FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Byrne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 138>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack Byrne
    Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 10:12pm

No sign of him sulking tonight anyway. He was fully committed and played well
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

it would be a big mistake for Jack to join the American version of sporting fingal

Bradley said hes going nowhere before the match tonight.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 6:06pm
it would be a big mistake for Jack to join the American version of sporting fingal
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Rovers turning down a €450k bid according to Dan McDonnell. Risky move considering he can go for free in the Autumn, but the stand to make more of a good European run. Nice to see an Irish team a bit of balls in a negotiation 

I always found some of these transfers funny. Why wud Charlotte bother paying that money when they cud just get him for nothing in November. Makes no real sense. Maybe its small money for them. 

they probably think he can make a difference to them this season. their season is over in november.

I get that theory but in a lot of cases the player isnt going to make an immediate huge impact unless were talking the cream of the crop at the very highest level. Clubs do it all the time in transfer windows. Waste tens of millions. Just goes to show a lot of these clubs have more money than sense.
Sure why sign anyone so 

Im really talking about players with their contracts running out in the last year type scenario.
I love beer gardens
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 9:33am
It's quite simple imo.

Rovers not in great form this season and will need every thing to go right for them to qualify for the conference league - this would obviously include holding on to your best player.

Even winning a couple of rounds in Europe will earn them as much this proposed transfer.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 8:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Byrne is understood to have had discussions with Rovers chiefs after a first bid was made, where it was acknowledged that a transfer to Charlotte could be granted before their window closes on Monday provided they submitted an offer in the region of €500,000.

That Rovers then rejected such a bid, with their view that progress in European competition this summer would be worth considerably more, is believed to have left the player frustrated.

Very brave from Rovers 

Isn't it about time that LOI clubs played hard ball with their players and not let them go for an absolute pittance. 
Even though 500k is massive amount for a LOI club,

Some of the fees for mediocre players are unbelievable. 
I commend them for holding out for the fee 100% but that’s not really the point of the above 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 8:21am

Byrne is understood to have had discussions with Rovers chiefs after a first bid was made, where it was acknowledged that a transfer to Charlotte could be granted before their window closes on Monday provided they submitted an offer in the region of €500,000.

That Rovers then rejected such a bid, with their view that progress in European competition this summer would be worth considerably more, is believed to have left the player frustrated.

Very brave from Rovers 

Isn't it about time that LOI clubs played hard ball with their players and not let them go for an absolute pittance. 
Even though 500k is massive amount for a LOI club,

Some of the fees for mediocre players are unbelievable. 

Edited by horsebox - 21 Apr 2023 at 8:21am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 7:46am

Rovers turning down a €450k bid according to Dan McDonnell. Risky move considering he can go for free in the Autumn, but the stand to make more of a good European run. Nice to see an Irish team a bit of balls in a negotiation 

I always found some of these transfers funny. Why wud Charlotte bother paying that money when they cud just get him for nothing in November. Makes no real sense. Maybe its small money for them. 

they probably think he can make a difference to them this season. their season is over in november.

I get that theory but in a lot of cases the player isnt going to make an immediate huge impact unless were talking the cream of the crop at the very highest level. Clubs do it all the time in transfer windows. Waste tens of millions. Just goes to show a lot of these clubs have more money than sense.
Sure why sign anyone so 

Edited by 9fingers - 21 Apr 2023 at 8:30am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 7:45am

Very brave from Rovers 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 9:44pm

I love beer gardens
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 9:29pm

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 9:26pm

I love beer gardens
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 9:17pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

A trans Atlantic signing ?

LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Are they allowed play in the MLS?
The dark side.. And the light
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 8:09am
He is the exact type of player that we will need for the greece match. Would be great to have him on the bench for that one
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 7:56am
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 2:02am
I did some research on Charlotte Fc and the salaries the players are getting and what Byrne could possibly expect to get.  

In conclusions
They have a player called Ben Bender and that's as far as I got
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 138>
  Share Topic