Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiff City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:12pm
I heard the audio as they played it on the news.  Seems to me like he was joking.  Hardly faked his own death did he?  Is he involved with gangsters?  He didn't sound very happy to be going to Cardiff. The news reported how excited he was about the move.  This sounds like he was dreading it.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:39am

Fans in both Nantes and Cardiff held vigils for the player on Tuesday night but one question that faces both clubs, is who will pay the transfer fee, which represents a substantial amount of money for both clubs.

Wednesday 23rd January 2019

French Media

"The transfer contract is valid as soon as it is registered with FIFA," Alexandra Cohen Jonathan, a lawyer and partner at the Paris firm August Debouzy, told AFP.

"If this is the case, in principle Cardiff must pay the 17 million to Nantes even though the player has disappeared."

According to a source close to FC Nantes, the deal had been finalised.

"The contract was signed Saturday at 5pm and approved Monday," said the source.

Broadly, big clubs take out two types of insurance to cover players.

There is liability cover, against bodily injuries suffered by players which is attributable to the employer.

Then there is 'key man' insurance, originally designed to protect businesses from the sudden loss of important members of the company, which football clubs use to cover themselves in case they lose valuable squad members. It is based on transfer values.

"Nantes had certainly signed a contract of this type, but does this contract still apply when a transfer has already been signed?" asked Cohen Jonathan. "Have Cardiff already taken out this insurance? Had it already come into effect?"

As for the liability insurance, that would only come into play "if one of the two clubs was the organiser of air transport," said Cohen Jonathan, adding that this does not seem to be the case.

Cardiff president Mehmet Dalman said on Wednesday that the club had offered to arrange Sala's trip but the attacker had opted to make "his own arrangements".

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footb ... rdiff+City

In plane accidents, the carrier is responsible for compensation but the payout is normally capped at 100,000 euros, said Cohen Jonathan.

But that cap disappears "if you prove the air carrier is at fault," the lawyer added.

"In that case, the right to compensation is complete and full, that is to say that if the damage is 17 million, we have the right to the entire sum in compensation."

The interested parties would need to prove the owner of the plane was to blame and, indeed, to establish who that is.

Shortly before take off, Sala sent relatives a desperate message saying the plane looked like it was "going to fall apart".

That message "will necessarily lead to an examination of the plane's maintenance log" to try to establish a possible fault and the responsibility of the air carrier or, in case of the failure of a component, an equipment manufacturer in case of failure of a component, said the lawyer.

"In any case, someone will have to pay 17 million euros," said Cohen Jonathan.

Edited by randyrandolph - 24 Jan 2019 at 9:39am
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Who would have arranged the plane?
It was owned by the Cardiff Chairman.

If you read the article above Wink

BBC are saying the player arranged the plane himself. 

Chairman has come out and said he refused a commercial flight that Cardiff wanted to organise for him.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:15am

Chairman has come out and said he refused a commercial flight that Cardiff wanted to organise for him.
So many different stories coming out.
Seems like everyone is blaming someone else.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:22am
After the event everyone will say why did he use this plane. It just sounds like it was a eagerness to get the deal signed and sealed. Football transfers change so quickly it's undertstandable to think that that 8 hours extra time could be the difference. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:35am

So many different stories coming out.
Seems like everyone is blaming someone else.

Yeah it's madness alright. Easy enough to blame the player when we'll never find out the truth.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 10:38am
The absolute state of that plane.  I have never seen any player take one of those to sign for anyone.  They either fly commercial or have a private jet laid on.  This is like some piece of sh*te you see in Baldonnel training lads how to fly.  They bounce around and rotate on the runway as they land like a butterfly with sore feet.  I'd be nervous flying from here to 20 miles away on that thing never mind across a sea.

Some pilot on Sky News reckoned it was utter madness and dangerous to take one of those Malibu planes to fly at night at low level across the English Channel.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:13pm
this thread is similar to our declanrice one... 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

this thread is similar to our declanrice one... 

Ah come on, no one on this forum has suggested organising a search party to go a search a remote island for Declan Rice.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 24 Jan 2019 at 1:07pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:24pm
"Something shady has gone here and I think it’s been heavily covered up, DO THEY want Emiliano dead?"

LOLLOL
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:38pm
this is my favourite...

"Can the island be searched by foot or would it be trespassing. I'd love to be able to hire out a boat and go search their myself"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 1:40pm
The grammatical errors are atrocious, PM would have a field day on there.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The absolute state of that plane.  I have never seen any player take one of those to sign for anyone.  They either fly commercial or have a private jet laid on.  This is like some piece of sh*te you see in Baldonnel training lads how to fly.  They bounce around and rotate on the runway as they land like a butterfly with sore feet.  I'd be nervous flying from here to 20 miles away on that thing never mind across a sea.

Some pilot on Sky News reckoned it was utter madness and dangerous to take one of those Malibu planes to fly at night at low level across the English Channel.

Apparently it also needed 4 attempts just to take off! Shocked

If I were him, I would been telling the pilot to forget it completely after the 2nd aborted attempt and would have stayed the night locally and travelled back to Cardiff the next morning. 

His agent, Mark McKay, has confirmed he was involved in arranging a private plane to take the player from Cardiff to Nantes and back but I'd love to know whose idea it was to use that particular plane (I'm not sure how much McKay would have even known about the actual plane that was being used or how the decision was made to use it).

Edited by ConorMac77 - 24 Jan 2019 at 2:12pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The grammatical errors are atrocious, PM would have a field day on there.
As a regular browser of other boards, I don't think we are in any position to gloat about anything!

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:22pm
Search has been called off now.

You'd have to speculate it went down in the ocean and has just sank. Poor lads and their families, heart breaking.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:30pm
Is there no black box on the plane? Normally they can track the signal from one can they not? 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Is there no black box on the plane? Normally they can track the signal from one can they not? 
seems that yoke barely had an engine 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic