You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southampton thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 7:42pm
A Saints mate of mine read it on a Soton fans forum.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 7:43pm
we have been pretty quiet so far....few rumours going around but it seems like little genuine activity...it's only June yet though, no need to panicLOL
Dear Old Roker View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Old Roker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 9:14am
Saints have signed Craoatian defender Dejan Luvren.
The Roker Roar will never die
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 3:24pm
Sounds like a good signing!!I wonder will that mean There is no place for Forren despite spending 4mil on him
Marley+ View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Sounds like a good signing!!I wonder will that mean There is no place for Forren despite spending 4mil on him

Do you think the Saints will get Victor Wanyama given that they have agreed a £10 mill fee with the Bhoys for him ?
Vaux View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 11:50am
Sounds like big Vic is not going to St Marys.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Vaux Vaux wrote:

Yeah it's a pity, I'd say Mauricio has something else lined up. With been heavily linked with Naingollan. Supposed to be very good 

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 12:10pm

Yeah it's a pity, I'd say Mauricio has something else lined up. With been heavily linked with Naingollan. Supposed to be very good 

Couldn't agree personal terms apparently. Big Vic is now looking towards Cardiff.

Big mistake by him and his agent imo.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Couldn't agree personal terms apparently. Big Vic is now looking towards Cardiff.

Big mistake by him and his agent imo.
I believe Cortese is a very difficult man to deal with in negotiations. Hopefully we get one of them. With Schneiderlin and Cork as well we will have a very impressive midfield
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 1:12pm
Big Vic, is being advised by his agent's to reject any move to an English due to high tax rates!

In fairness, he should stay at Celtic for one more season and continue to mature and improve, then move to a top club. No disrespect to the likes of Southampton or Cardiff, but this is a guy who according to many in the media wouldn't have looked out of place in the Barca side when Celtic played them. I'm not saying he is Barca quality, but he certainly has huge potential.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 1:33pm
Errr... the taxes are the same in Scotland, no?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Errr... the taxes are the same in Scotland, no?

His agent's don't want him staying in Scotland either, my point is he has been linked with numerous clubs around Europe and they want him out of the UK.

Basically Big Vic is on a decent sized contract at Celtic, for which he was very happy with when he first signed. His agent's don't see the point in moving to England on bigger wages, but still getting taxed very high.

Edited by Green Devil - 24 Jun 2013 at 1:39pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Big Vic, is being advised by his agent's to reject any move to an English due to high tax rates!

In fairness, he should stay at Celtic for one more season and continue to mature and improve, then move to a top club. No disrespect to the likes of Southampton or Cardiff, but this is a guy who according to many in the media wouldn't have looked out of place in the Barca side when Celtic played them. I'm not saying he is Barca quality, but he certainly has huge potential.

No disrespect to Celtic (for once) but he won't go anywhere playing mickeymouse teams week in week out, a few (potential) champions league games don't make up for that
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

No disrespect to Celtic (for once) but he won't go anywhere playing mickeymouse teams week in week out, a few (potential) champions league games don't make up for that

It sure as hell proved moving to Celtic was a great move for him, any Celtic fan will tell you that from when he signed a few seasons back to the player he has become now. 

jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 2:26pm

id rather be playing a champions league match a Celtic park than some souless library like st marys or old trafford,will be a great bit of business by Celtic when he sold,rather see him goin to the bundesliga,better league ,fans and crowds than the English and Welsh premier cash league
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 3:55pm

It sure as hell proved moving to Celtic was a great move for him, any Celtic fan will tell you that from when he signed a few seasons back to the player he has become now. 

not arguing that, just don't agree staying put would be his best option, good luck to him anyway, couldn't give a flying f**k what happens to him if he's openly going to where ever pays the most
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 4:28pm
Think its clear he just doesn't fancy Southampton.
10-12m will be accepted though, and i think he will move to the EPL this summer. Probably holding out for a better club to come in for him.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2013 at 4:43pm

Wanyama's still only a boy, Southampton coulda been another stepping stone for him and playing better teams week in week out rather than the odd big game in Scotland and (hopefully) the CL again this season.  Playing in the EPL woulda brought him on without question and he'd have got his "big" move sooner rather than later and he will continue to improve, the kid can be anything he wants, but if he stays at Celtic a bit longer, great for us.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 67>
  Share Topic