FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Score prediction Sweden v The Eire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Score prediction Sweden v The Eire
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 3:47pm
Planning is right though the predictions were completely mental, the amount of 3-5 nils, probably from lads that would usually predict wins when we play away.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 2:34pm
If you want shocking predictions see the thread about how we would do in the Euros. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

remeber all the greif you gave people who said Germany would score 5 or 6 against us. You said "no team comes to Dublin and scores 5". I really don't think you're in a position to be laughing at other peoples comments.

Well I think I am in a position, because we all know what happened that night hasn't happened here before and won't happen again.

Alternatively I've put up with reading months of unending doom and gloom over this game, (more 0-5 predictions ffs) I know that these are the kind of games we haven't lost since 2007, and I said before that I thought we could get another result out there and we did.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 2:00pm
Right do we now all predict a comfortable win on Tues ?
I hope it doesnt end in tears.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:47pm
Planning, remeber all the greif you gave people who said Germany would score 5 or 6 against us. You said "no team comes to Dublin and scores 5". I really don't think you're in a position to be laughing at other peoples comments.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:42pm
Didnt see a prediction from him neither.Embarrassed
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:22pm
You're a sad man planning
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:17pm
Time to relive some golden whoppers....... LOL

Quote I'm travelling with little expectation of getting a result. Everything we have seen from the team and management in the last year would have to lead us to the conclusion that we'll be comfortably beaten on Friday night.
Quote In fairness the majority of us are being realistic. There is no reason in the world for us to pure optimistic about this game
Quote its hard to see us getting anything out of this.
Quote Reckon we not do enough to get or deserve anything.
Quote Did you even watch the Ireland & Poland game!! Poland were far the better team. Sweden are a far better team than Poland. it will be a stroll in the park for the Swedes.
Quote Think there is a lot of underestimating of Sweden going on.

Of course on paper, at least, we are fücked.

Quote They've competed extremely well against top level opposition over the past year, and they score goals. Two against England and France at the European Championship, four against Germany in the World Cup and the friendly against England. Compare that to our farcical efforts against top level opposition. 
Quote Be delighted with a draw but cant see it, fear an easy 2-0
Quote Sweden to win by 2 goals without getting out of second gear....
Quote 2-0 Sweden
Quote Zlatan 2-0 Ireland
Quote All the evidence suggest a 2-0 win for Sweden.
Quote 2 nil to the Swedes
Quote 2-1 to Sweden. I think we'll lose finishing with a whimper.
Quote 2/3-0
Quote Would think we will lose.

Sweden 3- 0 Eire
Quote If Trap plays 4-4-2 with Whelan and Green in the middle, we will be hammered. Sweden 3-0.

Quote At least 3-0 to Sweden
Quote Not confident about our chances and feel we will end up chasing shadows all game

Sweden 3-0 Ireland
Quote The realist part of me is kicking in so i've changed my a opinion to a 3-0 defeat. I'm getting a very negative vibe about things and soundings emanating from the squad don't sound very convincing to me.
Quote 3 nil Sweden by the hour mark, then up to themselves wether they inflict more damage
Quote 3-0 to Sweden, I'd say there's handy money to be make.
Quote Will be played off the park,2 or 3 nil to the hosts.Ireland at the moment are quite sh1te at the football.
Quote Dont think we will get a result. Sweden 3 - 1 Ireland
Quote I genuinely fear a thumping. I just can't see anything other than a Sweden victory.

Sweden 3-1 Ireland

Quote I have a horrible feeling this could end up quite ugly. Every time we play against reasonable opposition we get utterly outplayed anyway, and when you consider that this Sweden team has recently hit four against vastly superior sides to us in England and Germany, well, you shudder to think what they might do to our limited bunch of triers.

4-0 to Sweden
Quote  4 nil sweden, how can it be anything else with the propability of green, sammon and cox on the park.
Quote 4..1 Sweden.We are not good enough, Harsh but true.A whopping is on the cards.
Quote I hate to say it but 3 or 4 - 1 to Sweden.
Quote If that team is to be believed i will go with 4-1 sweden easily!!

Quote You are pretty spot on there...this is exactly how it will play out..they will get maybe 3 or 4
Quote Sweden 5 FAI Representative Team 0
Quote We are already behind in this match with an out of touch manager and his out of touch ways....five nil to Sweden is what my head is saying....
Quote  this will be a very easy night for the Swedes. I will go with 5-1

Quote He will be playing for a 0-0 result.  Which wont happen.
Quote I would say that hope will be gone very early
Quote Can see us getting f**k all from this

.....result: 0-0

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by planning - 23 Mar 2013 at 1:24pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

0-0 . A frustrating and painful 90 minutes with a tidy point at the end .

What odds was it ?
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

0-0 at best. That's what we're playing for.

7/1 taverymucho Thumbs Up

A draw away from home against a 2nd seed team ranked well above us and given our recent competitive form against some top sides, this was an excellent result. 
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 9:32am

0-0 . A frustrating and painful 90 minutes with a tidy point at the end .

What odds was it ?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 8:50am
Not afraid to admit I got it wrong. Couldn't believe how well we played and passed it around. Ok not many attempts on goal from either side but we would have taken a point. Just home we dont fall back into our old ways of sh*t home performances. Could we keep Trap as an away manager and bring in someone else for the home games?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 1:57am
Given the predictions by and large, the actual result is exactly that, a result.Big smile
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 9:40pm
f**k all you pessimistic bastards! :-)

Well done to Trap and the lads!
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 6:11pm
1-0 to ireland, robbie to score late on
after some heroic/last ditch defending
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 5:29pm
2-1 to Sweden. Not much optimism here!
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 5:26pm
I JUST HAVE A FEELING, HE COULDNT, COULD HE?

1 0 GREENClap
Whacha gonna do
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 2:20pm
0-0 sounds and smells about right. Exchanged emails with a Swedish colleague and they are not super confident. 
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

2-0 Swedes, looking at the team my hunch is the wingers will cough up the ball to much with the centres unable to win it back or press effectively! The back four will lose composure under pressure and launch it at the strikers making the front pairing redundant finishing off with long being pulled around the 70 min Mark..with sweden coasting. sound familiar

This...but we may hold them out

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic