You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiff City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Who would have arranged the plane?
It was owned by the Cardiff Chairman.

If you read the article above Wink

BBC are saying the player arranged the plane himself. 
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Quote "I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart, and I'm leaving for Cardiff," Sala said in a WhatsApp audio message carried by Argentine media.

"If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don't know if they will send people to look for me, because they will not find me, you know. Dad, I'm so scared," he added.

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2019/0123/1024912-english-channel-search

Cry

f**kin hell, you'd have to wonder why he got on the plane at all..
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:51am
That's mental
Some people just deserve a slap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:32am
JaysusShocked
I won't be listening to it anyway.  I thought initially it was private jet that crashed. Why on earth were they commuting a multi million pound player by an absolute joke of a plane?  It's like a Cessna.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:00am
Listened to his audio message, obviously I don't speak Spanish but you can tell by the tone of his voice how worried he was.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

JaysusShocked
I won't be listening to it anyway.  I thought initially it was private jet that crashed. Why on earth were they commuting a multi million pound player by an absolute joke of a plane?  It's like a Cessna.

And with 1 pilot. So say he croaked? You'd be goosed. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

JaysusShocked

And with 1 pilot. So say he croaked? You'd be goosed. 

This is the one thing that amazed me from the outset. I wouldn't be getting on that plane unless I had some experience of flying an aircraft myself.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 1:46pm
speaking crudely - i assume clubs have to insure their assets from day 1 - in the same way you insure a house from moment of exchange? lets hope for cardiffs sake they have. i know however from experience that many contracts have exclusions - for example flying on a unregulated aircraft/ non-commercial or chartered etc. might even fall into that - especially if Cardiff supplied this rust bucket. Not forgetting a contract - say 5 years at 60k. Could be a serious hit for Cardiff.

Edited by randyrandolph - 23 Jan 2019 at 1:46pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

speaking crudely - i assume clubs have to insure their assets from day 1 - in the same way you insure a house from moment of exchange? lets hope for cardiffs sake they have. i know however from experience that many contracts have exclusions - for example flying on a unregulated aircraft/ non-commercial or chartered etc. might even fall into that - especially if Cardiff supplied this rust bucket. Not forgetting a contract - say 5 years at 60k. Could be a serious hit for Cardiff.

Crass rather than crude - poor kid looks RIP and more concern about the financial implications for some millionaires vanity project.......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 2:00pm

I don't know if it's 'more concern', he was just raising a point which I'd be surprised didn't cross a number of other people's minds on here.

In terms of that actual point, I'd imagine a life policy would be one of the 'conditions precedent' to the transfer. As you say however there would be a number of exclusions - one of which may come into effect in this instance.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Quote "I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart, and I'm leaving for Cardiff," Sala said in a WhatsApp audio message carried by Argentine media.

"If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don't know if they will send people to look for me, because they will not find me, you know. Dad, I'm so scared," he added.

Cry

Was that message when he was flying or before he got on it? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
Seeing as he knew the plane was in trouble how come there there was no distress signal sent out by  the pilot??  I mean if the plane was making bad noises and a lay person like Sala knew they were goosed then why did the captain not alert the authorities??

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Crass rather than crude - poor kid looks RIP and more concern about the financial implications for some millionaires vanity project.......

i'm sorry. RIP. #prayforsala #Broken Heart

ffs, clearly it's a tragic story. horrible for the lads family especially.

and i'm not concerned at all about the financial implications for cfc - personally i'd like to see them go bust - but that's another story. 

it is however a valid question and one that people will be asking as i doubt this has happened before.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Cry

Was that message when he was flying or before he got on it? 

Before he got on it. I'm not sure if it's been reported entirely correctly, have read elsewhere that it was said in a jokey manner. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 4:04pm
His ex-GF has come out and said to investigate the "Soccer Mafia" and that she does not believe it's an accident. bizarre.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 4:06pm
If you read the whole transcript  it does seem at least half jokey.It's hard to imagine Cardiff won't get sued by his family over this,especially with the plane being owned by the chairman.Probably in a year or two when they are back in their natural habitat of the championship.

Argentinian media outlet Ole have released the audio, which is thought to have been sent by Sala to a group of close friends via Whatsapp shortly before he vanished.

“Hello, little brothers, how are you crazy people?” Sala says.

“Brother, I’m dead, I was here in Nantes doing things, things, things, things and things, and it never stops, it never stops, it never stops.

“I’m here on a plane that looks like it’s about to fall apart, and I’m going to Cardiff, crazy, tomorrow we already start, and in the afternoon we start training, boys, in my new team…

“Let’s see what happens, so, how are you brothers and sisters, all right?

“If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don’t know if they are going to send someone to look for me because they cannot find me, but you know … Dad, how scared am I!”

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
Must say I thought the same about Cardiff doing their cash,and if money  changed hands
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 5:18pm
Big time amateurism. The owner of Cardiff is the one to blame.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic