You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The YBIG DIY Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 8:56pm
Just get a new rad,much handier.......you'll get one the same size as the one that has the vent key broken.just close off the flow and return either side and lift it down.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:18pm
Have integrated dishwasher. Came with house but would be 5+ year old.

Won't do its thing the last week. Power there but won't "come on". Can hear muted noises and when I open door after attempting to work it, there's condensation. I took the filter yoke out at bottom, all clear and water is hot in the pipe where filter is.

Any ideas lads?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
Some of the appliance fixers will do a free call out👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:35am
Not really DIY, but have a problem with the alarm in the house, think the senor on the front door is gone, anyone know someone who'd reliable I could ring to have a look?
Was given a name during the week but the lad has been a no show on two occasions so need to source from elsewhere before the house gets ransacked 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Not really DIY, but have a problem with the alarm in the house, think the senor on the front door is gone, anyone know someone who'd reliable I could ring to have a look?
Was given a name during the week but the lad has been a no show on two occasions so need to source from elsewhere before the house gets ransacked 
why have you a Spanish security guard?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:10pm
Manuel. "Mista Fawlty Mista Fawlty! The senor is kaputt! Kaputt! He no work!"
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:14pm

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:15pm

LOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm

Edited by the_walls - 23 Feb 2018 at 1:39pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:08pm

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:55am
Bought a house and moved in last month and there's a lot more work that needs to be done then I had anticipated.
Having never done anything like this before I want to go down the DIY approach.

Anyone insulated their attic? Looking up videos on youtube and it looks manageable. You also get a grant to insulate the attic, do you only get money back if you get someone in to do it?
Another is that we are getting a new boiler in the attic, so the cistern in the hot press will be removed. Was going to put up a stud wall and block the door where the hot press was.

The house is straight out of the 70's, wood chip wallpaper all over the house which will be taken down too.

The dark side.. And the light
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 12:19pm
Are you looking at the foam rolls or getting it sprayed? 
A lot depends on the size of the attic and how easy it is to get around (standing room). If its not too big and easy to walk around its an ok job, if its awkward then it can be a killer. Have to be very careful with the dust and particles that come off the rolls, would want a mask and goggles. Did our own a few years back and hated it but our attic is a fooker to get around in parts. 

When we were doing it we got the walls pumped too, took a couple of winters to really notice the difference but was a great job for heat retention
Some people just deserve a slap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Bought a house and moved in last month and there's a lot more work that needs to be done then I had anticipated.
Having never done anything like this before I want to go down the DIY approach.

Anyone insulated their attic? Looking up videos on youtube and it looks manageable. You also get a grant to insulate the attic, do you only get money back if you get someone in to do it?
Another is that we are getting a new boiler in the attic, so the cistern in the hot press will be removed. Was going to put up a stud wall and block the door where the hot press was.

The house is straight out of the 70's, wood chip wallpaper all over the house which will be taken down too.

Heartbreaking stuff. Ballache to remove then you potentially have damaged walls 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 12:58pm
Woodchip🙈🙈🙈
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:01pm

Woodchip is horrific. If your walls need to be insulated, would you just put the new boards over the wood chip walls where you can?
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

I got my mate to plaster over the woodchip.

Quicker and easier than pulling half the plasterboard off the walls.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:31pm
There's standing space in the attic and it seems like the old roll of insulation has just desintigrated. So was going to put some on the ground at the eaves and up the roof between joists. At the moment there's just styrofoam that blows around when I'm up there. 
The hous needs to be replumbed and rewired so some walls will have to be knocked through so was going to get the place plastered as well. Hopefully with the knocked walls it will mean that I don't have to go through the process of taking of the woodchip. 
Would a stud wall be tricky to do it yourself?
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic