You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mourhino to Utd: Should Fergie step step aside?
    Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:31am
With it looking like Mourhino will take over at Chelsea, surely that will block the chance if him moving to Utd when Fergie leaves. Mourhino appeared to be the perfect replacement for Fergie when Fergie decides to retire or move upstairs. So the question is, should Fergie already do this now for the greater good of the club and allow Utd to get their main replacement target?
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:34am
If I was United I would be eyeing Guardiola in a few years.  Great manager and we are only going to see what a great job he did at Barca over the next year or so.  All those people who said anybody could manage that club showed once again that they did not have a clue about the game. 
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:38am
United don't want the eye gouging gimp by all accounts
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:47am
I believe it's the last thing Bobby Charlton wants.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:01pm
Moyes cut to 1/2 to be new United manager!Shocked
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

2/1 still in stan james, no firm as short as 1/2 but two odds on, pep 20/1 surely worth a euro or two
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:17pm

Marketing stunt. If there was serious money in a market like this, Moyes would be 1/10 ( And serious in manager markets is about a 5er). But that wont stop Paddy Power being name checked all over the airwaves today. And no foubt theres plenty of odds against available.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Marketing stunt. If there was serious money in a market like this, Moyes would be 1/10 ( And serious in manager markets is about a 5er). But that wont stop Paddy Power being name checked all over the airwaves today. And no foubt theres plenty of odds against available.

been following this market for a few years, all firms have drastically cut moyes since the last time I checked it and pep and jose have drifted like mad

at mine min odds being offered are 4/7, 10/11, 6/4 and 2's

bookies on SSN often say one well known face with a £50 bet will affect the whole market based on past experiences of that person being in the know, albeit a bit harder with united as has been so long
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:38pm
Fergie should'nt and wont step a side. Dont think they will give the job to mourinho anyway. I agree with above that Guardiola is the main target for his replacement. I think fergie will keep going untill Guardiola's contract is up at Bayern in 3 years. By that stage Bayern could be Europe's best team by a distance
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:52pm
There is not a hope in hell Moyes would get the United job.

He has never won a trophy for a start. Don't get me wrong he is a good manager but until he starts winning trophies he will NEVER be considered.

And there's a big difference between being a good manager and being able to deliver a trophy.

Mourinho, Guardiala and Ancelotti would be 3 managers in with a shout at this present moment.

However as Fergie said himself he will be there for probably another 3 to 5 years.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

been following this market for a few years, all firms have drastically cut moyes since the last time I checked it and pep and jose have drifted like mad

at mine min odds being offered are 4/7, 10/11, 6/4 and 2's

bookies on SSN often say one well known face with a £50 bet will affect the whole market based on past experiences of that person being in the know, albeit a bit harder with united as has been so long

Ever heard of a bookies horseWink Dont take everything you see from a bookies at fave value
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 1:17pm
just reporting the odds kerrzy, never said anything more than what they are and their history!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 1:24pm
Would rather United waited 3 years and brought in Pep. As for Moyes good manager but I feel the likes Everton, Spurs etc.. would be his level so that's an obvious no from me.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 3:35pm
was just chatting to mate of mine from manchester rumour over there is moyes will step down as everton manager at end of season and join utd as assistant manager
mrs broonies bhoys View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs broonies bhoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Would rather United waited 3 years and brought in Pep. As for Moyes good manager but I feel the likes Everton, Spurs etc.. would be his level so that's an obvious no from me.
all the best managers in
the   world will be queuing up outside OT when fergie goes
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 3:52pm
I hear Moyes is being lined up for the Shamrock job over the summer
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He has never won a trophy for a start. Don't get me wrong he is a good manager but until he starts winning trophies he will NEVER be considered.

And there's a big difference between being a good manager and being able to deliver a trophy.

Mourinho, Guardiala and Ancelotti would be 3 managers in with a shout at this present moment.

However as Fergie said himself he will be there for probably another 3 to 5 years.

none of them would be in it for the long haul though, could only see any of them taking the job for a few years

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
reder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Two things, firstly I think Sir Alex desperately wants to win the CL again and he will stay on a few years to try and do that. Personally, I hope and think he will fail to do so. The current squad isn't good enough to win it.

As of now, Moyes hasn't got a chance in hell of getting the job due to his lack of silverware, I agree. Managing a club like Everton on a small budget, where finishing top 6 is considered an achievement, is a completely different beast than managing United where finishing 2nd is considered a failure.

Personally, I think Moyes will head off to Germany (Schalke) for a few seasons, adapt to European football and have a real bash at winning silverware before coming back and managing United. 

I think Mourhino and Chelsea are made for each other in terms of character and he will go there. If Liverpool could progress back to the top 4, he would fit in well there too.

Edited by reder - 06 May 2013 at 5:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic