You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 138>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

not in the u19 squad announced today, strange that

Yeah that is strange.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

he sounds the best under 20 player for ireland.  is there any other guy as good as him?  

There are two irish at Liverpool  McLaughlin and Flanagan, but they are full backs, they seem really good prospects

Sorry to go off topic but Javier, I have a quick query for you. My pal is trying to convince me to go to Argentina for the WC next year. I knows it's in Brazil but that will be way too expensive. I've spent a lot of time in Argentina and love it so the idea is appealing to me.
Do you reckon this will be a good idea? Will you meet me for a pint to discuss the merits of Bielsa vs Martino, Maradona vs Messi, Argentinian women vs Colombian women?  

Sure, he can go to Molly Malone nearby San Telmo quartier(neighbourhood), so you dont feel homesick.  Sad Eire is not gonna make it to Brazil, thanks Trapattoni's abusive panache.  It was the end of the road for him.

Sounds good amigo. I'll buy you a steak in El Desnivel and we can hit Molly Malones.
El Puto Amo
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:24pm

he sounds the best under 20 player for ireland.  is there any other guy as good as him?  

There are two irish at Liverpool  McLaughlin and Flanagan, but they are full backs, they seem really good prospects

Sorry to go off topic but Javier, I have a quick query for you. My pal is trying to convince me to go to Argentina for the WC next year. I knows it's in Brazil but that will be way too expensive. I've spent a lot of time in Argentina and love it so the idea is appealing to me.
Do you reckon this will be a good idea? Will you meet me for a pint to discuss the merits of Bielsa vs Martino, Maradona vs Messi, Argentinian women vs Colombian women?  

Sure, he can go to Molly Malone nearby San Telmo quartier(neighbourhood), so you dont feel homesick.  Sad Eire is not gonna make it to Brazil, thanks Trapattoni's abusive panache.  It was the end of the road for him.

Sounds good amigo. I'll buy you a steak in El Desnivel and we can hit Molly Malones.

McLaughlin from the North and Flanagan is English.

But with the two Byrne's at City and Utd and Lawlor in goal for City, there is some decent talent obviously, lets just home they aren't another Clifford.

JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:30pm

Ok but if go to the WC in Brazil and you will hit down Buenos Aires, before going to Rio or Sao Paulo you have to conquer the vast Patagonia, as Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry did,  you can catch the feeling down there like a pilgrim wandering around a bit as Pope Francis says.  You can charge batteries witj mother nature down there to experience Brazil after
stokes78 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

McLaughlin from the North and Flanagan is English.

But with the two Byrne's at City and Utd and Lawlor in goal for City, there is some decent talent obviously, lets just home they aren't another Clifford.

O hanlon has looked excellent in the few liverpool games Ive seen on tv this season technically looks the best player in the liverpool youth team
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:48pm
Strange he's not in u19...still has a few years at u19 tho
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 10:57pm
yeah he's only 17. But what's strange is he has already played for the U19s twice, in August in a couple of friendlies against Norway. Came on as a sub in the first game and then played the 90 a few days later. Wasn't included in the squad for last month's games against Slovenia so perhaps Doolin decided on his squad for the competitive games after the Slovenia games and just decided that he didnt need Byrne in the squad. Hopefully, that's all it is, never know with Doolin tho....
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:00pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:08pm
Has buckets of ability.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 1:58pm
Only read about this guy the other day. Hopefully hes another McCarthy and not another Clifford!!
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Only read about this guy the other day. Hopefully hes another McCarthy and not another Clifford!!

Agree 100%. I think what happened to Clifford was a real dose of realism to all of us! Hopefully Byrne won't go that way. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 4:39pm
Alas being a top youth and in and around the first team is no indicator of your chances of making it in English football these days bizarre as it may sound and progress is now down to luck as much as anything.  Compare Clifford to two other Chelsea youth's Sinclair and McEachran.  Sinclair went to a Swansea side where people were still scratching their heads at Rodgers appointment as boss and being tipped for relegation.  One year later he's in the Premier League and then off to City.  McEachran has been raved about for a while now and while still only 20 he didn't do much at Swansea and I don't remember any rave reviews last season at Middlesboro.  At Watford he's only played 3 games so far.  Look at Cunningham, rave reviews at City, decent move to Bristol City but now in League 1! 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 5:08pm
Another bit about him here in the Independent 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/exclusive-patrick-vieira-interview-former-arsenal-star-on-englands-struggles-coaching-and-beating-bayern-60-8860005.html

Encouraging to see that the Man City academy is heading down a more local/'home nations' route. As it stands, the current u-19s are from all over the world, so Byrne must have something special to be at the heart of their success. Very competitive environment.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fizzy Orange View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fizzy Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:11pm
  Anyone know how he did tonight?
Fizzy Orange View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fizzy Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:08pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 10:33pm
Another strong performance from Jack: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cska-moscow-1-manchester-city-6229717
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 10:03am
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 12:39pm
Nice highlights. Looks like a neat player. Anybody have any other video footage of Jack in action?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 138>
  Share Topic