 30's, Byrne has plenty of time to make his mark at international level. 

But when there is a safety first coach with just one remit i.e. get results now, Byrne will struggle to make an impact for this side, or indeed any English club, at any age. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:21pm
He'd move back across the water only the pubs are much better craic here.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:28pm
Byrne would be fine in the UK provided he joined a club that suits his game, Burnley for obvious reason's wouldn't but a club like Fulham who try to dominate possession would.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:09pm
Strange that he's played for 7 clubs at the age of 23 and none of them suited him.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Strange that he's played for 7 clubs at the age of 23 and none of them suited him.

Man City underage set up suited, Cambuur suited, Shamrock Rovers currently suits his style but yeah sure we'll just say the 7 clubs didn't suit him for the sake of it.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:22pm
Correct.

How did the Man City underage suit him? they shipped him out because he was never going to make it at City (like many others).

He's been dropping down the leagues and now he's back home playing the LOI.

I've watched him many times at Rovers and he has never been the best player in the team, let alone the match.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Correct.

How did the Man City underage suit him? they shipped him out because he was never going to make it at City (like many others).

He's been dropping down the leagues and now he's back home playing the LOI.

I've watched him many times at Rovers and he has never been the best player in the team, let alone the match.

Confused

Eh, because they played a brand of football suited to his style of play and as a result he done well but was never going to be good enough to make their first team along with 99% of kids who come through their academy.

Are you honestly trying to compare playing underage with Man City to making their first team.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 1:31pm

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:36pm
He undoubtedly can play at a higher level. He's better off at Rovers than in League 1 or 2 though. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He undoubtedly can play at a higher level. He's better off at Rovers than in League 1 or 2 though. 

Agreed fully,

We do love dismissing creative footballers in this country but laud the plodders and the lads who can run more than most.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 138>
  Share Topic