Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 25>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm
Yeah poor away support but on a tuesday night you can understand why people have not the same interest. Most have fallen off the bandwagon since last June

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:47pm
How'd you know it's only a 1000?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:47pm
Agreed,i know its a Tuesday but the game has huge importance and there are lots of cheap enough ways to get to Vienna, my mate only decided on Thursday that he was going and will get there and back for less than 150€.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:48pm

away ticket thread

@SL, any idea where we'll be seated now??

London was midweek too, 12,000 at it
Stretchryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm

Bob think it was in the Austrian press we only took 1k tickets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:50pm

away ticket thread

@SL, any idea where we'll be seated now??

London was midweek too, 12,000 at it

Doubt the seating will change,if they do they will put us behind the goal i would imagine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:55pm
BH

I got the info from the Austrian FA website when the announced additional tickets going on sale

www.oefb.at/tickets-pid608#el22158
The Saint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:16pm

1000 going to this is absolutely patheticThumbs Down

Not much different to recent qualifiers in all fairness.
I reckon 1,200 in Sweden. Hard to compare with London

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:33pm
lot more than 1200 in Stockholm big problem is all the bandwagon are going to cologne.
ViennaFritz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:39pm
Lads:
a) Don´t forget about the masses of Irish from the continent who got themselves "local" tickets, I think my whole GAA-club from Vienna and e.g. most of the guys from the expat soccer team I am with in Vienna will be there as well ...
b) its not (only) about the number of fans travelling, but also about the quality, and if I read some postings here, I would say we will still have a few happy nights in Charlie´s to look forward to ... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by ViennaFritz ViennaFritz wrote:

Lads:
a) Don´t forget about the masses of Irish from the continent who got themselves "local" tickets, I think my whole GAA-club from Vienna and e.g. most of the guys from the expat soccer team I am with in Vienna will be there as well ...
b) its not (only) about the number of fans travelling, but also about the quality, and if I read some postings here, I would say we will still have a few happy nights in Charlie´s to look forward to ... 

Well this is it. 5 of us getting our tickets through one of my mates's good connections.Hope we'll be in the Irish end though seeing as they've been sent back LOL 

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Aug 2013 at 3:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:44pm
It's not a problem. Anyone who has been to one game in this campaign will get a ticket to Cologne if they want it.

1,000 in Austria, apparently 1,200 in Sweden (at most 2,500, I'd say 1,500 is about right), 200 in Kstan (and a lot of those were Irish lads who work out there) and 400 in Faroes (at most 500)..... even if those figures are 50% less generous than accurate (say, the total is around 50% higher than 2,800) and even if nobody went to more than one game (which is nonsense), that's still only 4,200 people. The real figure is probably much closer to 2,000, or at a push 2,500 or 3,000, almost all of whom went to England. I'd be surprised if there was one Irish fan in Cardiff who hadn't been to another game either. They'll all get tickets to Cologne if they want them. Long and short of it, anyone who has been to a single Ireland away game since the euros except Wembley, be it friendly or competitive, will get a ticket if they want one, as there hasn't even been 4,500 cumulatively at Ireland away games since the euros, England aside.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:47pm

We've changed our hotel to somewhere a bit nearer to Charlie P's as this seems to be a decent spot where there will be lots of fans. Our last hotel was decent and well located but the new place seems grand too and is closer to the fun.

just across the road from it Thumbs Up stayed in a university dorm last time round as was off term time

I can't do hostels or dorms. I like to have my own space and a proper night's kip before the following day's madness begins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:48pm

Lads:

Well this is it. 5 of us getting our tickets through one of my mates's good connections.Hope we'll be in the Irish end though seeing as they've been sent back LOL 

why did ye not set up an account and apply urself? no connections needed for this one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:51pm

Lads:

why did ye not set up an account and apply urself? no connections needed for this one

well for this trip my mate is sorting the tickets and I've sorted flights and accommodation. Usually I go through one of the FAI lads in Mayo for tickets.I'll probably set up an account after this game actually 

Edited by irishmufc - 19 Aug 2013 at 3:52pm
ViennaFritz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:00pm
This is a nice 3*-hotel just approx. 5 minutes walking distance from Charlies, in a quiet little side street, currently going for € 65.- / night / double room on hrs.com for the match nights , my office used it for guest a few times previously and it was very good. http://www.hotelboltzmann.at/en/home.php

Edit: You get the same price if you book directly from the hotel: http://www.hotelboltzmann.at/en/booking-conditions-hotel-vienna.php 

Edited by ViennaFritz - 19 Aug 2013 at 4:04pm
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:01pm

Lads:

Jez man havin anightmare wit the FAI ticketoffice, no response to emails, tried sttin up an account again no response, still in need of 3 tickets!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:45pm
have to say 1000 isn't great even allowing for all the continental ex pats, decent time of the year, decent city by all accounts, decent options on travel - disappointing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 25>