You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:45pm
For 2 or 3 years

Bobby Charlton didn't come out and say mourinho wouldn't get it for the good of his health

Charlton had a big say in fergie getting the job

You can trot out former players names all you like

None of them are giggs

Some former players make good managers some dont

Fergie knows better than anyone whether giggs could do it or not- time will tell

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 06 May 2013 at 7:45pm
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:02pm
Mourinho is just a name I put out there as an example.

I would put my house on the fact that Giggs will not get the job.

United is a billion dollar business and the board are not going to hand that over to somebody with no experience no matter what player it is or was.

There is not a shred of evidence that Giggs could do the job either.

Also Fergie makes mistakes too!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:06pm
Who do you think will get it?

Barcelona is a billion dollar business too

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:11pm
No idea! but it's too early to call it as Fergie won't step down for a number of years.

Guardialo could be a good shout if he does well with Bayern.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:48pm
Not a hope in hell moyes or giggs will be next united manager.

Giggs maybe down the line alright
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:50pm
What we all know is; Ferguson doesn't like to talk about the subject. But any time he has been asked by journalists he has stated and confirmed on a few occasions that the man who follows him must have experience, big experience, European experience.

What we also know for a fact is that United have confirmed that Sir Alex will stay on at the club post retirement and will become a director at the club. He will have a huge say - possibly THE biggest say - on who will replace him.

Sir Bobby Charlton has no say - now acting in an ambassadorial role - on who will be the next United manager. I know he has gone on record as saying he 'doesn't see Mourinho here'....but he never ruled anything out, and really has no clue who it will be. 

Considering Fergie is likely to be retiring in the next three years, there are three obvious candidates for the job...1)Jose Mourinho, 2)Jurgen Klopp and 3)Pep Guardiola.

I would love it to be Mourinho, I think Mourinho wins big trophies everywhere he has gone and always gets to the latter stages in the Champions League. However, the fact that Ferguson seems very willing to welcome the Special One back to Chelsea this summer tells me that Mourinho is not the man he and Ed Woodward have in mind to replace him.

I tipped Jurgen Klopp for the Liverpool job here before Roy Hodsgon got it a few years ago and a few lads laughed at that, One Liverpool fan in particlular. It was obvious to me Klopp had something special in his second year at Borussia - and he will be considered a managerial great - I've never had any doubt about that. Ferguson seems like a big fan of Klopp and loves the way Borussia play. But I just don't see him coming to United - some other lucky club will pick him up before Fergie retires, though he does seem stern that he will not leave Borussia.

Pep Guardiola - not my favourite by any means - seems to be the man who will replace Fergie. I say this because he ticks all of the boxes Fergie has mentioned in the few times he spoke about his successor. He is of the perfect age too. He - definitely - met with Sir Alex just before Christmas in New York...a couple of weeks later, Guardiola spoke to a sport's journalist for the first time in 8 months and said "I will manage in the Premier League in the future". 24-hours later, Munich confirmed him - out of the blue - as their next manager. Guardiola was only too keen to say he would manage in teh Prem at some stage, just before he knew Bayern were announcing him as their gaffer. Always rang as strange to me that, especially considering Fergie met with him just before all of this. I wouldn't be surprised at all if his path has already been laid out for him. Fergie has met him at least twice in the last 8 months....I would think three years at Munich before Fergie retires is all set in stone.

Thsi of course is all just my opinion looking at it as best I can.

But there are only three contenders to follow Fergie.

ANyone talking about Solskjaer/Neville/Giggs are talking through their hole. Are these the same people that would have wanted Hughes/Bruce/Robson to take over if Fergie had have stepped down a decade ago? 

It looks like Guardiola to me - the signs point in that direction!

Edited by Siralex - 06 May 2013 at 8:56pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 8:55pm
Klopp would be the ideal candidate, he just had to get the CL part of his résumé filled in.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:07pm
great post Siralex
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:43pm
Yup, great post.

One point though - what if (and it's an unlikely if), Pep isn't spectacular at Bayern? Or, more to the point, what if he leaves after two or three years and needs more time off to recover from stress? He was always very edgy at Barcelona. I know he said it was a special kind of pressure, but the same pressure would be evident at Bayern and United. Would any massive club be prepared to take a risk on a manager who, although top notch, could only last two years before burning out or needing an extended break? Or what if he fails at Bayern? I know it is unlikely, but planning three years down the line in terms of managerial appointments would be a little unusual. I'd also be surprised if United made that mistake again, especially after they came so close to appointing Sven back in 2002.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:57pm
While Mourinho is a classless gimp Fergie is no angel either and his behaviour at times is shocking. And Utd are a corporation now so problems hiring the portuguese pisspot
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yup, great post.

One point though - what if (and it's an unlikely if), Pep isn't spectacular at Bayern? Or, more to the point, what if he leaves after two or three years and needs more time off to recover from stress? He was always very edgy at Barcelona. I know he said it was a special kind of pressure, but the same pressure would be evident at Bayern and United. Would any massive club be prepared to take a risk on a manager who, although top notch, could only last two years before burning out or needing an extended break? Or what if he fails at Bayern? I know it is unlikely, but planning three years down the line in terms of managerial appointments would be a little unusual. I'd also be surprised if United made that mistake again, especially after they came so close to appointing Sven back in 2002.

Thanks lads;

Well Dave - the reason I don't want Guardiola is for the reason you mentioned. He has always said he would only stay at one club for 3 years...that's not good enough for me. Now, I imagine Fergie has probably addressed that issue when talking to him, but....If he felt stress at Barca in turning them from underachievers in to the best team in the world, how would he feel living in the shadow of the greatest manager of all time?

But - in terms of looking to the future; it's very evident in all United teams over the past decade or two that Ferguson always has his eyes years down the line. Look at the squad he has right now....You can just see how it's going to blossom over the next few years. Always planning ahead. If Fergie plans that way with his teams, you can only imagine, he like everyone else, already has his man in mind for who follows him. It must be planned that way. If he hasn't planned for who he wants to succeed him, I'd be very surprised. I would think - I'd certainly like to think - that he knows when he's going and he knows who he wants to replace him.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:03pm
Siralex I do remember you slaughtering me verbally on here for saying that Guardiola should get it and that Jose should get it.  Surely he is the ultimate in the 3 year project. 

:) 

Edited by Baldrick - 06 May 2013 at 10:04pm
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

While Mourinho is a classless gimp Fergie is no angel either and his behaviour at times is shocking. And Utd are a corporation now so problems hiring the portuguese pisspot

how does the business structure affect who they hire?Confused

Guradiola 25/1 for anyone who wants it
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:08pm
Good to see SA back speaks a lot of sense
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

I would love it to be Mourinho

So would I Thumbs Up

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 11:38am
Speaking to a chap who sits beside me at work this morning who was told by a Chelsea executive at the weekend that Mourinho signed a contract with Chelsea 10 weeks ago. Announcement to be made near end of season.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:11pm
The fact remains that no one knows how long fergie will go on. He may keep extending his retirement out into the future. If Guardiola is a flop at Bayern what then?? Mourinho is the man for the job but who knows if it will ever happen.

For the record if Mourinho takes the chelsea job (almost for certain now) I dont think Fergie will win another title. Mourinho always has outwitted Fergie. Thats assuming Roman keeps his nose out of the running of the team of course.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The fact remains that no one knows how long fergie will go on. He may keep extending his retirement out into the future. If Guardiola is a flop at Bayern what then?? Mourinho is the man for the job but who knows if it will ever happen.

For the record if Mourinho takes the chelsea job (almost for certain now) I dont think Fergie will win another title. Mourinho always has outwitted Fergie. Thats assuming Roman keeps his nose out of the running of the team of course.

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic