Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southampton thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 67>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

What a pleasure it was to meet thebronze14 yesterday a top man. Thumbs Up

Hope to see you again for an Ireland or SAFC/Southampton game bud.
No problem man, had a great day!Enjoyed the bars over there and the Sunderland lads were all sound. Well maybe apart from that GD fella!We were probably the better team but I'm happy with the point. Will defo be visiting the SOL next season!
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

No problem man, had a great day!Thanks for the hospitality!Enjoyed the bars over there and the Sunderland lads were all sound. Well maybe apart from that GD fella!We were probably the better team but I'm happy with the point. Will defo be visiting the SOL next season and I can confirm Double Maxim is a great drink!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 5:59am

No problem man, had a great day!Enjoyed the bars over there and the Sunderland lads were all sound. Well maybe apart from that GD fella!We were probably the better team but I'm happy with the point. Will defo be visiting the SOL next season!

Right back at you what did your two mates make of it all ?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 5:05pm

Right back at you what did your two mates make of it all ?
They enjoyed it although Aidan was a bit too hungover! Hopefully we put a good performance in now to finish the season...would move us up a few places in the final table also
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 10:27pm
See you next season bud. Thumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 6:08am
Whats the craic with Nicola Cortese is he leaving the club ?
Drumaville View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 12:12pm

No problem man, had a great day!Thanks for the hospitality!Enjoyed the bars over there and the Sunderland lads were all sound. Well maybe apart from that GD fella!We were probably the better team but I'm happy with the point. Will defo be visiting the SOL next season and I can confirm Double Maxim is a great drink!

Nice one pleased you enjoyed your trip to Wearside. Cool
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
Marley+ View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:12pm
Will Rickie Lambert be staying with the Saints.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 11:10am
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Pochettino off?Shocked

Read that. Whatever about Pochettino Cortese leaving would be a disaster. For the last four years we've had general stability and hope for optimism for the first time in God knows when, would be typical Saints if Cortese were to go and the whole thing falls apart.Cry Confident he stays though and everything will be ok
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Marley+ Marley+ wrote:

Will Rickie Lambert be staying with the Saints.
Think he will. If Poch and Cortese stay though I don't think he'll be guaranteed his place.
Vaux View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Pochettino off?Shocked

Read that. Whatever about Pochettino Cortese leaving would be a disaster. For the last four years we've had general stability and hope for optimism for the first time in God knows when, would be typical Saints if Cortese were to go and the whole thing falls apart.Cry Confident he stays though and everything will be ok

Any further news on this ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:47pm
No major news today, say it will wait till end of the season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22569321
Vaux View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:48pm
[QUOTE=thebronze14]No major news today, say it will wait till end of the season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22569321[/QUOTE

Are the Saints going back to their 'proper' stripes ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Vaux Vaux wrote:

[QUOTE=thebronze14]No major news today, say it will wait till end of the season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22569321[/QUOTE

Are the Saints going back to their 'proper' stripes ?
No word yet but hopefully. Doesn't bother me too much as our original kit was white with a red sash. Talk of adidas taking over from Umbro which would be a bonus!Bought the away one last year and we only wore it twice!

Monners View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 1:33pm
Just a quick one to say thanks to all Saints fans for showing their significant support in signing the petition to keep Coventry City playing in the city. For those who aren't aware Cov are owned by the same off shore Hedge Fund that came close to buying Saints a few years ago. They have basically driven our club into the dirt through non payment of rent, court actions etc (it's a it of a long story). We are in admin, lost the use of the Acadamy facilities and currently have no ground to play at due to the stand off on the rent.

Check the Coventry Telegraph for more if interested. Just bare in mind that this could happen to any club in the modern era.

Anyway - thanks again

It was like watching Coventry City on a good day!
ftm View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 4:36pm
Always was keener on Saints fans than
Pompey ones
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Monners Monners wrote:

Just a quick one to say thanks to all Saints fans for showing their significant support in signing the petition to keep Coventry City playing in the city. For those who aren't aware Cov are owned by the same off shore Hedge Fund that came close to buying Saints a few years ago. They have basically driven our club into the dirt through non payment of rent, court actions etc (it's a it of a long story). We are in admin, lost the use of the Acadamy facilities and currently have no ground to play at due to the stand off on the rent.

Check the Coventry Telegraph for more if interested. Just bare in mind that this could happen to any club in the modern era.

Anyway - thanks again

Yeah I heard that we nearly were taken over by that lot so we dodged a bullet. Thought ye would come straight back up this season as you seemed to have some decent young players coming through last year despite relegation. Have some Coventry supporting relations so always look out for their results. Let's hope ye get sorted out and a bit of stability in the next few years and your up in the divisions you belong inThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 67>
  Share Topic