You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Croly out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 54>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Croly out?
    Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 4:17am
Bromo of mine was at the game last night and said that was the general feeling of the shams fans on the terraces?
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 8:02am
Shamrock need a big name in charge. Somebody like Dave Bassett or Alan Mathews
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 8:12am
Seanie Connor is looking for work. A match made in heaven.
Na Firinne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Na Firinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 9:11am
Croly is out of his depth and we'd be better off getting rid of him now.
Ireland's Number 1!!
The Talla Tout View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Talla Tout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 9:45am
The ground is all seater btw, i think the majority of fans are ok with him, not a great so start need to win in Limerick. We care about our club more than any other set of supporters so sometimes that spills out in other ways, booing is part and parcel of the game, i don't agree with it, i don't think real supporters do it. Anyway TC will know this and has probably more respect for the supporters telling him straight, i left the ground on 90 minutes i was so annoyed like a lot of others and missed the goal, but come the end of the season that could be a crucial.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 11:09am
What a ridiculous thread. When does booing a team constitute wanting the manager out? It happens everywhere at times. Not once last night did I hear one fan call for Croly's head. But then again, it's Shamrock Rovers. Enough reason for some on here to make a mountain out of a molehill. Obsessed!!

Edited by Spudgunn1980 - 30 Mar 2013 at 11:10am
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Talla Tout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

What a ridiculous thread. When does booing a team constitute wanting the manager out? It happens everywhere at times. Not once last night did I hear one fan call for Croly's head. But then again, it's Shamrock Rovers. Enough reason for some on here to make a mountain out of a molehill. Obsessed!!

To be fair i don't know what it was like at full time as i was gone but there was a lot giving him abuse where i was last night at half time. There were also people walking out with us having a right pop at him. I'll give him more time and i think the vast majority of supporters are the same but the early signs are not great. The board had an amazing chance to build on success instead they went backwards and paid for Kenny from Derry then more money was spent getting rid of him, then more money to bring TC from Pats why not just give O'Neill a few bob more he wanted it would have been cheaper?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 11:31am
Was chatting to my shamrock supporting chum earlier this morning and he said he didnt want him in the first place. A lot of shamrockers think that whole warm up just after half time is just for the cameras.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:06pm
Anyone who is calling for a managers head after 5 league games wants their head tested. This season was always gonna be about closing that gap between us and Sligo. He has certainly sorted out the defence no end. Goals were always gonna be hard to come by after Twigg leaving. It's gonna take time but I've every confidence he will succeed.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:23pm
Kenny was sacked after roughly 25 League Games with a massive contract and mild succces behind him elsewhere. Croly would have a significantly lesser contract with no record. I would say he has about 10-12 games to turn it around otherwise Roacher The Poacher will be raiding another team for a cone handler.

Edited by Landon Donovan - 30 Mar 2013 at 12:24pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:47pm
What a load of balls. Unsourced rovers fans and the new Rockets. Do me a favour. 5 games in ffs
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:51pm
Saying real supporters don't boo and then saying you left early.....?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 12:57pm

The 2nd one is a Pats fan in fairness
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 1:05pm
And the fourth?

Any Bebo posts to add?

Is that it? Two fans on the Twitter machine immediately after a poor result?

Croly does need to sort it out, and fast, but Sligo have had the easier run in so far. We are a LONG way off him being under pressure. 
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

but Sligo have had the easier run in so far.

Both teams have had Bohs and Dundalk away. Shamrock have two draws. Sligo have two wins. Sligo have also beaten 2nd placed Derry away from home. But I suppose Shamrock have drawn with the mighty Shelbourne away from home.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Talla Tout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

And the fourth?

Any Bebo posts to add?

Is that it? Two fans on the Twitter machine immediately after a poor result?

Croly does need to sort it out, and fast, but Sligo have had the easier run in so far. We are a LONG way off him being under pressure. 

He's under pressure alright, but you even say it above and contradict yourself by saying he needs to sort it out and fast, I know one of the lads on the board told me last night he is too. Player wise we pushed the boat out this season with players on big 2 year contracts J Mc, Quigs, Chambers, there is time to turn it around though, so here's hoping. The board went for the cheap option too and a lot of fans did not agree with that.

How long would you give him roverstillidie?
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 1:26pm
Hey, don't shoot the messanger. I am just sharing what my bromo said after been at the game last night.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Talla Tout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Hey, don't shoot the messanger. I am just sharing what my bromo said after been at the game last night.

Nobody is saying it's not true but the fact of the matter is i suppose there is a difference of opinion among our own support over the manager, there was a couple of rumours about bust ups in the camp, so let's see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 54>
  Share Topic