You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:02pm
If people are tight for cash they are probably going to Cologne instead of Vienna.
Sponsored Links

The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

If people are tight for cash they are probably going to Cologne instead of Vienna.

would imagine people who do the odd trip doing Germany alright instead of Vienna.

FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:14pm
Yeah, the Friday factor helps as well in terms of the number of days off required (two days off for Germany = fly out Wednesday evening, come back Sunday, if you want, two days off for Austria = fly out Monday evening or Tuesday morning, fly back hungover on Wednesday), plus a lot of people were in London, and a lot of people have family holidays to take during the summer and cannot justify heading away again so soon - there are reasons there are so few.

Remember, if we take 1,000 tickets, relative to the German population (81.8 million to the ROI 4.6m, even IOI 6.4m, count it as 5.5m to take 50% of the North), it's like them taking 81.8m*1,000/5.5m = about 15,000 here and they didn't have near that. Now, Austria only has 8.4m, about 1.5 times here and I think they had more than 1,500 here, but still. Sweden is about 9.5m so we should expect around 1,800, but let's wait and see. 1,000 is low by historic standards but about right for our population. We'll still have a great crowd in Cologne.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:46pm
I'd this game earmarked for at the start as it's was always going to be more vital than the Cologne one imo given we're paying against one of our direct rivals. We could still get 2000 at this.We'll certainly get more than 1000 id say
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 6:03pm

you would of thought a qualifier against Austria would trump a friendly against England
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

you would of thought a qualifier against Austria would trump a friendly against England

You would have thought so however unfortunately it doesn't work like that. A friendly in Wembley against England would appeal far more to the 'event junkie' than a crucial qualifier away in Austria. I know lads who went to Wembley you have never been to Lansdowne let alone an away qualifier.

I'm sure we all know lads (I know I do) who went to Poland for the jolly and again had never set foot inside Lansdowne road or in some cases never watched an Ireland game from start to finish.

Anyway if the FAI sold 1,000 tickets for this I reckon with expats, etc we will have closer the 1,500 mark inside the stadium.
JohnnyD87 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyD87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

You would have thought so however unfortunately it doesn't work like that. A friendly in Wembley against England would appeal far more to the 'event junkie' than a crucial qualifier away in Austria. I know lads who went to Wembley you have never been to Lansdowne let alone an away qualifier.

I'm sure we all know lads (I know I do) who went to Poland for the jolly and again had never set foot inside Lansdowne road or in some cases never watched an Ireland game from start to finish.

Anyway if the FAI sold 1,000 tickets for this I reckon with expats, etc we will have closer the 1,500 mark inside the stadium.

Anyway i can still get hold of 3 tickets in the irish end for this tried everytin wit the emails and registry no luck
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 8:45am
Just checked another few Austrian and German channels to see if they will show the Sweden/Kazak game,no luck thus far although not all the channels will give out the listings for another week or two.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:04am

wouldnt have thought so ,

1 loads of irish in england
2 chance to see wembley
3 playing against england for the first time in years
4 loads of ways to get to england
5 loads of friends and relations in england

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:03pm
We could also have a play off in November, thats 3 away trips in 3 months.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:30pm

That's true but wait and see the crowd that will travel if we make the playoffs. This game has been fixed for how long people ha plenty of time to have money together for it as we all knew it was going to be 1 of the most important games in the group.

People took all different ways of going to poland last year without a problem getting to Vienna isn't that hard plenty of surrounding places to fly to and travel on from there
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:47pm
I reckon we shouldn't worry about who aint going and try and create as good as possible an atmosphere in the stadium
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

I reckon we shouldn't worry about who aint going and try and create as good as possible an atmosphere in the stadium
Clap
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm

yes well lets worry about that when it happensLOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
dublin-hammer View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dublin-hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Clap

+1 Clap
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:23pm
OK Thumbs Up  Finally found a tv channel that shows Kazahkstan v Sweden at 18.00 Austrian time,its ATV 2 ,a local free view channel so any bar/cafe/brewery anywhere with a tv can show it!
 http://www.atv2.at/wm-qualifikation-live-kasachstan-schweden-3820440
branding

WM-Qualifikation LIVE Kasachstan - Schweden

• Vorschau
  • Über die Sendung
  • Moderatoren
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • 10.09.13 Di 17:55
Staffel 0 // Folge 1 von 4

Dieses Spiel ist für Österreichs Team von großer Bedeutung, ist Schweden doch der größte Konkurrent um Gruppenplatz zwei und damit um einen Play-off-Platz für die WM in Brasilien. Österreichs Kicker haben in Astana nur einen Punkt geholt. Sollten die Schweden in Kasachstan auch Punkte lassen, wäre das für unsere Nationalmannschaft sehr viel Wert. Elisabeth Auer moderiert dieses brisante Match. Philipp Krummholz kommentiert.

Genre

Edited by Salzburglilly - 20 Aug 2013 at 9:24pm
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:26pm
Dodgiest looking commentator ever. I wouldn't trust him with my sister. Or daughter.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Dodgiest looking commentator ever. I wouldn't trust him with my sister. Or daughter.

Think your sister or daughter might be of a different opinion DaveLOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
  Share Topic