FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 138>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

ah stop he’s hugely important to the whole rovers squad, makes the team tick. I’d have no clue what his wages actually are, but I’d be very very surprised if a player of his calibre settled for 1500 quid a week! Far inferior lads to him would be earning more than that,the likes of Burke and towell, but if he’s on less than 3k he’s got a sh*te agent.

Yeah he's on between 3-4k a week apparently.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 10:25pm
The Charlotte FC manager was a coach at Man City in the academy from 2013-2015 which would have co-incided with Byrne's there.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 10:22pm
ah stop he’s hugely important to the whole rovers squad, makes the team tick. I’d have no clue what his wages actually are, but I’d be very very surprised if a player of his calibre settled for 1500 quid a week! Far inferior lads to him would be earning more than that,the likes of Burke and towell, but if he’s on less than 3k he’s got a sh*te agent.
No Pasaran!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Another “I heard he was on” but I thought he was on closer to €3-4k a week.

Most of his moves haven’t worked out so he needs to be cautious with this one. I actually think he’s been very badly advised at times in his career given the clubs he’s gone to and how the moves have ended up. It’s taken him a season a bit to get back to the sort of form that could see him included in international squads. If the move doesn’t work out again, he may as well say goodbye to any chance of another call up.

Yeah, Charlotte would have all the hallmarks of the APOEL move, he'd be there entirely on the basis of one person at the club wanting him. If that person goes, he'd likely be screwed.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:45pm
Another “I heard he was on” but I thought he was on closer to €3-4k a week.

Most of his moves haven’t worked out so he needs to be cautious with this one. I actually think he’s been very badly advised at times in his career given the clubs he’s gone to and how the moves have ended up. It’s taken him a season a bit to get back to the sort of form that could see him included in international squads. If the move doesn’t work out again, he may as well say goodbye to any chance of another call up.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 8:43pm
Gamble was also getting paid in cash from the ticket sales on the night of a home game, from what I heard from a source within the club. He was on €5000ish a week apparently.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 8:39pm
Different circumstances and good few years ago now but wasn’t Joe Gamble on silly bucks at Cork? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 8:23pm
I did say mine was a guess. I would have thought 1500 would be close to the highest earners at the top clubs. Most teams id imagine the majority of players are in the 600 to 1000 range. Would Shams be able to pay him 3 grand a week? Be great money if so.
I love beer gardens
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 7:51pm
here come all rovers accountants LOL Not one of you know what he gets ffsLOL
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 7:51pm
would be very disappointed if this panned out. A league of questionable quality and no chance at european football
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Wonder how much was the offer, assume it was in the 100-200 thousand range. It says the MLS window closes the 24th so i assume if they are keen they will come back with an improved offer. be a shame to see him gone from the league but i would also like to see him play at a higher level too.

Rovers probably don't need the money, and stand to make more off a possible European run that Jack will play an integral role in. 

Can only see this happening if Jack wants it and pushes for it. He's on record that he loves the club and is settled back here.

In regards to playing at a higher level, whilst that is true of the MLS vs The LOI, I think Kenny is more likely to pick him if he stays local. Look at Conor Ronan - the forgotten man since he moved to Colorado

He's out of contact at the end of the season so Rovers hand may be forced.

What money would he be on at Rovers? 

Bound to be over a grand anyway. Somewhere in the region of 1000-1500 a week? That's what i would guess. Somewhere in between. When i say id like to see him play at a higher level its as much for himself than anything. I love watching him in the league but hes well capable of playing a level above. Would like to see a move work for him the way Shams has been good for him.

Really? Maybe my compass is off here but that seems incredibly low for arguably the leagues best player.

Any improvement on that 2,3 fold and you’d have to go. 

From what I heard it was closer to 3K , if he hadn’t have gone to APOEL the deal on the table was nearer to 6k 
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 7:38pm

Not enough in the pot to sit back. Take the dollars kid.

I'd have to agree, take the money for the next five years, sock some away.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 7:05pm
A grand a week LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:42pm
Not enough in the pot to sit back. Take the dollars kid.
AS YOU WERE McGx

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:34pm
150k a year at Rvs 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:28pm

Wonder how much was the offer, assume it was in the 100-200 thousand range. It says the MLS window closes the 24th so i assume if they are keen they will come back with an improved offer. be a shame to see him gone from the league but i would also like to see him play at a higher level too.

Rovers probably don't need the money, and stand to make more off a possible European run that Jack will play an integral role in. 

Can only see this happening if Jack wants it and pushes for it. He's on record that he loves the club and is settled back here.

In regards to playing at a higher level, whilst that is true of the MLS vs The LOI, I think Kenny is more likely to pick him if he stays local. Look at Conor Ronan - the forgotten man since he moved to Colorado

Bound to be over a grand anyway. Somewhere in the region of 1000-1500 a week? That's what i would guess. Somewhere in between. When i say id like to see him play at a higher level its as much for himself than anything. I love watching him in the league but hes well capable of playing a level above. Would like to see a move work for him the way Shams has been good for him.

Really? Maybe my compass is off here but that seems incredibly low for arguably the leagues best player.

He's on well over 100K a year - not monumental money for a short career but pretty decent.
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:16pm

AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 5:54pm

Edited by doherty - 19 Apr 2023 at 5:55pm
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 138>
  Share Topic