You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiff City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:32pm
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:07am
I am not in any way downplaying how tragic the events were, but is anybody else finding the reaction of Neil Warnock a bit ridiculous? Saying he feels like giving up football and he can barely face getting out of the bed in the morning because of it, also all the Cardiff players receiving counselling when its very likely they never even met him. Maybe I'm being cynical but If it was the Nantes manager acting like that I'd completely understand, but it all seems a bit OTT to me.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I am not in any way downplaying how tragic the events were, but is anybody else finding the reaction of Neil Warnock a bit ridiculous? Saying he feels like giving up football and he can barely face getting out of the bed in the morning because of it, also all the Cardiff players receiving counselling when its very likely they never even met him. Maybe I'm being cynical but If it was the Nantes manager acting like that I'd completely understand, but it all seems a bit OTT to me.

Think he was talking about if there was a soft Brexit

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:40am

I was thinking the exact same thing. Sala would have had fook all dealings with Warnock. 
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:54am

Agreed.

We need to send a massive banner of support to their next game saying "are you ok hun?".

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:02am
To say I'm not a fan of auld Colin would be an understatement but does anybody have the right to tell anybody else exactly how they should be feeling in this situation ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

To say I'm not a fan of auld Colin would be an understatement but does anybody have the right to tell anybody else exactly how they should be feeling in this situation ?
Agreed. I quite like Colin though. I think in the bland and corporate world of football,the game needs a personality or a thousand. 
I think what many players and staff are feeling at Cardiff is their own mortality and vulnerability. Football is a very insular world and deaths of young men in it are rare. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 11:51am

Do you not reckon that he could be cynically exploiting a tragedy? Warnock loves telling the world what a great job he is doing against all the odds. 
His book was in the jax of a house I was living in and when I had read the ingredients of all the shampoo and toothpaste containers, I would occasionally move on to his book. He takes no responsibility for anything that ever goes wrong, it's always the Chairman/Players/Agents/Fans fault. Any poor signing made at his clubs was done against his wishes and vice versa with any players who turned out to be world beaters (he demanded that they be signed but he was vetoed). I wasn't a fan of his beforehand but I would love to knock him out having read that poxy book. 
El Puto Amo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Do you not reckon that he could be cynically exploiting a tragedy? Warnock loves telling the world what a great job he is doing against all the odds. 
His book was in the jax of a house I was living in and when I had read the ingredients of all the shampoo and toothpaste containers, I would occasionally move on to his book. He takes no responsibility for anything that ever goes wrong, it's always the Chairman/Players/Agents/Fans fault. Any poor signing made at his clubs was done against his wishes and vice versa with any players who turned out to be world beaters (he demanded that they be signed but he was vetoed). I wasn't a fan of his beforehand but I would love to knock him out having read that poxy book. 

100% this.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 12:10pm
Out of curiosity, how is he exploiting this?
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 12:11pm
He said on TV yesterday he'd spent (6 or 8?) weeks talking to and meeting him before the transfer and that's why it's affected him most at Cardiff. As PM said, he adds a bit of personality to the PL, but I wouldn't buy a used car from him.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

He said on TV yesterday he'd spent (6 or 8?) weeks talking to and meeting him before the transfer and that's why it's affected him most at Cardiff. As PM said, he adds a bit of personality to the PL, but I wouldn't buy a used car from him.
I wouldn't spend five minutes with him!  I don't think he is exploiting this though. There has to be a sense of perspective taken here. Even if he never met the lad in his life, he died because he was coming to sign for him. There is bound to be a bit of grief, guilt and soul searching.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Out of curiosity, how is he exploiting this?

I'm maybe a harsh judge because I think Warnock is absolutely shameless in his self promotion and no tactic is too low for him. However, it's in his interest to highlight how hard his job is. Similar to MON with Ireland, he wants people to think that he is doing a good job in difficult circumstances. So even if Cardiff lose every game and play poorly, it's not his fault - the club is mired in grief so what can he do?

I'll take PM and Borussias point that neither I, nor anyone else, can know how he is feeling but he does bring out the cynic in me. 
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:29pm
Seat cushions suspected to be from the Sala plane have swept up on a beach in France
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

I wouldn't spend five minutes with him!  I don't think he is exploiting this though. There has to be a sense of perspective taken here. Even if he never met the lad in his life, he died because he was coming to sign for him. There is bound to be a bit of grief, guilt and soul searching.

All I Know him from his a few interviews I see and he has that punchable quality. But as you have alluded to, he was signing him and he died on the way. How would that not affect you? 

He's also of an age of retiring from football so who konws what he's thinking. I'd be inclined to have a level of sympathy here.

And while were on the topic. Obviously the pilot means absolutely nothing in all of this 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:12pm
Plane's been found 

At least the family have closure now
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
recognitionexpress View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote recognitionexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:21am
Our Cardiff City page has all the latest news and views from in and around the Premier League club.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:16pm
One off the bodies is visible in the wreckage. Grim enough
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic