You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by reder reder wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

There is not a hope in hell Moyes would get the United job.

He has never won a trophy for a start. Don't get me wrong he is a good manager but until he starts winning trophies he will NEVER be considered.

However as Fergie said himself he will be there for probably another 3 to 5 years.

Two things, firstly I think Sir Alex desperately wants to win the CL again and he will stay on a few years to try and do that. Personally, I hope and think he will fail to do so. The current squad isn't good enough to win it.

As of now, Moyes hasn't got a chance in hell of getting the job due to his lack of silverware, I agree. Managing a club like Everton on a small budget, where finishing top 6 is considered an achievement, is a completely different beast than managing United where finishing 2nd is considered a failure.

Personally, I think Moyes will head off to Germany (Schalke) for a few seasons, adapt to European football and have a real bash at winning silverware before coming back and managing United. 

I think Mourhino and Chelsea are made for each other in terms of character and he will go there. If Liverpool could progress back to the top 4, he would fit in well there too. I think BR might get the boot from Liverpool at the end of the season and Rafa could return.

Please let this happen the chap and Liverpool fans are made for each other. Clap 

He fúcked up Liverpool's best chance of winning the league in '09.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:26pm

He has never won a trophy for a start. Don't get me wrong he is a good manager but until he starts winning trophies he will NEVER be considered.

However as Fergie said himself he will be there for probably another 3 to 5 years.

Two things, firstly I think Sir Alex desperately wants to win the CL again and he will stay on a few years to try and do that. Personally, I hope and think he will fail to do so. The current squad isn't good enough to win it.

As of now, Moyes hasn't got a chance in hell of getting the job due to his lack of silverware, I agree. Managing a club like Everton on a small budget, where finishing top 6 is considered an achievement, is a completely different beast than managing United where finishing 2nd is considered a failure.

Personally, I think Moyes will head off to Germany (Schalke) for a few seasons, adapt to European football and have a real bash at winning silverware before coming back and managing United. 

I think Mourhino and Chelsea are made for each other in terms of character and he will go there. If Liverpool could progress back to the top 4, he would fit in well there too.
Spot on!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I think Mourhino and Chelsea are made for each other in terms of character and he will go there. If Liverpool could progress back to the top 4, he would fit in well there too. I think BR might get the boot from Liverpool at the end of the season and Rafa could return.

Please let this happen the chap and Liverpool fans are made for each other. Clap 

He fúcked up Liverpool's best chance of winning the league in '09.

I disagree with you 100%. No matter what Liverpool would have done, United would have just bettered it.

Edited by horsebox - 06 May 2013 at 5:57pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:59pm
These are the FACTS!!
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:11pm
There isn't a hope in hell Brendan Rodgers will get sacked from Liverpool! 

In regard to Fergie retiring, when he does retire United may have to look for the likes of Moyes because the top managers in world football are always in a job. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:13pm
What are yis on about? Moyes been favourite for years and have always expected it would be him to take over, how can you possibly know their criteria for a new manager?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

In regard to Fergie retiring, when he does retire United may have to look for the likes of Moyes because the top managers in world football are always in a job. 

Confused 

Yeah becuase there's no such thing as buying a manager out of his contract
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Confused 

Yeah becuase there's no such thing as buying a manager out of his contract

Read the post
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:19pm
I'd be absolutely shocked if moyes got it

United ain't looking for a short term manager that rules out plenty of people

Wouldn't surprise me if giggs got it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Why do you think Giggs would get it?

I would love to see him f**k United up
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:25pm
Why not?

He lives and breaths united and has done for decades

He's a winner and has observed first hand how to make such a huge club successful
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:28pm

Why not?

He's a winner and has observed first hand how to make such a huge club successful

Pretty much like Graeme Souness then ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:28pm
A look back at some former United players who went into management would be enough for the board not to make Giggs as manager.

It's too big a risk.

Whoever the next manager will be will have to have Ferguson's blessing.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Why not?

Pretty much like Graeme Souness then ?

And guardiola
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:30pm

Would be great if he did a Souness alright.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:31pm

A look back at some former United players who went into management would be enough for the board not to make Giggs as manager.

It's too big a risk.

Did any of them manage united?

You could argue for and against any possible manager

It's just my opinion I haven't a clue who it will be but I think it's funny how some people seem to think giggs hasn't a hope- the bookies think otherwise
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:33pm

Why do you think Giggs would get it?

I would love to see him f**k United up

I would rephrase that mate.

Who's wife would get it off Giggs if he replaced Fergie.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:40pm

It's too big a risk.

Did any of them manage united?

You could argue for and against any possible manager

It's just my opinion I haven't a clue who it will be but I think it's funny how some people seem to think giggs hasn't a hope- the bookies think otherwise

Just because he lives and breathes United doesn't make him qualified to manage the team.
Robson, Keane, Hughes were great United players that failed at management.

You say 'You could argue that against any possible manager' - I wouldn't agree with that at all.

Say for instance Mourinho got the job - he has a proven track record on delivering trophies with different teams and would be a safe appointment.

You could nearly be guaranteed that if Mourinho got the job that he would deliver silverware.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic