You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Javier...real or not..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

who cares whether he is from.boca san telmo or ballina. What difference does it make to anyone
Calling for posters to be banned, what's this the third Reich. Too many Little hitlers.

Jasus get over it Baldrick. Nothing wrong with fake posters being banned. Its happened before
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

who cares whether he is from.boca san telmo or ballina. What difference does it make to anyone
Calling for posters to be banned, what's this the third Reich. Too many Little hitlers.

Jasus get over it Baldrick. Nothing wrong with fake posters being banned. Its happened before

I am of the view that asking for people to be banned is the same as footballer players asking for fellow footballers to get sent off etc. 

Asking for fellow posters to banned is the first step to censorship on here.    Just ignore someone if you do not respect their opinion, it is not that hard.  What difference does it make to your life if someone is fake on here.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:24am

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

I am of the view that asking for people to be banned is the same as footballer players asking for fellow footballers to get sent off etc. 

Asking for fellow posters to banned is the first step to censorship on here.    Just ignore someone if you do not respect their opinion, it is not that hard.  What difference does it make to your life if someone is fake on here.  

I dont read his posts and havent for weeks. Its just a pain in the hole when you're trying to debate a matter and a fake poster comes in talking sh*te.

Liking it to a footballer looking for a player to be booked is pure bufoonery an surprised you'd come up with something so stupid.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:26am

so you are saying he was treated differently because he was from another continent.

Yes I think the mods have been very lenient on his posts.He has constantly brought up sh*te about Che Guevara,Admiral Brown,Bielsa,ESPN Argentina and the similiarities between the Irish and Basques.Nothing to do with the ROI team and he's been allowed get away with it for so long.Whether he's real or not it has gone beyond a joke.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:30am
Why are you surprised,   sure I would say you and I disagree on most things so why are you surprised that you disagree with me on this.   What does it even mean. 

By the way its an analogy its not literal.     Basically the people calling for a banning are acting like the equivalent of the class room snitch.    I honestly do not understand how the hell Javier affects peoples enjoyment of the site.  Its only football its not important and if he does not personally insult anyone, does not bully anyone and does not threaten the sustainability of the website (by posting anything illegal) I think  the rest then is fair game. 

There is something horrible about people calling for other posters to be banned and in my view it sets a dangerous precedent on the site, it could be used as a way to silence dissenting voices so in principle I would be against the mob calling for people to be banned.    I would back the majority of mods on this who seem to be taking a very sensible attitude towards this, plus they also have better things to be doing than wondering if people are fake posters or not. 

Edited by Baldrick - 29 Sep 2013 at 11:31am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:33am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

so you are saying he was treated differently because he was from another continent.

Yes I think the mods have been very lenient on his posts.He has constantly brought up sh*te about Che Guevara,Admiral Brown,Bielsa,ESPN Argentina and the similiarities between the Irish and Basques.Nothing to do with the ROI team and he's been allowed get away with it for so long.Whether he's real or not it has gone beyond a joke.

Did you ever think that the Mods have better things to be worrying about than where a poster is posting and what he posts in relation to cultural similarities.  I will say it now, I enjoy Javier posts a lot more than yours, does than mean you should be banned.  No it doesn't,  I just ignore most posts from people who do not interest me.  I would recommend you do the same. 
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:04pm
Its hard to ignore his posts when he's clogging up the ROI section with sh*te about Che Guevara,Admiral Brown,The Irish and the Basques etc etc.He's allowed to get away with misleading thread titles such as Bielsa confirming Irish interest.None of us would be allowed to set up a thread like that with no quotes or any type of proof to back it up.If you re quite happy to read the same stuff on cultural similiarites over and over again,good lyck to you but to me it doesn't have much bearing on Hoolahan being in the team or Bielsa taking over
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm

Its hard to ignore his posts when he's clogging up the ROI section with sh*te about Che Guevara,Admiral Brown,The Irish and the Basques etc etc.He's allowed to get away with misleading thread titles such as Bielsa confirming Irish interest.None of us would be allowed to set up a thread like that with no quotes or any type of proof to back it up.If you re quite happy to read the same stuff on cultural similiarites over and over again,good lyck to you but to me it doesn't have much bearing on Hoolahan being in the team or Bielsa taking over

Exactly, I am not saying you have to like it.  I am just saying it does not warrant a banning.   By the way, many people on here have set up pointless threads but have not got banned, myself included.  I am not trying to proclaim he is the best poster on here (whatever that would mean).  I am just saying that the principle of the mob calling for a banning, is not something that YBIG should go down in my view.  Thankfully it seems the Mods are of the same view that they have better things to be doing than banning people who start threads that some people find annoying or boring or misleading. 

AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:18pm

Exactly, I am not saying you have to like it.  I am just saying it does not warrant a banning.   By the way, many people on here have set up pointless threads but have not got banned, myself included.  I am not trying to proclaim he is the best poster on here (whatever that would mean).  I am just saying that the principle of the mob calling for a banning, is not something that YBIG should go down in my view.  Thankfully it seems the Mods are of the same view that they have better things to be doing than banning people who start threads that some people find annoying or boring or misleading. 

I understand your point but Its still trolling imo the way he goes.I know lads that would casually come onto ybig as guests having a glance at the threads and I do think it reflects poorly on the site if you have misleading thread titles like the Bielsa one.I know the mods have an inenviable thankless job on here and they re in agreement with you but i just dont agree tbh.Ive stood up for the mods on here before but im not in agreement this time.Im sure they'll lose sleep over it.

Do you mind me asking what you got banned for?
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:18pm
It prob is a fake poster but it ain't Soccerc
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:19pm

I understand your point but Its still trolling imo the way he goes.I know lads that would casually come onto ybig as guests having a glance at the threads and I do think it reflects poorly on the site if you have misleading thread titles like the Bielsa one.I know the mods have an inenviable thankless job on here and they re in agreement with you but i just dont agree tbh.Ive stood up for the mods on here before but im not in agreement this time.Im sure they'll lose sleep over it.

Confused

Did I say I got banned  ?

Edited by Baldrick - 29 Sep 2013 at 12:20pm
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

It prob is a fake poster but it ain't Soccerc

+ 1

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:21pm

Confused

Did I say I got banned  ?

Apologies.misread your post .I was wondering how you would get banned
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:27pm
here lads, we shouldnt go down the road of banning a troll as somebody might actually enjoy reading the troll's posts.

Baldrick enjoys Javier's posts so thats all that counts.

It doesnt matter if the ROI section is wrecked by spam by a troll, Baldrick enjoys reading the spam and doesnt see how its annoying to the rest of us. So can we stop with the "lynch mob" mentality please, we dont want any "dangerous precedents".

Cheers.

Edited by rolo - 29 Sep 2013 at 2:34pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

here lads, we shouldnt go down the road of banning a troll as somebody might actually enjoy reading the troll's posts.

Baldrick enjoys Javier's posts so thats all that counts.

It doesnt matter if the ROI section is wrecked by spam by a troll, Baldrick enjoys reading the spam and doesnt see how its annoying to the rest of us. So can we stop with the "lynch mob" mentality please, we dont want any "dangerous precedents".

Cheers.

cant wait for the reply to this one
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:55pm
ha ha rolo. I am not asking for action. Other people want action I.e. A banning. Therefore the burden of proof is on them not one else.

you would i am the only one who posted against the
banning.

you say ruining the forum and that he is a troll. That is all very subjective and a matter of opinion. I don't think anybody should be banned because a certain faction do not like his or her posts.

the majority of the mods are in agreement. The reason the forum is good is because it allows free sppech and diversity of.opinion and does not have the over bearing power of mode controlling the debate.

on the phone so lots of typos
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:57pm
by the way by saying I enjoy his posts more than mufs does not imply I enjoy his posts. Its relative
AKA pedantic kunt
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 3:15pm

I honestly do not understand how the hell Javier affects peoples enjoyment of the site.  Its only football its not important and if he does not personally insult anyone, does not bully anyone and does not threaten the sustainability of the website (by posting anything illegal) 

Clap

There's many other posters that seem to annoy people with insults and blatant bullying and are not subject to much scrutiny, especially in the RoW section.
I'm not sure why the mods here allow sock puppets. But seeing they do, does it really matter if Javier's a fake account?

For those who don't subscribe to Javier's musings (which occasionally can be interesting), remember this;
you don't have to read or reply to his posts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic