You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southampton thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 67>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Old Roker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Wanyama's still only a boy, Southampton coulda been another stepping stone for him and playing better teams week in week out rather than the odd big game in Scotland and (hopefully) the CL again this season.  Playing in the EPL woulda brought him on without question and he'd have got his "big" move sooner rather than later and he will continue to improve, the kid can be anything he wants, but if he stays at Celtic a bit longer, great for us.

Cardiff have also agreed a fee.
The Roker Roar will never die
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Big Vic, is being advised by his agent's to reject any move to an English due to high tax rates!

In fairness, he should stay at Celtic for one more season and continue to mature and improve, then move to a top club. No disrespect to the likes of Southampton or Cardiff, but this is a guy who according to many in the media wouldn't have looked out of place in the Barca side when Celtic played them. I'm not saying he is Barca quality, but he certainly has huge potential.

No disrespect to Celtic (for once) but he won't go anywhere playing mickeymouse teams week in week out, a few (potential) champions league games don't make up for that
id rather be playing a champions league match a Celtic park than some souless library like st marys or old trafford,will be a great bit of business by Celtic when he sold,rather see him goin to the bundesliga,better league ,fans and crowds than the English and Welsh premier cash league
You've never been to St Mary's then....Ground isn't the best but the fans do generate a good atmosphere.I hear the atmosphere at Parkhead is far from special at league games this year
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Big Vic, is being advised by his agent's to reject any move to an English due to high tax rates!

In fairness, he should stay at Celtic for one more season and continue to mature and improve, then move to a top club. No disrespect to the likes of Southampton or Cardiff, but this is a guy who according to many in the media wouldn't have looked out of place in the Barca side when Celtic played them. I'm not saying he is Barca quality, but he certainly has huge potential.

No disrespect to Celtic (for once) but he won't go anywhere playing mickeymouse teams week in week out, a few (potential) champions league games don't make up for that
id rather be playing a champions league match a Celtic park than some souless library like st marys or old trafford,will be a great bit of business by Celtic when he sold,rather see him goin to the bundesliga,better league ,fans and crowds than the English and Welsh premier cash league

You've never been to St Mary's then....Ground isn't the best but the fans do generate a good atmosphere.I hear the atmosphere at Parkhead is far from special at league games this year

ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 9:58pm
Big Vic off to Cardiff?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:36am
Originally posted by ftm ftm wrote:

Big Vic off to Cardiff?
Best of luck to him if he is. Would have liked to see him as a Saint but the whole scenario is starting to put me off him.
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:49am
the agent is looking to make £1m from the. Deal
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

a united fan trying to sl*g the atmosphere at celtic ,I've heard it all now FFS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

a united fan trying to sl*g the atmosphere at celtic ,I've heard it all now FFS
eeehh is that remark meant for me?Because I'm a Saints fan!
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:12pm
Which remark by whom?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:28pm

Which remark by whom?
'a united fan trying to sl*g the atmosphere at celtic ,I've heard it all now FFS'
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:32pm

Which remark by whom?

'a united fan trying to sl*g the atmosphere at celtic ,I've heard it all now FFS'
hardly unless you are United fan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:41pm
Think you have confused yourself and have confused meLOL My main point is don't call St Mary's a soulless library unless you've been there!!Stadium mightn't look the best but there's usually a good atmosphere generatedThumbs Up
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:41pm

LOL

If you were in his position would you honestly turn down united to stay at celtic?

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

LOL

If you were in his position would you honestly turn down united to stay at celtic?

yes,just like Larsson did
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 6:43pm
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:47pm
Just been watching Le Tiss score 2 quality goals on premiership years v the skunks
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by ftm ftm wrote:

Just been watching Le Tiss score 2 quality goals on premiership years v the skunks
93/94??Two ridiculous goals!!
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:53pm
yup
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 67>
  Share Topic