You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toronto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toronto
    Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:23am
Well lads, finally getting outta this place for a while in a few monthsSmileSmile. Really need the break.

Any recomandations over there lads? Im looking for a short term lease, would college accomadation be the best way to go??? Dont fancy staying in a hostel..

Also how much are flights to america? Would i be able to get a cheapish return flight to vegas for example?

How costly is it over there?ant of those factory outlets??

New york close? Wanna take in philly and washington aswell

Cant wait now, cheers ladsClapClapClap
Whacha gonna do
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:33am
www.google.com
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:33am
haha very good, prefer getting 1st hand experiences
Whacha gonna do
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:35am
LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:36am
You got a visa for toronto?
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:39am
no i dont bud
Whacha gonna do
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:43am
Take it you're not gonna be working over there so
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:51am
I don't fancy your chances on that long haul flight.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:53am
Would love to go to Canada 
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:53am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Take it you're not gonna be working over there so

Wink
Whacha gonna do
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:56am
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Well lads, finally getting outta this place for a while in a few monthsSmileSmile. Really need the break.

Any recomandations over there lads? Im looking for a short term lease, would college accomadation be the best way to go??? Dont fancy staying in a hostel..

Also how much are flights to america? Would i be able to get a cheapish return flight to vegas for example?

Well as an ultimate warrior fan I shouldn't even be giving you a heads up hogan but anyway.

I lived there for a summer a few years back, cracking place, enormous city, and the summers are superb weather wise. So basically your laughin!

Hostels in the city centre are okay, the best of which is the canadiana, it's just off spadina and bloor intersection (these are the 2 main streets and they intersect) wouldn't be hard to find the canadiana I would imagine. There would be lots of college accommodation coming on stream in June in and around the same area which is where I stayed. It's very central as they've a great underground system in the city. Start havin a look online, I think it's called the Toronto star, can't recall for sure.

The city itself is like any city,pricier than smaller places around it but I never found it overly expensive there and at a guess I'd say its cheaper than dublin, which by the way is a fookin ripoff altogether.

Factory outlets, I can't help ya.

Flights in Canada internally are expensive I'm afraid and it's no better going to the u.s.a. On the plus side though you can rent a car and drive to New York, we did it, and it took 6 hours. Again, I might be a bit out there but I'm working from memory.

Good soccer set up out there if your interested and GAA (we got set up out there by playing Gaelic) you'd get building site work, cash in the hand. Hard work but good pay.

Things to do: go to the top of the CN Tower, once the tallest building in the world. Visit niagara falls, an hour and a half away and stay somewhere reasonably close to the subway system. Makes life very easy.

Oh and don't wear check shirts on a night out, we learned that the hard way!

Enjoy.

P.s. I almost forgot to mention go and visit the Toronto sky dome beside the tower, they've changed the name now, it's where wrestlemania 6 took place and warrior beat hogan to take both belts

Edited by Jackthelad - 29 Mar 2013 at 11:01am
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:57am
Flights from Canada - America are expensive. 2 hours cross border flight is a lot more than a 2 hour American flight. Busses to New York are cheap. Otherwise, bus to Buffalo, then fly to Vegas.

Never lived there, only 3 days as a tourist there. Toronto Islands are lovely in the summer. See the Hockey Hall of Fame too while you're there.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:58am
Re: New York its 17 hours on a bus.
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Well as an ultimate warrior fan I shouldn't even be giving you a heads up hogan but anyway.

I lived there for a summer a few years back, cracking place, enormous city, and the summers are superb weather wise. So basically your laughin!

Hostels in the city centre are okay, the best of which is the canadiana, it's just off spadina and bloor intersection (these are the 2 main streets and they intersect) wouldn't be hard to find the canadiana I would imagine. There would be lots of college accommodation coming on stream in June in and around the same area which is where I stayed. It's very central as they've a great underground system in the city. Start havin a look online, I think it's called the Toronto star, can't recall for sure.

The city itself is like any city,pricier than smaller places around it but I never found it overly expensive there and at a guess I'd say its cheaper than dublin, which by the way is a fookin ripoff altogether.

Flights in Canada internally are expensive I'm afraid and it's no better going to the u.s.a. On the plus side though you can rent a car and drive to New York, we did it, and it took 6 hours. Again, I might be a bit out there but I'm working from memory.

Good soccer set up out there if your interested and GAA (we got set up out there by playing Gaelic) you'd get building site work, cash in the hand. Hard work but good pay.

Things to do: go to the top of the CN Tower, once the tallest building in the world. Visit niagara falls, an hour and a half away and stay somewhere reasonably close to the subway system. Makes life very easy.

Enjoy.

P.s. I almost forgot to mention go and visit the Toronto sky dome beside the tower, they've changed the name now, it's where wrestlemania 6 took place and warrior beat hogan to take both belts

Great Advice, thanks!!
Whacha gonna do
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:05am

Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Enjoy.

Great Advice, thanks!!

No bother. I may be a bit out with drive time to NYC but we drove it so can be done.

Enjoy it, it's a top city.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:08am
BlueMan is living out there now, I'm sure he'd fill ya in on some info

Only 2 hours from US border and Outlets in Buffalo, As Jacklad mentioned above, CN tower and Niagra falls are the places to visit.

My sister been living there 3 years and Cost of living is much more expensive than in the states, JetBlue are the cheap airline to find flights down to the states.

Edited by Guf10 - 29 Mar 2013 at 11:11am
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:17am
thanks lads
Whacha gonna do
c90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 11:52am

youd be better off getting a bus to buffalo airport(3hrs) and getting flights from there. southwest fly to vegas from there.
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic