You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Battle of the Babes 2013 - Winner: Natalia Velez
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of the Babes 2013 - Winner: Natalia Velez

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 225>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 6:27pm
There is an alternative to first-to-a-total voting - timed voting. Perhaps voting open for one hour per tie, with longer periods as the rounds go on? I would have to give advance notice of each tie.

I'm loath to keep changing the rules but I don't think changing at this stage would affect much - all the early ties have been quite one-sided. I think first to nine works well for the time being. I suppose I could change it to timed voting for the second round - albeit that is about two months away, at a tie a day.

Incidentally, owing to work commitments in the afternoon, I will try and do tomorrow's tie at noon.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 18 Apr 2013 at 6:28pm
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm
Keep on missing the ties! Fair fair to Cookie for pulling that Charlotte bird.
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:37pm
No way one of my picks...Cry Kimberl......
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Keep on missing the ties! Fair fair to Cookie for pulling that Charlotte bird.

Like I said, midday tomorrow...
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There is an alternative to first-to-a-total voting - timed voting. Perhaps voting open for one hour per tie, with longer periods as the rounds go on? I would have to give advance notice of each tie.

Do it!

In fact, since youre only doing one a day, and youre not waiting for one tie to finish so u can get on with posting the next tie, a two-hour window would be a good idea.
There's no reason not to change it now. That way more ppl can vote, and yet we wont have a situation where we're begging ppl to vote so that we can move on.

Nothing wrong with a two-hour window. Very fair I think.
Just try it for the next tie, doesnt matter that we keep changing the rules. The rules have to evolve, way more posters on here nowadays than when this started.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Do it!

In fact, since youre only doing one a day, and youre not waiting for one tie to finish so u can get on with posting the next tie, a two-hour window would be a good idea.
There's no reason not to change it now. That way more ppl can vote, and yet we wont have a situation where we're begging ppl to vote so that we can move on.

Just try it for the next tie, doesnt matter that we keep changing the rules. The rules have to evolve, way more posters on here nowadays than when this started.

All right, I will then. From midday til two p.m. tomorrow, next tie.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:25pm

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Do it!

All right, I will then. From midday til two p.m. tomorrow, next tie.

Sensible refereeing! Clap

Nobody can complain about the vote being over too quickly then. Very democratic. Could make for some interesting scores too.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:26pm
If there is a tie, it will then be a free vote, first to 9. Everyone can vote again.

Edit: rule change, ties will be decided by whoever was the first to reach nine votes..... votes will stay open if the tie is lower than 9-9.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 13 May 2013 at 12:39pm
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:33am
Um. How about a count back in the event of a tie? That is the first person to nine within the initial two hour period?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 8:52am
I think this competition is in safe hands
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:14am
Just my 2 cents on the matter, but I preferred it when we didn't know when a round was going to take place. Kept us on our toes.
Maybe that's cos I haven't been around to vote for any tie yet. 

The dark side.. And the light
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Just my 2 cents on the matter, but I preferred it when we didn't know when a round was going to take place. Kept us on our toes.
Maybe that's cos I haven't been around to vote for any tie yet. 

Yeah I agree with that.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 11:49am
Can you's not just quit talking manure about rules and peoples opinions and just put up sh*t loads of pics of hot fukin women ffs Ouch 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Um. How about a count back in the event of a tie? That is the first person to nine within the initial two hour period?

Alright, that sounds fair enough.

Sorry about the delay in this tie. Tie five:

Nadine Velazquez

versus

Clare Maguire

Voting closes at 15:20

Nadine 1-0 Clare
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:23pm
nadine 2-0 but again the picture is the reason....
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:34pm
Nadine
3-0
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

nadine 2-0 but again the picture is the reason....

There are literally no good pictures of Clare.

I suppose seeing as it is now a timed vote, there is nothing to stop posters putting up their own pictures.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 1:49pm
Nadine 
4 - 0
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 225>
  Share Topic