FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 138>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:04pm
Delighted for him. He has bags of potential and this will bring him on again.

In saying that, crowley should have been called up first
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Yeah, the bad news is no O’Dowda. Also assuming no Robinson, if he wasn’t called up as replacement.

This could be the jolt that Byrne needs to get hiscareer back on track. Very exciting that McCarthy is willing to fat track him like this 

He might not be training as hard as he was in England but that seems a bit harsh.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:19pm
Delighted for him Clap

I hope his head won't be turned soon by a club acorss the water because I feel it would be far more beneficial for him to stay in the LOI for the full campaign and get just get back to enjoying his football, if the right moves along then fine, if not stay where you are and keep playing matches week in week out.

He's only turning 23 next month, so he has plenty of time on his side.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:19pm
Bolger a better all round player.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

A bit farcical he wasn’t in the 38 man squad. Makes a mockery of that extended squad thing

In fairness, while Mick may have been aware of him he didn't see Jack in the flesh until Friday, and he ran the show. Head and shoulders above everyone else. Very similar player to Crowley actually.

No better man than Mick to hopefully get things ticking again for Byrne. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

A bit farcical he wasn’t in the 38 man squad. Makes a mockery of that extended squad thing

Makes me think Martin O Neill picked the 38 man squad Wink
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:49pm
Sends the right message to lads who are willing to take a money cut and come home to re-launch their careers.

Happy enough with this.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
Would have much preferred to see Conor Coventry promoted from the U21s. 

Very highly regarded at West Ham and has made a number of PL matchday squads this year.  

Or Luca Connell from the U19s - already made nearly as many Championship appearances as Byrne and 5 years younger than him.

Both players we should be making every effort to get included at senior level.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

The worry with Byrne is whether he'll continue his good form, he tends to start  reasonably well but then fade a bit when the going gets tough. Hopefully he has gained to experience to get past that.
Very true. However, he might need some genuine faith being shown in him and we are that desperate for midfielders that a decent performance against Rovers is enough to make him worth a look!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:15pm
The worry with Byrne is whether he'll continue his good form, he tends to start  reasonably well but then fade a bit when the going gets tough. Hopefully he has gained to experience to get past that.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm
Yeah, the bad news is no O’Dowda. Also assuming no Robinson, if he wasn’t called up as replacement.

This could be the jolt that Byrne needs to get hiscareer back on track. Very exciting that McCarthy is willing to fat track him like this 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:58pm
f**k odowda is ruled out
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

He was
Did not realise he was, so was he cut and then drafted back ?
My mistake thought this was a reply to my previous post
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:55pm
Fair play, haven't seen him yet myself but have heard he has been excellent. All LOI games called off next week due to international call ups? Exciting times. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

He was
Did not realise he was, so was he cut and then drafted back ?
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:49pm
He was
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:45pm
Was Mick at the Shams game the other night?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 138>
  Share Topic