You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiff City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Jaysus tragic, RIP
Who said he's dead? Have you not seen Castaway?

Hopefully this story somehow has a happy ending  
If I was stuck on an Island with Tom Hanks and Wilson I'd wish I was dead.
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 10:45am
They last made contact at over 2000ft. No SOS/Mayday call which would give the possibility that it exploded Cry
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They last made contact at over 2000ft. No SOS/Mayday call which would give the possibility that it exploded Cry

Read that Malibu's have been known in the past break up during flight

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 11:42am
Officially confirmed he was on the plane Cry 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:20pm
Unconfirmed rumours that the plane took off on the 4th attempt after failing to take off 3 times.
If that is true then you have to say some blame lies with ground crew and aviation authority in Nantes. Why was the plane not grounded !!!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Unconfirmed rumours that the plane took off on the 4th attempt after failing to take off 3 times.
If that is true then you have to say some blame lies with ground crew and aviation authority in Nantes. Why was the plane not grounded !!!
What about the pilot ?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

What about the pilot ?

Same
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:52pm
Maybe he just didn't want to go to Cardiff, he could be Emilian miles away by now.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 1:43pm

More fan reaction now from the Cardiff City Stadium.

"I couldn't believe it," said Frank Humphreys, 71, of Canton, Cardiff. "Your first thoughts are for his family but this could totally alter Cardiff's season."

Good to see the supporters are keeping things in perspective anyway. Stern Smile
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 1:43pm
I see someone saying the type of plane was only single engined and that it would be totally inappropriate for the length of journey. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 2:18pm
If only our resident pilot was here, I'm sure he could clear it all up. Let's be having you byrner LOL

Edited by cardwizzard - 22 Jan 2019 at 2:18pm
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 2:21pm
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 2:22pm
The type of plane had a maximum cruising range about 3.5/4 times the distance of Nantes to Cardiff, so Its unlikely it was that.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm
Cardiff have released a statement

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/cardiff-city-fc-executive-director--ceo-ken-choo--220119/

Still no word of anything positive Cry
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 8:49am

Quote "I'm on a plane that looks like it's going to fall apart, and I'm leaving for Cardiff," Sala said in a WhatsApp audio message carried by Argentine media.

"If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don't know if they will send people to look for me, because they will not find me, you know. Dad, I'm so scared," he added.

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2019/0123/1024912-english-channel-search

Cry

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Jan 2019 at 8:50am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 8:53am
Jaysis sakes.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:01am
Who would have arranged the plane?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 9:02am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Who would have arranged the plane?
It was owned by the Cardiff Chairman.

If you read the article above Wink
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic