Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 138>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:29pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:35am
Delighted for him. Has moved himself up the pecking order. Mick obviously worries about his positional sense and or tracking back abilities so won’t play him as a central midfielder but more as a N.10.
Expect he is heading for the Wes role, i.e. not trusted to start in big games against tougher opposition (and then fans giving out that he didn’t start if we lose anyway)

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Sep 2019 at 12:36am
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:16am
Are we expecting that he'll probably move after the LOI season in the winter window?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:28am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The decision to have Judge as prominent as he is must be to do with his form before the injury. He also is quite good with the deadball, and has contributed during the campaign.

I’d be interested to see if Kenny would be as willing to keep him in the squad, especially if he is still playing in League 1.

31 in November.
This is his one and only shot. Can’t see Kenny being interested.

Sadly, I think Judge will never get back to the form during that period before the Euros. Injury and age being the main factors.

You can argue that Byrne is equally as good at set-piece deliveries. However, while Hourihane is on the pitch, he will take them all, which I have no issue with. 

Byrne showed enough glimpses that he should be included in the next squad. But unless he gets some minutes against Georgia, he won't play any part in the final 2 games of this campaign, and will have to bide his time for Kenny to become manager.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:41am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Lads, he won't get another move. He's destined to stay in the Eircom league. 

Attitude is sh*te and doesn't have the ability. Good cameo tonight. Rovers level standard. 

We will never bring on a pub league player in a competitive competition and that's just the harsh truth. 

More chance of seeing a few 21s.

Good WUMMING
Linzark
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:51am
To be fair. I would have questioned his attitude. Ability wise no problem. Must have moved ahead of some players even with a 20 minute appearance.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

To be fair. I would have questioned his attitude. Ability wise no problem. Must have moved ahead of some players even with a 20 minute appearance.
Definitely justified his place in the squad, nobody can say it was a token jesture to promote the airtricity league. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:37am
I can't imagine any other Irish player making the pass to Enda that he did. Not to say another player didn't have the ability to, but I don't think another Irish play would have had the courage to make that pass.

He offers a skill set and forward focused mindset that literally no other player has. He should definitely be on the bench next month. Would be neglect on Mick's part to not even have that option. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I can't imagine any other Irish player making the pass to Enda that he did. Not to say another player didn't have the ability to, but I don't think another Irish play would have had the courage to make that pass.

He offers a skill set and forward focused mindset that literally no other player has. He should definitely be on the bench next month. Would be neglect on Mick's part to not even have that option. 

The thing is, I feel Mick knows his options, or certainly the options he has made for himself. I’ve been interested reading the reactions to Judge and Hogan. Both have been prominent “options” since McCarthy took over and neither really did themselves huge favours, including Hogan missing the target from a yard out. Ironically, it was another one of McCarthy’s realistic options that tapped home. Notwithstanding, I still feel McCarthy will run with them. Cullen has staked a good claim, but if McCarthy has a good month at Palace, he may also get the nod, as an elder statesman.

This is where Byrne comes in. Having him sit on the bench, without using him makes as much difference as not having him there. But last night he showed talent, as like Cullen will hopefully encourage
McCarthy to best faith in him.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:45am
listen when he came on to the field he looked a class above any of the players really. always looking forward, making little turns when he receives the ball. that ball to stevens was class, no way any of our players would complete that. the corner, when was the last time one of our players placed it on a head of a defender like that? in fact when was the last time one of our corners cleared the first man? took a shot from outside the box looking to score. i hope he stays with Shams next season and continues his good form and makes as much of an impact as Mick will allow.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:48am

Was some pass, but Steven's cross was probably even better, and its not being talked about much.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:50am
Great to see him play so well last night. But look its a freindly agaisnt bulgaria. Lets see him in a competitive match. Give him a look in at Georgia at some stage and lets see
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:56am

Byrnes cameo couldn't have gone much better for him. He won't have played himself into contention for a starting place but he might have made a case to feature as an impact sub if we are losing and need a creative spark. 
El Puto Amo
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was some pass, but Steven's cross was probably even better, and its not being talked about much.

Totally agree. But the Byrne pass was so crucial in the passage of play, and it's getting the warranted plaudits as it's type of pass that you just haven't seen in recent times. 

But it's that imagination that unlocks defences. Would be nice to know in the last 20 minutes we have that and a Shane duffy bullet as options.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:16am
Byrne has absolutely put his hand up. If we are chasing a winner over in Tbilisi he'd be a great man to spring from the bench totbry and open up the defence. 
Touts Out!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Byrne has absolutely put his hand up. If we are chasing a winner over in Tbilisi he'd be a great man to spring from the bench totbry and open up the defence. 

My concern with this is that a draw is now probably perceived to be not a terrible result in Georgia. There definitely will be an element of playing it safe in Tbilisi if it is level with 15 minutes to go.

I'm not saying it is wrong or right but if Mick takes off Whelan for Byrne with 15 to go and he gives it away and we lose 1-0, Mick is going to be blamed more than Byrne, and a defeat there could totally scupper our chances of qualification.

It is arguably no longer a must win game; it is far closer to a must-not-lose game. Once we get a point there, we will definitely have something to play for against Denmark and there's no doubt Mick will be aware of that and won't want to jeopardise it.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:42pm
anyone in the irish camp now perceiving a draw in tbilisi a decent result should be shown the door. we have to win this game simple.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

My concern with this is that a draw is now probably perceived to be not a terrible result in Georgia. There definitely will be an element of playing it safe in Tbilisi if it is level with 15 minutes to go.

I'm not saying it is wrong or right but if Mick takes off Whelan for Byrne with 15 to go and he gives it away and we lose 1-0, Mick is going to be blamed more than Byrne, and a defeat there could totally scupper our chances of qualification.

It is arguably no longer a must win game; it is far closer to a must-not-lose game. Once we get a point there, we will definitely have something to play for against Denmark and there's no doubt Mick will be aware of that and won't want to jeopardise it.

I don't think we'll be seeing Byrne brought on if it's a 0-0 situation. If anything, Mick would be looking to shore things up. Can only see him being brought on if we are chasing a goal.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 138>
  Share Topic