You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snooker Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 45>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:09am
Ali Carter 22/1 e/w looks tempting. But to win I would have to go with Selby or Robertson.

Love to see Mark Williams do well, outrageous talent that man has.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath5 PaulMcGrath5 wrote:

Ali Carter 22/1 e/w looks tempting. But to win I would have to go with Selby or Robertson.

Serious long ball potter,remember around  2003  he was winning everything....then just  seemed to fadeConfused
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

He has as much chance of winning the thing as I do, but I would love to see Jimmy White get to the TV rounds (final qualifier before TV rounds Vs Robert Milkins) just for the sake of it. When ya think that him and Steve Davis contested the WC final in 1984 (a year short of 30 years ago) and the 2 of them are still out there competing just for the love of the game, and still reasonably competitive enough to still be ranked in the top 64, ya would have to have a bit of respect for the lads. 

Jimmy was an amazing talent,,sadly he was just never meant win a world title.
But an absolute **** of a man. Ignorant bastard, typical chelsea fan

May i  ask why??Confused
Ronnie Wood has a house in Clane, Co Kildare , Jimmy would come over and visit him every few months,both of them would pop down to the Corner house pub on weekday afternoons for a few pints, he was always friendly with the locals, signing autographs and posing for photos,always polite when i met him there and in Goffs when the Irish Masters was on, he has since bought his own house in Kilcock and is loved by everyone.

came into a pub I worked in in London. Barmaid, who/was is the friendliest girl you could meet, asked him politely to take his cap off. He refused, she said it is house rules and apologised. He said 'do you not f**king know who I am?'. she said no as she genuinely didn't, he was a bit aggressive, said something derogatory and walked out. Absolute knob. It was funny when she said' who was that?' and everyone responded Jimmy White!
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:09pm

Serious long ball potter,remember around  2003  he was winning everything....then just  seemed to fadeConfused

Just don't think he was arsed with the practicing, and the standard is so good now that unless your O'Sullivan you really have to put serious hours in.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:51pm
jimmy white knocked out in final qualifier, have to rely on ronnie for the natural talent again
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 3:39pm

He has as much chance of winning the thing as I do, but I would love to see Jimmy White get to the TV rounds (final qualifier before TV rounds Vs Robert Milkins) just for the sake of it. When ya think that him and Steve Davis contested the WC final in 1984 (a year short of 30 years ago) and the 2 of them are still out there competing just for the love of the game, and still reasonably competitive enough to still be ranked in the top 64, ya would have to have a bit of respect for the lads. 

May i  ask why??Confused
Ronnie Wood has a house in Clane, Co Kildare , Jimmy would come over and visit him every few months,both of them would pop down to the Corner house pub on weekday afternoons for a few pints, he was always friendly with the locals, signing autographs and posing for photos,always polite when i met him there and in Goffs when the Irish Masters was on, he has since bought his own house in Kilcock and is loved by everyone.

came into a pub I worked in in London. Barmaid, who/was is the friendliest girl you could meet, asked him politely to take his cap off. He refused, she said it is house rules and apologised. He said 'do you not f**king know who I am?'. she said no as she genuinely didn't, he was a bit aggressive, said something derogatory and walked out. Absolute knob. It was funny when she said' who was that?' and everyone responded Jimmy White!
Strange why is that rule in pub that you cant wear a cap  ?
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:30am

Neil Robertson and Mark Selby are Shaun Murphy's top tips for World Championship

Updated: Thursday, 18 Apr 2013 07:24 | 0 Comments

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:35pm

Just don't think he was arsed with the practicing, and the standard is so good now that unless your O'Sullivan you really have to put serious hours in.
Mostly got bored of snooker a bit and was trying his hand at 9 ball pool as well as a good few poker tournaments. Started putting the hours back in about 2/3 years ago and had risen well up the rankings last year back to 3rd in the world and a quick look there and he has dropped down to 10th this year at moment. Top notch lad as well, good for a bit of craic Thumbs Up

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

jimmy white knocked out in final qualifier, have to rely on ronnie for the natural talent again
Judd Trump is just as naturally talented as Ronnie  Thumbs Up

Looking at the draw and the winner of Dott v Murphy in the 2nd round would be well capable of taking out Trump so would get on either of them ew as if they make the semi final v higgins or ronnie they're well capable of beating them Thumbs Up
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:43pm
I had a bizarre dream last night that I was playing Jimmy White in a match, called a foul on myself, then watched as he fouled the yellow with his rest (only I saw it), he refused to acknowledge it, he beat me, then I called him a coont in a tv interview.

Like I said, bizarre.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I had a bizarre dream last night that I was playing Jimmy White in a match, called a foul on myself, then watched as he fouled the yellow with his rest (only I saw it), he refused to acknowledge it, he beat me, then I called him a coont in a tv interview.

Like I said, bizarre.

ConfusedLOL
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:30pm
Mark Williams gonna be the first big name casualty this year, is 5-8 down to White(a new welsh lad, have never heard of myself) and white was in position to make it 5-9 but missed a sitter
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:18am
John Higgins Gone   
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

May i  ask why??Confused

Strange why is that rule in pub that you cant wear a cap  ?
try and keep scumbags out. Is in most decent pubs
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:07am
Who's this Dechawat Poomjaeng bloke?
He's some Thai guy who doesn't seem fully there, but a bit of a spacer. He lost a frame cos he fouled 3 times when the ball wasn't snookered.
He's also getting a hammering today, don't know how he got past the 1st round.
The dark side.. And the light
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

He's some Thai guy who doesn't seem fully there, but a bit of a spacer. He lost a frame cos he fouled 3 times when the ball wasn't snookered.

This guy is hilarious,crowd love him, he jumps up and down,makes mad faces and was roaring his head off when he won the last match,only been a pro 2 years!
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 9:01pm

beat Maguire so deserved it. He is a crowd pleaserClap
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 11:26pm

beat Maguire so deserved it. He is a crowd pleaserClap

he is a headbanger and he's out! sure he even had the referee making mistakesLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 1:24am

R O'Sullivan 3/1

M Selby 7/2

J Trump 7/2

Ding Junhui 5/1

S Murphy 8/1

A Carter 16/1

S Bingham 18/1

Michael White 20/1

R Walden 25/1

M Davis 40/1

R Milkins 40/1

B Hawkins 66/1

M King 80/1

M Fu 100/1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 45>
  Share Topic