You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southampton thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 7:29am
Victor Wanyama is a guest on Goals on Sunday this morning.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 5:48am

He should be careful what he wishes for. Embarrassed 

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 25, has reiterated his desire to play for a "big club", with Arsenal set to renew their interest in the France international. (Daily Mirror) 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:00am

If Spurs want to sign Jay Rodriguez from Southampton, they’re going to have to throw in Harry Kane or Andros Townsend as part of the deal, according to the Daily Mail.

Rodriguez hasn’t played since April due to a serious knee injury but that hasn’t put former boss Mauricio Pochettino off in his quest to bring the striker to Tottenham.

Southampton are willing to offer him a new five-year-contract, as he only has 18 months left on his current deal and they don’t want to face the possibility of losing him for free.

Pochettino is willing to let Townsend go but would prefer to keep Kane who has been in rather prolific form this season, scoring 15 goals from 14 starts for club and country. Koeman would make similar demands should Spurs continue to pursue Morgan Schneiderlin.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:06pm
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 1:48pm
At the start of the season I argued against everyone who said Southampton would go down, because they clearly still had a decent side after the acquisitions. They've definitely done better than I expected, HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure they will not be in the top 4 come the end of January, and before the Villa match I had a bet that they wouldn't finish in the top 6. They have an atrociaous run coming up, it's very much like spurs a few years ago when they thought they'd win the league because they had an easy run of games at the start of the season. The problem with a lot of football fans and pundits is that they are very reactionary and rarely see the bigger picture, it's only now that Southampton have drawn and lost in their past two matches that people are looking at their fixtures and realising what's going on!

Maybe I should've waited until the Arsenal match on Wednesday before posting this Pinch
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:00am

SAINTS aim to end a near three-decade long wait for a league victory at Arsenal tonight.

The last time the club tasted victory in a top flight clash at the Gunners was when Danny Wallace scored in November 1987. 

Maybe the Saints can create a bit of history tonight.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 7:25am

Dutch rivals keep it strictly business

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal will cross swords with fellow Dutchman and his former assistant Ronald Koeman on Monday – but both managers have declared their personal relationship to be "private".

Koeman, now Southampton manager, worked under Van Gaal at Barcelona but the pair fell out when they were at Ajax in 2004, when Koeman was coach and Van Gaal the technical director.

They shake hands on meeting now, according to Koeman, but Van Gaal referred to his former protege as “weak” in his autobiography and the closeness they once had never returned.

Van Gaal described Koeman as “a very good coach” but refused to talk about their relationship since the falling-out.

The United manager said: “I don’t have to describe my relationship with the trainer of the opponent... that’s more private. We play against Southampton and we have to speak about Southampton not speak about the coach.”

Koeman took a similar line, saying: “The game is Southampton v Manchester Untied and the game needs that attention and not the attention about both managers because that’s private.

“That was a working problem and I have to explain like that. It’s not an issue because it is eight or nine years ago and now I prefer to talk about the game.”

Asked about the relationship now, Koeman added: “Good. If we see each other we shake hands and that’s enough. He’s a great coach. He needs time, he will get the time of the club.”

United can go third if they beat Southampton, who are a point ahead of them in the table, and then face Liverpool but Van Gaal disputed suggestions the match against their Merseyside rivals was more important. He also believes the Saints can still be in the Champions League places at the end of the season.

Van Gaal said: “Southampton play better at this time and have more points at this moment than Liverpool so I think it’s good that we have to play Southampton now.”

Van Gaal also responded angrily to reports that he will be handed £100m or more to bring in new players. He added: “I think it’s disgusting always writing about numbers. I don’t think United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said anything about that, I don’t think I have said anything about that.

“It is disrespectful to my players and I don’t like to talk about it. I have to work with the selection I have and I have respect for my selection and I believe in my players.”

Wayne Rooney will be fit. The United skipper had a scan on Thursday to examine a possible knee problem but has been given the all-clear.

However record signing Angel di Maria will not be ready.

Southampton’s midfield options are becoming stretched at just the wrong time, with Jack Cork facing at least six weeks on the sidelines. The 25-year-old will not play again this year after sustaining ankle ligament damage in the Wednesday’s late 1-0 defeat at Arsenal.

© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 5:50am
@ thebronze14 how do you see the game going tonight?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 8:32pm

1 1 Shane Long did well in the build up to the goal.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 1:42am

"We will sell nobody in January," said an adamant Koeman.

"Morgan's [Schneiderlin] attitude is fantastic - everybody knows that he had a difficult time in the summer, but finally he accepted his situation and he's doing his best and looking forward to returning to playing."

The Dutchman added: "If everybody's available we don't need somebody.

"But we will lose two players in January to different tournaments: Mane will go to the African [Nations] Cup and Yoshida will go to the Asian tournament.

"That means two players less - maybe for that we need some players, but we have to talk about that inside and make decisions.

"But I think we need one or two players."

And the 51-year-old admitted his side’s targets for the season have been adjusted after three straight Premier League defeats.

"Okay we're always trying for the maximum, but we have to understand our situation,” he added.

"We have to be realistic, and maybe that's the target for this season

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 9:27am
Should get back to winning ways tomorrow
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Just hope the Bronze enjoys himself at the Turf , well not the rusult Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Thanks Claret....Alderweireld back will make a big difference!I've been to around 25 Southampton games and seen us win something like 20 so I'm hoping my luck holds out for another game!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Thanks Claret....Alderweireld back will make a big difference!I've been to around 25 Southampton games and seen us win something like 20 so I'm hoping my luck holds out for another game!!
Not be be dude as another one for the lost list Big smile
Hope you enjoyed youre time burnley , did read this morning that there was trouble in the cricket club Bar , lots things been thrown between two sets of fans , Burnley do have this scum attached to them but one hopes that you saw none of it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 1:48pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Not be be dude as another one for the lost list Big smile
Hope you enjoyed youre time burnley , did read this morning that there was trouble in the cricket club Bar , lots things been thrown between two sets of fans , Burnley do have this scum attached to them but one hopes that you saw none of it .
Tempted fate there didn't I! Knew Burnley would win when we missed the pen...We were poison...We actually didn't head there. Had a few in the bar nearest Manchester Road Station. Loved the place! Cheap local beer and owners were sound. Gave us a few cheap beers for journey back. Went to a bar called the Kitchen before and after...Good fun, chatting to sound Burnley fans...Bar lady then kicked us out after a couple of pints after the game cause we were in Saints jerseys. So were other people, mustn't have liked us...5.50 for three fosters was good!!
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by MJD MJD wrote:

At the start of the season I argued against everyone who said Southampton would go down, because they clearly still had a decent side after the acquisitions. They've definitely done better than I expected, HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure they will not be in the top 4 come the end of January, and before the Villa match I had a bet that they wouldn't finish in the top 6. They have an atrociaous run coming up, it's very much like spurs a few years ago when they thought they'd win the league because they had an easy run of games at the start of the season. The problem with a lot of football fans and pundits is that they are very reactionary and rarely see the bigger picture, it's only now that Southampton have drawn and lost in their past two matches that people are looking at their fixtures and realising what's going on!

Maybe I should've waited until the Arsenal match on Wednesday before posting this Pinch

One draw and four losses since I placed my bet Cool Have to say I didn't expect a loss against Burnley but, as Bronze said, the writing seemed on the wall once Tadic missed the pen. Apologies Bronze, but it doesn't look like it's going to get much better. Next six fixtures:

Everton (H)
Palace (A)
Chelsea (H)
Arsenal (H)
Man Utd (A)
Newcastle (A)
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:41pm

One draw and four losses since I placed my bet Cool Have to say I didn't expect a loss against Burnley but, as Bronze said, the writing seemed on the wall once Tadic missed the pen. Apologies Bronze, but it doesn't look like it's going to get much better. Next six fixtures:

Everton (H) win
Palace (A) draw 
Chelsea (H) loss
Arsenal (H) draw
Man Utd (A)loss
Newcastle (A) draw
League Cup tomorrow is a big one...win and we might get a bit of confidence back
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:45pm
I wouldn't be too confident of a win against Everton Bronze despite their underwhelming start to the season. It'll be a tight game.

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Dec 2014 at 7:47pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 67>
  Share Topic