FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 138>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 5:19pm
He'd be mad not to go. He's 27 next week. I doubt he's made the money a footballer of his quality should have made. Worst case scenario is he's back in the LOI with a healthier bank balance next year.  
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Wonder how much was the offer, assume it was in the 100-200 thousand range. It says the MLS window closes the 24th so i assume if they are keen they will come back with an improved offer. be a shame to see him gone from the league but i would also like to see him play at a higher level too.

Rovers probably don't need the money, and stand to make more off a possible European run that Jack will play an integral role in. 

Can only see this happening if Jack wants it and pushes for it. He's on record that he loves the club and is settled back here.

In regards to playing at a higher level, whilst that is true of the MLS vs The LOI, I think Kenny is more likely to pick him if he stays local. Look at Conor Ronan - the forgotten man since he moved to Colorado

He's out of contact at the end of the season so Rovers hand may be forced.

What money would he be on at Rovers? 

A significant amount lower than he would get in the MLS.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Wonder how much was the offer, assume it was in the 100-200 thousand range. It says the MLS window closes the 24th so i assume if they are keen they will come back with an improved offer. be a shame to see him gone from the league but i would also like to see him play at a higher level too.

Rovers probably don't need the money, and stand to make more off a possible European run that Jack will play an integral role in. 

Can only see this happening if Jack wants it and pushes for it. He's on record that he loves the club and is settled back here.

In regards to playing at a higher level, whilst that is true of the MLS vs The LOI, I think Kenny is more likely to pick him if he stays local. Look at Conor Ronan - the forgotten man since he moved to Colorado

What money would he be on at Rovers? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Forgot all about that lad

I imagine that'e because he doesn't play for Rangers!

Forgot about LOIs arguably best footballer and most high profile... Some Irish football fanšŸ¤£
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:25pm

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:11pm

Ronan's been called up more recently than Byrne, he was named by Kenny in the squad to face Belgium and Lithuania a year ago, although he failed to make the match day squad both times.
It's been more than two years since Byrne's last appearance against Bulgaria in November 2020.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 4:02pm

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 3:11pm
I love beer gardens
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

I imagine that'e because he doesn't play for Rangers!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 2:21pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 1:16pm
Linked with a move to the MLS today. Could be a good move for him I think.
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 2:42pm
I do hope he gets another chance at maybe League 1/Championship level

I understand his weak point is pace, he would probably do ok in some continental leagues.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 10:35pm

Starting to get back to his best. Was excellent the second half there

The quality of his delivery was top class, every ball was inch perfect.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:41pm
Starting to get back to his best. Was excellent the second half there
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 4:58pm
In his brief games for Ireland I thought he played well. But then he wouldn't get a sniff therafter. He probably should just keep at his club football and hope for the best with Ireland. Currently there are a lot of midfield players ahead of him.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 3:42pm
Heard him on OTB after the Drogheda game on Monday and he said Kenny gave him a buzz last week just saying well done getting back fit and playing etc.. didn't give much more away than that but said it gave him a bit of a lift.

Probably told him he'll be in his thoughts again if he performs to the level he was before the Cyprus move or something along those lines.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 1:15pm
Legs have gone I reckon
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 11:56am
he should be in the squad as an option. he has such class on the ball no one else comes close to his vision
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 138>
  Share Topic