You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sweden Match in London

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sweden Match in London
    Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 4:41pm
Sorry for starting a new thread but I couldn't find any category to put this into. Any YBIGGERS watching this in Central London Friday night? I think England are playing the same time so it will have to be an Irish friendly pub I suppose.

That pub a lot of people were in for the Kazakhstan game is closed for refurbishments I think.
Sponsored Links

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 5:16pm
i just had a look, is this game even on tv in the UK. Sky showing North game v russia, england on itv. It might have to be a pub with rte ? 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 1:52pm
It's probably on that dodgy Premier Sports channel that nobody seems to have access to, but which is showing most of our away games nowadays.
It will probably be on in Quinns in Camden, or the 12 Pins in Finsbury Park, or one of the pubs on Holloway Road (Quays, Mother Redcaps etc) not sure if that's central enough for you.

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
It's not on premier sports, or any channel in the UK according to the Sky guide.
The Marquis of Granby where people watched the Kazakhstan game is closed. They are renovating the building and there will be a new bar or restaurant where the pub was. Apartments above it.

Don't know of any central London pub with an Irish sky box so you might have to head out a bit in order to watch it.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:36pm

Connolly's Irish Bar on Chiswick High Road has it.Just back from a brilliant weekend there isnt a better Irish Bar in London.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:50pm
Fck I booked my flights to Stockholm,  when did this get moved.  Was it due to the snow. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Fck I booked my flights to Stockholm,  when did this get moved.  Was it due to the snow. 

0/100.....shocking attempt
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

0/100.....shocking attempt
I would give it -4 ohhh sorry that's the weather forecast .....
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kessler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 9:14pm
I emailed Sky about this a week back as i'll be outside Ireland and couldn't see it listed on any UK stations. They were supposed to reply in 24-48 hours but just got back to me today so dunno if their stance has changed in recent days:

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that Sky are showing the Sweden V Rep Ireland match on the 22/03/2013 at 19:45. Please refer to your TV guide for the Sky Sports channel it will be broadcast on .

I trust my response assists with your enquiry.

Kind Regards

Stacey

Customer Support"

I'm not sure if this means they are now showing it or if they're giving me the wrong information. It's still not listed on an Sky Sports channels and, last I checked, they've live sport on all 4 Friday night. 

MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

It's probably on that dodgy Premier Sports channel that nobody seems to have access to, but which is showing most of our away games nowadays.
It will probably be on in Quinns in Camden, or the 12 Pins in Finsbury Park, or one of the pubs on Holloway Road (Quays, Mother Redcaps etc) not sure if that's central enough for you.

Twelve Pins will definitely have it. That's where I watch any games when I can't make it to the match.

Doubt the Quays would have it if it's not on Sky, not sure about the Redcap.

Anyway, the Pins is easy enough to get to once you're prepared to go to the likes of Oxford Circus or Leicester square - 15mins from Oxford Circus on the tube or 20mins from Leicester Square.
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 9:36pm
The Crown and Cushion near Waterloo is probably the closest to central London that has an Irish sky box. Give them a call to see if they are showing the game if you're close by.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 10:15pm
It might be on the red button, in which case good luck with finding somewhere showing it or getting a barman to figure out how to work the buttons.

You need a pub with an actual sky box (not upc, not virgin, not any sh*tty cable) and a barman or barmaid who knows their stuff and will facilitate you.

Best of luck with that.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by kessler kessler wrote:

I emailed Sky about this a week back as i'll be outside Ireland and couldn't see it listed on any UK stations. They were supposed to reply in 24-48 hours but just got back to me today so dunno if their stance has changed in recent days:

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that Sky are showing the Sweden V Rep Ireland match on the 22/03/2013 at 19:45. Please refer to your TV guide for the Sky Sports channel it will be broadcast on .

I trust my response assists with your enquiry.

Kind Regards

Stacey

Customer Support"

I'm not sure if this means they are now showing it or if they're giving me the wrong information. It's still not listed on an Sky Sports channels and, last I checked, they've live sport on all 4 Friday night. 

Sounds like Stacey is talking out of her hole.
There's cricker on SS1, Scotland v Wales on SS2, Nordies v Russkies on SS3 and golf on SS4.

Could be on the red button like SuperDave84 said, in which case there's fook all chance of a pub showing it.
The 12 Pins will definitely have it though.
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 1:24pm
I have emailed a couple of pubs to see if they are showing our game, will let yee know.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 3:53pm
12 pins for me then probably, just a few stops from walthamstow.
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic