You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The YBIG DIY Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 8:25pm
And i have your word the bracket will stay on the wall? Just screwed into plasterboard? Are they anchored in or something? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 8:44pm
Yeah that's the job . There are different types of them . They basically push into the plaster board and open out like an umbrella inside the wall. As you tighten them they fix to the inside of the plaster board .

Edited by BabbsBalls - 30 Dec 2013 at 8:46pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 5:39pm
Sound stuff Babbs, seems nicely secure.

But ffs, the HDMI doesnt fit between wall and tv so had to order a slim one off ebay. Nothing ever easy.
AS YOU WERE McGx

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 10:37am

Lads would your local Woodies etc. stock plastic tubing? Anyone know what the price would be, imagine the longer the length the cheaper.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 29 Jan 2014 at 10:38am
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 11:10pm
Babbsballs there seems to be a problem with our boiler. Its a combi boiler yoke but just today when we went to turn the heating on it started making mental loud clunking noises and wouldnt fire up. Any idea what it might be? Up until now it was okay with the heating but if one person had a shower and then turned off the water then another person couldnt get into the shower and have hot water it would always be cold when they went to turn on the shower a second time. The landlord is sending around a plumber tomorrow, I just hope its not a huge job. Any idea's? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Babbsballs there seems to be a problem with our boiler. Its a combi boiler yoke but just today when we went to turn the heating on it started making mental loud clunking noises and wouldnt fire up. Any idea what it might be? Up until now it was okay with the heating but if one person had a shower and then turned off the water then another person couldnt get into the shower and have hot water it would always be cold when they went to turn on the shower a second time. The landlord is sending around a plumber tomorrow, I just hope its not a huge job. Any idea's? 
huge job or not sure it wont cost you anything SGB,,,worry not my dear
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 9:49am
Aint worried about the cost just worried about how long I will have no heating or hot water. Im FREEZING
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 1:55pm
Shower head built up with grit so bought new one. Worked like magic (some difference) for about two weeks and now problem is that temp is fluctuating all the time and pressure gone to sh*t. But if you remove shower head the hose is as it should be. I rinse out the grit (north dublin = hard water) and it's ok for a short period of time. Anyone solved this problem? Pain in hole rinsing the yoke out when you just want to hop in/hop out in the morns.
AS YOU WERE McGx

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 3:44pm
Move from North Dublin.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:32pm
Thanks for posting
AS YOU WERE McGx

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:37pm
Sorry. I don't have an actual answer. Can you get a filter for the mains supply?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:40pm
Reckon babbsballs is the man.

*waits
AS YOU WERE McGx

St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Reckon babbsballs is the man.

*waits
That would be my answer also ! Babbs is the man Clap
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 6:31pm
Question.

Went to bleed a single rad upstairs and the Fcuking screw yoke corroded and crumbled away. Is it straightforward to change a rad or do I need a plumber. i.e. Can I just turn off water and lash a new one on or is it harder job than that?
AS YOU WERE McGx

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 6:34pm

Question.

Went to bleed a single rad upstairs and the Fcuking screw yoke corroded and crumbled away. Is it straightforward to change a rad or do I need a plumber. i.e. Can I just turn off water and lash a new one on or is it harder job than that?
Best bet is to just drill a little hole in top of rad and screw a self tapper screw with a bit of plumbing tape wrapped around it does the job, dont do this while the system is on
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Question.

Best bet is to just drill a little hole in top of rad and screw a self tapper screw with a bit of plumbing tape wrapped around it does the job, dont do this while the system is on

Cheers Daithi. I had heard of this before alright. Can you drill the hole anywhere? And will water spray all over the place if I was to do this?
AS YOU WERE McGx

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 7:03pm
Top of rad at either end, make sure system is not on when doing this,  if rad is needing bleeding then should not really have any spillage when you drill the hole, use a small bit and a screw to fit same, you can then use screw to bleed the rad when needs be
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 7:57pm
Cheers Daithi will give it a go
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic