Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiff City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cardiff City
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:12pm
Great to see them in the Premier League
Defo try to get to the Swansea game next year

Bittersweet for many fans following the rebranding of the club. This has caused a pretty big divide amongst their support

What do people think about the history of the club being ripped up to capture a new market in the Middle East? Does Premier League football balance this out?
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:13pm
Good news for Liverpool as well, they are now assured of two games in Europe next season - Swansea and Cardiff
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:19pm
Three Welsh teams now in the Premier League
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Three Welsh teams now in the Premier League

One of them might be playing in La Liga next season thoughTongue
It's Jack Shat
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Good news for Liverpool as well, they are now assured of two games in Europe next season - Swansea and Cardiff

Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:27pm

Great to see them in the Premier League
Defo try to get to the Swansea game next year

Bittersweet for many fans following the rebranding of the club. This has caused a pretty big divide amongst their support

What do people think about the history of the club being ripped up to capture a new market in the Middle East? Does Premier League football balance this out?

from a leeds point of view i wouldnt really like to see a change from an all white strip although their original colours were blue and gold and changed to all white in 1960 to mimic real madrid!! but at the same time i wouldnt lose any sleep over it either as log as it wasnt all red

but the likes of naming the stadium and training ground i wouldnt give a fiddlers fcuk about if it brought in money. increased parachute payments etc menas its now worth over £100m to get promotion. if it means going up call it whatever you like

karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:30pm
Cardiff fans should not of gone along with changing their colours and crest just for promotion.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aah I'm sure they can wait another year to add to their EIGHT European Trophies.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:39pm
Sorry can see nothing but trouble from that lot next year as there fans are a bunch of scummers to say the least .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Cardiff fans should not of gone along with changing their colours and crest just for promotion.

They held protests sure? What were they supposed to do, abandon the team they have supported all their lives over a colour change in the midst of winning promotion to the EPL? 

It's like the owners dropped the colours/crest and suddenly Cardiff started winning, any true fan would continue to support their club unless it becomes too much, major investment was brought in by these owners so they can't have it every way and certainly a kit change shouldn't be made a huge fuss over with that in mind.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm
2 Welsh teams in a English league - only a matter of time before Celtic get it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Sure Celtic would get relegated to League 2 within 3 or 4 seasons! 

Isn't there huge clubs like WBA, Stoke, Wigan, Norwich etc in the EPL! How would Celtic survive!!!!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Isn't there huge clubs like WBA, Stoke, Wigan, Norwich etc in the EPL! How would Celtic survive!!!!!

Too much money involved for them to go straight to the EPL.
I could see them starting in the Conference or League 2 and working their way up.

It will happen eventually. Money talks and Celtic will generate a lot of it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:57pm

You forgot Sunderland
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

You forgot Sunderland

No sure we're not known as "the wee club" in the North-East that's the toon army Wink

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:02pm

Too much money involved for them to go straight to the EPL.
I could see them starting in the Conference or League 2 and working their way up.

It will happen eventually. Money talks and Celtic will generate a lot of it.

I would happily see the Hoops go into League 2 tbh. 

The SPL was boring enough with Rangers in it, it's depressing now! I look forward to the Cup games alot and the odd SPL game, but the league is now a graveyard aside from Celtic.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:43pm

What do people think about the history of the club being ripped up to capture a new market in the Middle East?

I think it was malaysia/indonesia and the far east, not the middle east they were targeting, hard to say though, he pumped the money in so it so bad to grant him one whim? very very difficult call to make but id assume most would take top flight and red home/blue away jersey as opposed to second divisiom
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

They held protests sure? What were they supposed to do, abandon the team they have supported all their lives over a colour change in the midst of winning promotion to the EPL

It's like the owners dropped the colours/crest and suddenly Cardiff started winning, any true fan would continue to support their club unless it becomes too much, major investment was brought in by these owners so they can't have it every way and certainly a kit change shouldn't be made a huge fuss over with that in mind.
yep, it is no longer their team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic