You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:41pm
Thinking of spending a couple of nights in Linz before Vienna. Anybody know if its worth going to Linz?
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Thinking of spending a couple of nights in Linz before Vienna. Anybody know if its worth going to Linz?

Nothing in Linz but a river and Hitlers parents grave!got to Graz or Salzburg!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Nothing in Linz but a river and Hitlers parents grave!got to Graz or Salzburg!

Cheers. Will have a look at going to Graz so. Was in Salzburg before, lovely spot, would recommend it to anybody thinking of spending a bit of time in Austria for that week.

Edited by Lodger - 06 May 2012 at 3:32pm
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:08am

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:39am
Regardless lads if this is in Vienna (Which most likely it will be) or not if anyone has the days for it, Id recommend at least a night in Salzburg as well. stunning place.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:20pm
Whats salzburg like lads is it any cheaper then vienna? Might stop off on the way down from Munich.
Your twistin my melon man
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by awaydays awaydays wrote:

Whats salzburg like lads is it any cheaper then vienna? Might stop off on the way down from Munich.

Just do it man! you wont regret it!
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:56pm

Just do it man! you wont regret it!
if you say so thenBig smile
Your twistin my melon man
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:37pm

I was expecting Salzburg to be very expensive but found it reasonable. No worse than here but as Salzburglily posted you wont regret visiting it. The view from the castle over it is something else.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:11pm
Wherever you go in Austria its going to be cheaper than Dublin.

Would love to make this trip...
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:31pm

OFB /Austrian football federation have stated they will confirm the venue at the start of next year.

Tough choice. "Vienna, Vienna, or Vienna?"

"It's Vienna"
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 7:24pm
Any decent Austrian pubs in Vienna?
mayhemb View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayhemb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by finnanselbow finnanselbow wrote:

Any decent Austrian pubs in Vienna?

Yep. Depends on what you're after in a bar but I can recommend some for you.

Incidentally, I was talking to a guy last night who is the business manager for one of the first division teams here and has lots of contacts within the association here and he was adamant that the game will be played in Vienna. 
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by mayhemb mayhemb wrote:

I used to live on that street where the Meininger is - it looks grand and is very close to the centre and a rake of Irish pubs. I will be gutted if this match is not in Vienna. While ordinarily I would love an aul' away knees-up in Salzburg, me and the lads here have been waiting feckin' years for thisAngry

So have we Will! Charlies and O'Connors will be buzzing! Doc must be delighted Big smile
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:37am
New thread. All chat related to the Austria trip but not to do with tickets, accomm or transport.

Will move in old posts too.

I promise this will all make sense very soon and make this sub forum a lot easier to use, so patience please!!!
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:42pm
So seeing as the Austrian F.A were waiting to see if they still had a chance of qualifying at the end of March before deciding on a venue for this game, i think the fact that Sweden have dropped points and even if we beat them on Tuesday they will still feel they have a chance for 2nd, so i reckon this game will almost certainly be in Vienna!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:46pm

So seeing as the Austrian F.A were waiting to see if they still had a chance of qualifying at the end of March before deciding on a venue for this game, i think the fact that Sweden have dropped points and even if we beat them on Tuesday they will still feel they have a chance for 2nd, so i reckon this game will almost certainly be in Vienna!

No reason why they wouldnt wait to decide til after the match in June.

Edited by Kerrzy - 24 Mar 2013 at 8:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic