You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 138>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Here Fr. Matthew, why don't you f**k off the Richard Keogh thread if the issue exercises you so much?

Alright TC. 

No I was told he doesn't drink - and the comment is about JB so it will stay on the JB thread.
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

JB on off the ball. 

Came across really well actually. 

He did admit to drinking though - be funny to see lads defend him now when he said it himself LOL

Did he?

I listened to it and he said he had a few drinks after the game. He didn't say pints or indicate alcoholic drinks.

Well I was firmly told he doesn't drink and called a clown amongst things on another thread. 

Now the player himself has in fact said he does drink, just find it funny. 

You know him drinking the tanora and the likes on his social media Wink
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

JB on off the ball. 

Came across really well actually. 

He did admit to drinking though - be funny to see lads defend him now when he said it himself LOL

Did he?

I listened to it and he said he had a few drinks after the game. He didn't say pints or indicate alcoholic drinks.

Well I was firmly told he doesn't drink and called a clown amongst things on another thread. 

Now the player himself has in fact said he does drink, just find it funny. 

You know him drinking the tanora and the likes on his social media Wink

No he doesn't say that, that's my point.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 1:58pm
Just glad Jack was able to clear the air.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
Very good interview. Great story about the night Whelan scored in Croker. Also, thought he highlighted the loneliness aspect very well. Very interesting comments he made on the player vs person aspect. in that he was thinking he should only invite people to visit if he was playing, without thinking they'd just want to meet up with him, rather than watch him play.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Very good interview. Great story about the night Whelan scored in Croker. Also, thought he highlighted the loneliness aspect very well. Very interesting comments he made on the player vs person aspect. in that he was thinking he should only invite people to visit if he was playing, without thinking they'd just want to meet up with him, rather than watch him play.

He was very honest about things. It's an all too common a theme of people wrapping up their career or talent in themselvea as the individual. And identifying themselves as such. It's only ever going to end one way. He comes across as somebody who was genuinely learnt from his experiences. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:01pm
He was slurring his words shurrr
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:01pm
Good listen, honest, happy to see him doing so well at rovers
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:24pm
Dyche will be at the Cup final to scout Jack

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:53pm
Can't really see why Dyche would be scouting a 28 year old right back with the first touch of Carlton Palmer.... Byrne wouldn't exactly strike you as a Burnley type player either, so I wouldn't hold out much hope.
We're decent enough..
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:55pm
very very harsh on Sean Gannon ,
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Can't really see why Dyche would be scouting a 28 year old right back with the first touch of Carlton Palmer.... Byrne wouldn't exactly strike you as a Burnley type player either, so I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Christ - Gannon is quality. 

However, I would agree on the age front - bit late.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:13pm
Burnley could probably sign both of them for under a €1,000,000 and if they loan both out especially Byrne they could probably flip their money on him.

Relatively little to no risk signing players from the LOI, small wages, small fees and players would take little to no time adapting etc

Dyche could well be moving on squad players like Kevin Long, Bardo etc and looking for cheaper alternatives to fill holes in the squad.

Edited by Green Devil - 08 Oct 2019 at 3:15pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:40pm

Byrne wouldn't exactly strike you as a Burnley type player either, so I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Stefan Defour-esque 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:01pm
AlwAys thought Massey would get a shot in the UK rather then gannon
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:51pm

Christ - Gannon is quality. 

However, I would agree on the age front - bit late.

Decent athlete, poor footballer. Along with Gartland, he was Dundalk's clearest weak-link in terms of implementing their passing style against better sides during their Europa League run. His first touch and distribution leave a lot to be desired.
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 6:22am
Jack should have been brought on last night.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 12:20pm
agree 100%
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 138>
  Share Topic